Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 40 of 40

Thread: Dear President Barack Obama: Stop being a celebrity, start being a leader

  1. #31
    Elite Member BITTER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    GUTTED
    Posts
    22,811

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    just seems like you're avoiding them to maintain some kind of fantasy, but ya know.. whatevers..
    If you say so....

  2. #32
    Elite Member Grimmlok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    In WhoreLand fucking your MOM
    Posts
    55,372

    Default

    I do.

    However...

    PUPPIES!

    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

  3. #33
    Elite Member Grimmlok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    In WhoreLand fucking your MOM
    Posts
    55,372

    Default

    roast puppies are so 2007
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

  4. #34
    Elite Member Fluffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    5,600

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    ^ I think with McCain we'd pretty much be in the same position as we are now.

    No health care reform, no Wall Street reform, escalation in Afghanistan, Iraq would still be going on, rendition would still be happening, Guantanamo would still be open, the Patriot Act would still be law, gays would still be denied the right to marry.......

    I don't see how this is so much better- or even different, except Obama calls himself a dem, while McCain calls himself a repub.

    And Palin would have as much impact as Biden, who is barely noticed.

    When some actual things change, then I'll say we're better off. Until then, it's all the same.
    On those issues, it'd be the same. But there are other issues where Obama has done well, particularly in some cabinet appointments like Chu in Energy and Salazar in Interior. If McCain was Prez, oil companies would have secured leases to drill near national parks in Utah such as Arches. He's done well on issues that don't get a lot of press.

  5. #35
    Elite Member witchcurlgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Acerbia
    Posts
    33,488

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy View Post
    On those issues, it'd be the same. But there are other issues where Obama has done well, particularly in some cabinet appointments like Chu in Energy and Salazar in Interior. If McCain was Prez, oil companies would have secured leases to drill near national parks in Utah such as Arches. He's done well on issues that don't get a lot of press.
    True. But Congress would have had to approve the drilling, and since it's dem controlled, it may not have happened. He's also made some disastrous appointments like Lawrence Summers and Timothy Geithner. I think that makes it sort of a wash.

    He did put another woman in SCOTUS, so i'll tip my hat there.
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone


    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.


    If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

  6. #36
    Elite Member Penny Lane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Over the hills and far away
    Posts
    21,646

    Default

    Presidential charisma is important.. no one wants a douchebag president. Unfortunately, charisma isn't the most important issue on the table. I wish he'd see that.. his supporters see him as charming, his critics do not. He needs to stop focus on trying to win them over by caving to their desires... he's turning into a sock puppet President and it's very worrisome. I hope he snaps back into reality soon.

  7. #37
    Elite Member Fluffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    5,600

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    True. But Congress would have had to approve the drilling, and since it's dem controlled, it may not have happened. He's also made some disastrous appointments like Lawrence Summers and Timothy Geithner. I think that makes it sort of a wash.

    He did put another woman in SCOTUS, so i'll tip my hat there.
    Congress would have had to approve drilling if it was in the parks, not if it was right outside it. The Bush Administration put federal land up for auction right after the election. The only reason it never went through was because a student submitted fake bids that destroyed the auction, and Salazar decided not to re-hold it and keep the federal land federal.

  8. #38
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    4,250

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    I think he's doing as good as can be expected considering the pile of dung the previous administration left him. He can't please everyone and I don't agree with him on everything, but I am willing to give him a chance. It hasn't even been a year people!!! It's not like he's been begging to get PEOPLE covers!!!! It's not him doing all of this.
    Thank you!

  9. #39
    Elite Member lurkur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    5,351

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy View Post
    Congress would have had to approve drilling if it was in the parks, not if it was right outside it. The Bush Administration put federal land up for auction right after the election. The only reason it never went through was because a student submitted fake bids that destroyed the auction, and Salazar decided not to re-hold it and keep the federal land federal.
    And we would've got'n away with it had it not been for those damn kids!

  10. #40
    Elite Member Just Kill Me's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes
    Posts
    15,550

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy View Post
    Congress would have had to approve drilling if it was in the parks, not if it was right outside it. The Bush Administration put federal land up for auction right after the election. The only reason it never went through was because a student submitted fake bids that destroyed the auction, and Salazar decided not to re-hold it and keep the federal land federal.
    Quote Originally Posted by lurkur View Post
    And we would've got'n away with it had it not been for those damn kids!
    Yeah, that kid is facing criminal charges because of what he did but still good for him taking a stand and doing something... I think. Must do a bit more research Posing as a Bidder, Utah Student Disrupts Government Auction of 150,000 Acres of Wilderness for Oil & Gas Drilling
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

    Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

    Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. President Obama and Libyan leader Moamer Khadhafi shake hands
    By celeb_2006 in forum U.S. Politics and Issues
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: July 10th, 2009, 11:13 AM
  2. Clintons FINALLY to start stumping for Barack Obama
    By buttmunch in forum U.S. Politics and Issues
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: October 13th, 2008, 09:45 PM
  3. Student GOP leader resigns over Barack Obama remark
    By celeb_2006 in forum U.S. Politics and Issues
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: September 8th, 2008, 10:52 PM
  4. Replies: 23
    Last Post: August 5th, 2008, 10:52 PM
  5. Black leader, a Clinton ally, tilts to Barack Obama
    By january in forum U.S. Politics and Issues
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: February 16th, 2008, 02:26 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •