Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Deficit Commission: A major transfer of wealth from middle class to filthy rich

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    Because Kerry is white, Grim. Der.
    I knew that, but I wanted ol Mikey to admit it.

I love the knee jerk passive aggressive accusations of racism when anybody questions the policies of Dear Leader.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Raaaaacist!!!!!!

How come when we all hated Bush now one ever accused us of being prejudiced against the developmentally disabled?

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    Oh, I think you'll find that it is NOT mandatory. It wouldn't be steps backwards because Obama has made no forward motion. He's sat on his ass and continued Bush's policies. He will not win. And what the hell has a water shortage got to do with Obama remaining president? Do you think he can stop it or something?

Yeah, this too!

Because Kerry is white, Grim. Der.

You shouldn't be running amok with your fear mongering. Isn't that something we typically leave to the Tea Party or the GOP? My, my now one of Obama's fans is doing the same? See? You're no different than "they" are!
    I don't think you pay attention to the Dow Jones Industrial Index. Under the democratic presidency, the industrial sector (blue-chip companies) have improved within their share value. Each share of the blue chip companies are worth more today than they were in 2009. The Dow gained 19% of it's value back then in 2009. I mathematically calculated it. Today the Dow is a little over 11,000 which shows that the industrial sector is strengthening under the democrats` watch. Private sector jobs have also increased this year as well. We are getting in about 154,000 jobs a month (nationally) into powering the economy, and we need around 200,000 to keep up with population growth and demand. Things are improving, they're just improving at a snails pace, and with a Republican Congress, the pace of improvement would be even slower as there's going to be no bipartisanship. Obama may have to start vetoing things. It's not like nothing has been done. I say this because I live in Maryland which has a stronger economy than where you live in, which I'm guessing is probably California. California filed for bankruptcy, college tuition is really high there, and their unemployment rate is higher than the national average. Think about Nevada also, they have the highest rate of home foreclosures among the other states. Since our state's better off economically, the state trends for democratic senators, even though the nation went for republican candidates. The midterm elections weren't a referendum on Obama's performance, because there is disapproval for the GOP as well, if you look at the polls which talk about Obama's job approval score. By the way, I'm white too man, I just vote democratic at the polls.

Sike, I'm actually black, and a cross country runner.
    Last edited by mikesandy; November 17th, 2010 at 12:30 PM.

Tl, Dr

But again, someone needs some basic econ lessons. The DJ isn't the benchmark of the economy. Stocks trade higher based on the assumption that recovery is around the corner. This time, recovery is years away. When markets realize this disconnect, prices will head lower. Absent a swift economic rebound, current price levels cannot be supported.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

Hit By Ban Bus!

I knew that, but it's at least a sector of the economy that has shown improvement. If a republican was in charge and the Dow was only 2,000, what would you be saying now?

Quote Originally Posted by mikesandy View Post
    I don't think you pay attention to the Dow Jones Industrial Index. Under the democratic presidency, the industrial sector (blue-chip companies) have improved within their share value. Each share of the blue chip companies are worth more today than they were in 2009. The Dow gained 19% of it's value back then in 2009. I mathematically calculated it. Today the Dow is a little over 11,000 which shows that the industrial sector is strengthening under the democrats` watch. Private sector jobs have also increased this year as well. We are getting in about 154,000 jobs a month (nationally) into powering the economy, and we need around 200,000 to keep up with population growth and demand. Things are improving, they're just improving at a snails pace, and with a Republican Congress, the pace of improvement would be even slower as there's going to be no bipartisanship. Obama may have to start vetoing things. It's not like nothing has been done. I say this because I live in Maryland which has a stronger economy than where you live in, which I'm guessing is probably California. California filed for bankruptcy, college tuition is really high there, and their unemployment rate is higher than the national average. Think about Nevada also, they have the highest rate of home foreclosures among the other states. Since our state's better off economically, the state trends for democratic senators, even though the nation went for republican candidates. The midterm elections weren't a referendum on Obama's performance, because there is disapproval for the GOP as well, if you look at the polls which talk about Obama's job approval score. By the way, I'm white too man, I just vote democratic at the polls.
    No, I'm not in California. I'm in Texas. And no, that doesn't mean I voted for Bush - not once, not either Bush! I don't give a shit about the "party" - I don't give a damn if you're a purple elephant or green donkey - doesn't matter to me. I care about progress, reform, employment, the people - not just the rich people. I care more about the little people, the poor people - the ones that are constantly getting screwed in the country.
    As for Obama's job approval, it seems to be almost neck-and-neck. 48 approval and 45 disapproval: Gallup Daily: Obama Job Approval

I don't vote along party lines, never have and never will. I try (TRY) to vote for the person I think is going to do better for this country, not his affiliated party.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Hit By Ban Bus!

Well, Texas rejected the $862 billion dollar stimulus plan, so hence, that's why there's less economic improvement going on in your state, relative to the other states.

YouTube - Mark Sanford responds to Jim Clyburn's Racism Allegations

See, the economic recovery is uneven based on what state you're in. Just move out of Texas, modify your driver's license and go to New York or something and you'll find economic conditions are still difficult, but at least better than living in Texas.

