Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Democrats adding 500 Billion in pork to bailout bill

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy View Post
    Since when is "disaster aid" to those in the USA "crap?"
    Yes, we can only bail out the fat cats on Wall Street. Don't you know anything Fluffy?!

Helping people in need = weakening Americuh

Helping people who don't need it = strengthening Americuh

According to the U.S. Bureau of the Census, the resident population of the United States, projected to 09/23/08 at 21:57 GMT (EST+5) is 305,236,801

I like this plan: Give every person one million dollars. See how fast the economy picks up!
    That would be a better use. And it won't even cost 750 million!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    I'll slam people for posting articles that have no content or follow a typical pattern of saying hysterical things while failing to provide the evidence to back it up.

this is a pattern. Ive noted it. These articles obviously appeal to you in some way, thus you bear the brunt for posting it. You're not responsible for the content itself, but it's like posting an opinion.. ultimately you put it out on here.
    tkdgirl = witchcurlgirl = sweetie

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    The article didn't even say wtf the pork was. I love that.

"ZOMG TEH DEMOCRATS ARE TRYING TO SPEND TEH MONIES!!!! but we wont tell you on what and then we'll blame it on suepr secrecy!!!11"

wtf ever. Come back when you have something to report, not just baseless hysteria.

And frankly, anybody upset that Dems are trying to spend a trifling amount on USEFUL stuff (like helping poor people not freeze to death in winter) needs to take a look at the last 8 years, the massive debts and deficits and the current stupidity and wonder "gee, who's been spending all that money?"
    Yes it did:
    While top-level congressional leaders haven't made final decisions, elements of the year-end budget package are likely to include:
    _Stopgap government funding. Most federal agencies would see their budgets frozen at current levels for several weeks or even into March. Lawmakers want to avoid a postelection "lame duck" session, but fear the White House will force them to return to session in November in hopes Congress would approve a free trade pact with Colombia.
    _Security-related budgets. More than $600 billion to fund the 2009 budgets for the Pentagon, Homeland Security Department and the Department of Veterans Affairs.
    _Disaster aid. Up to $25 billion in emergency funding for victims of Gulf Coast hurricanes, midwestern floods and other natural disasters.
    _Automaker loans. More than $7 billion is provided to subsidize $25 billion in loans to help the "Big Three" U.S. automakers retool their plants to build cleaner, more energy efficient cars.
    _Heating subsidies. Democrats want to double the budget to $5.1 billion for a popular program providing heating subsidies for the poor.

What assholes the Dems are! Trying to get in some money to make sure they federal government keeps running. And wanting to provide heating subsidies for the poor? Bastards! What's that? Disaster aid? How could they?!?!?!? And I know I've read it all when I see that they want to give incentives to build more efficient cars. I tell you what, the damn Dems are running this country into the ground.

Don't they know all this money could be going to an even better cause? You know, something like that black hole of money called Iraq. I mean, this kind of crap spending just cannot be tolerated! Write your congressmand or woman!

The outrage!
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."

No, that's the original... the "ad ons" are so super secret the article can't tell us.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by bychance View Post

Excuse me?!
    You really don't want to start with me today.
    And just so you know, the comments I make, I make just to fuck with people like, just to get under your skin. I am glad to see it works so well too.

Quote Originally Posted by bychance View Post

Heaven forbid some GRers hold a different opinion than the rest! OH THE HORROR!!!!!

A government big enough to give you everything you want,
    is strong enough to take everything you have. ~Thomas Jefferson

^ Yeah, the bad thing is....I have been called much worse, by far better people.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    ^ Yeah, the bad thing is....I have been called much worse, by far better people.
    You too?

Quote Originally Posted by tkdgirl View Post
    Heaven forbid some GRers hold a different opinion than the rest! OH THE HORROR!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post

I'm glad to be in the company of you ladies.....
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    According to the U.S. Bureau of the Census, the resident population of the United States, projected to 09/23/08 at 21:57 GMT (EST+5) is 305,236,801

I like this plan: Give every person one million dollars. See how fast the economy picks up!
    That would be a better use. And it won't even cost 750 million!
    Don't get me wrong - I love the idea of getting a million. But it would cost way more than that. Giving everyone one dollar would equal 305 million. I think you'd have to add 7 zero's to the number you noted above to get how much it would cost to give everyone a million, which would equal: 3,052,368,010,000,000. I think this would be three quadrillion, but am not totally sure. I kind of suck at math.

But I like where you're going. LOL! I think they could give everyone a two hundred grand and be under the 700 trillion bailout amount. I wouldn't say no to that.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."

Well ladies - I do no agree with most of your opinions but I support your right to have them and appeciate that you take time to shed light on info I may not have considered.

^ That's the thing, I really believe what most of you do, I just like getting a rise out of some posters, just because it is so easy. I like to bring out the snappy, drawers to far up in the ass crack comments.

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    Well ladies - I do no agree with most of your opinions but I support your right to have them and appeciate that you take time to shed light on info I may not have considered.
    Well thank you, Sluce! Variety is the spice of life!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information