Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Democrats' plan to help 'uninsurables' questioned

Quote Originally Posted by zebracakes View Post
    I agree about abortion being an elective procedure. While I'm very grateful that the choice exists, it is still a choice. In the majority of cases it is not going to be essential to my health to obtain an abortion. You also have to factor in that low income women can already get free or low cost birth control and the morning after pill. Anyone willing to take responsibility for themselves can avoid pregnancy. I would much rather see costs kept down than to cover every medical procedure under the sun, especially ones that are totally a person's choice. Where would you draw the line? Would you cover my boob job too? After all, I'm very depressed about my flat chest. I think you should cover that too.
    If you're interested in keeping costs down, an abortion costs less than the minimal pre- and post-natal care required for both a mother and baby. Of course, when they are refused care, no one has to see them because they're not allowed in the hospitals. So we can pretend the problem doesn't exist, or at least congratulate ourselves that the non-covered people aren't taking up space "in line."

Not to mention that people don't choose to have abortions one day like they choose what size boobs to have because they want to look a certain way in a shirt. People should be able to have health care the supports their choice to not have a baby, just like they have health care that supports people's choices to have one.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkur View Post
    If you're interested in keeping costs down, an abortion costs less than the minimal pre- and post-natal care required for both a mother and baby. Of course, when they are refused care, no one has to see them because they're not allowed in the hospitals. So we can pretend the problem doesn't exist, or at least congratulate ourselves that the non-covered people aren't taking up space "in line."

Not to mention that people don't choose to have abortions one day like they choose what size boobs to have because they want to look a certain way in a shirt. People should be able to have health care the supports their choice to not have a baby, just like they have health care that supports people's choices to have one.
    Aren't rubbers or Birth control covered? There's your choice.. and it's cheaper than an abortion.

Those can and do fail.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

My oral contraceptives cost $35 per month. Ins does not cover it
    My grace is sufficient for you, for my my strength is made perfect in weakness...I love you dad!
    Rip Mom

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information