Well, Texas rejected the $862 billion dollar stimulus plan, so hence, that's why there's less economic improvement going on in your state, relative to the other states.

YouTube - Mark Sanford responds to Jim Clyburn's Racism Allegations

See, the economic recovery is uneven based on what state you're in. Just move out of Texas, modify your driver's license and go to New York or something and you'll find economic conditions are still difficult, but at least better than living in Texas.
    What you seem to fail to realize is that we're going down as a fucking country - not state by state. mkay? The stimulus that Texas rejected was $556 million. Due to there being too many strings attached. Texas wanted to use the money to create jobs rather than just use for unemployment. It doesn't bother me that Texas refused the money. Texas will take care of what we have to. The ass who refused that money was just re-elected too. I'm not moving out of Texas, I'll not be modifying my driver's license. I'm not a chicken shit who's going to jump ship at the first sign of problems. What's going on here, is going on in Maryland and you guys took the damn money!
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    П(•_•)П

Some governors chose not to take stimulus money because they felt that it would lock them into future costs that would weigh on state budgets after the stimulus money is gone.

The latest Obameter (http://politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/):

The Obameter: Tracking Obama's Campaign Promises

The Obameter Scorecard
    PolitiFact has compiled more than 500 promises that Barack Obama made during the campaign and is tracking their progress on our Obameter.
    We rate their status as Not Yet Rated, In the Works or Stalled. Once we find action is completed, we rate them Promise Kept, Compromise or Promise Broken.
    The report card at right provides an up-to-the-minute tally of all the promises.
    Other ways to browse the Obameter Obameter update RSS feed

Sigh, again politifact is a load of crap because they count "PROMISES KEPT" even if the promise is kept is kept IN NAME ONLY, totally devoid of the actual content which in many cases is the exact fucking opposite of the name.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Secondly, this bit:

We are getting in about 154,000 jobs a month (nationally) into powering the economy
    Doesn't matter one whit given that you LOST 23 million jobs where you could live off the wage.

Wtf jobs are being added now? Crap jobs. Jobs where you cannot earn a living. That number doesn't even keep pace with how many you're losing per month anyway.

Thirdly, the DJ is nothing. America has the barest sketches of a manufacturing base left. Everything has been offshored. Stocks are up, Wall Street is up, everything is up because they slashed workers and used that money to buy their own stock back.

it's a short term bump. unless they plan on relying on china and india to make up for the depressed buying power of the US middle class (which is soon to be a thing of the past) then....

Hey, this one was kept, apparently:

Alternative Minimum Tax patch is in the stimulus bill

Updated: Tuesday, February 17th, 2009 | By Angie Drobnic Holan
    During the presidential campaign, Barack Obama and Republican nominee John McCain promised they would extend and index for inflation a "patch" to fix the Alternative Minimum Tax.
    Commonly called the AMT, it is a separate income tax that was intended to ensure that wealthy people did not use loopholes to avoid paying taxes. If you reach a certain minimum income level, you have to pay this tax regardless of your deductions and exemptions.
    The trouble is that the AMT, unlike the standard system, is not indexed for inflation. More and more people have hit the threshold, and when they do they end up paying higher taxes. Increasingly, the AMT is becoming a burden for the middle class.
    Resolving the issue permanently will be expensive and increase the federal deficit. To avoid that, Congress has been finding money every year to "patch" the AMT and exempt middle-income tax payers from its reach.
    During the campaign, both Obama and McCain said they would continue to patch the AMT so that middle-income people would not have to pay it.
    During negotiations on the bill that would become The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009, the AMT patch was added in the Senate, where the bill needed Republican support to overcome a threat of filibuster. (Three Republican senators ultimately joined Democrats in voting for the bill.)

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Hey, this one was kept, apparently:

Alternative Minimum Tax patch is in the stimulus bill

Updated: Tuesday, February 17th, 2009 | By Angie Drobnic Holan
    During the presidential campaign, Barack Obama and Republican nominee John McCain promised they would extend and index for inflation a "patch" to fix the Alternative Minimum Tax.
    Commonly called the AMT, it is a separate income tax that was intended to ensure that wealthy people did not use loopholes to avoid paying taxes. If you reach a certain minimum income level, you have to pay this tax regardless of your deductions and exemptions.
    The trouble is that the AMT, unlike the standard system, is not indexed for inflation. More and more people have hit the threshold, and when they do they end up paying higher taxes. Increasingly, the AMT is becoming a burden for the middle class.
    Resolving the issue permanently will be expensive and increase the federal deficit. To avoid that, Congress has been finding money every year to "patch" the AMT and exempt middle-income tax payers from its reach.
    During the campaign, both Obama and McCain said they would continue to patch the AMT so that middle-income people would not have to pay it.
    During negotiations on the bill that would become The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009, the AMT patch was added in the Senate, where the bill needed Republican support to overcome a threat of filibuster. (Three Republican senators ultimately joined Democrats in voting for the bill.)
    See, good thing Texas didn't take the money...
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    П(•_•)П

LOL at the word sike being used.Carry on.
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information