Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: David Letterman & Sarah Palin: war of words

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Bristol has called abstinence "unrealistic". So, it would seem there is no hypocrisy coming from her.

Moreover, Bristol got pregnant with her high-school boyfriend. I haven't heard that she was someone who had earned a reputation for sleeping around.

Yet, Letterman's (second) joke, even if we were to believe it was about Bristol, was that somehow she would have unprotected sex with Alex Rodriguez, should the opportunity would arise. I think that's kind of an insult to Bristol Palin, and I don't think she has done anything to be targeted like that.
    if she thinks it's so unrealistic, why is she the new spokeswhore for candie's abstinence campaign or some such nonsense.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    if she thinks it's so unrealistic, why is she the new spokeswhore for candie's abstinence campaign or some such nonsense.
    Apparently, in February, she told CNN it wasn't realistic at all.

Now (or in May) she was part of a Candie's panel and represented the view that only abstinence works. Apparently The Candies Foundation is neutral on abstinence vs. safe sex.

Either way, she does sound like kind of a knucklehead when addressing this topic.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Bristol has called abstinence "unrealistic". So, it would seem there is no hypocrisy coming from her.

Moreover, Bristol got pregnant with her high-school boyfriend. I haven't heard that she was someone who had earned a reputation for sleeping around.

Yet, Letterman's (second) joke, even if we were to believe it was about Bristol, was that somehow she would have unprotected sex with Alex Rodriguez, should the opportunity would arise. I think that's kind of an insult to Bristol Palin, and I don't think she has done anything to be targeted like that.
    The fact remains that Bristol has chosen to become a public figure and she has to take the same heat that other public figures take. Because after the campaign there was no reason for anybody to ever hear from Bristol again. But she chose to do magazine covers & talk shows. And now that she's chosen to be the spokesperson for abstinence she's just giving people more material for jokes.

But of all the unrelated people that have been dragged into this debate the primary one that should have been brought up was Jamie-Lynn Spears. She was younger than Bristol when she got pregnant and she was ripped by EVERYBODY, including Letterman and other comedians. And some of the same conservatives who are saying 'leave Bristol alone' are the same ones that ripped Jamie-Lynn. Which is why I'll say, once again, this entire Palins vs. Letterman thing is built upon fake outrage.

The Palin-creature brought up rape twice in the interview with Lauer. Letterman never said anything about rape. She's trying to politicize the issue to the point where it's almost completely unrelated. More of her absurd lack of logic. (Yeah, I know, 14-year-old statutory rape, give me a fucking break.) She also called Letterman a liar in the interview when she talked (babbled?) about him taking two days to come up with the story that he was talking about Bristol, not Willow. I hope he sues her nasty, slutty ass.

Palin makes women PAY for rape kits. And Letterman's the one who should apologize to woman???
    "Just because I walked into a turd supermarket doesn't mean I have to buy anything." - John Oliver

Here's some of Palin's interview from the Today Show.

For a parent that's so 'irate' about Letterman's jokes, notice how she smiles when Lauer brings up the topic.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vun98wgAoLc[/youtube]

Same drivel, same buffoon, different situation. Yawn.

Earlier in the interview she dismissed an Alaskan legislator (a Repug co-chair of some energy committee or something like that) as not agreeing with her selling Alaska to Exxon only because elections are coming up. She just finished insulting someone, so she was all smiles.

Palin definitely has a point- let's not disparage flight attendants by comparing them to her.

^ Agree. That's the first thing I've ever agreed with her on. Flight attendants have much more class - First Class, I believe.

Keith Olbermann speaks the truth, I can't put it into words any better:
    Countdown with Keith OlbermannCountdown with Keith Olbermann

Wish I had a YouTube vid to embed but I don't. Watch it- its worth it.

Delusional Lunatic!!! I love Keith!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Quote Originally Posted by *DIVA! View Post
    Delusional Lunatic!!! I love Keith!
    I think my favorite quote from that:
    'What about the self-esteem of young girls who are trotted out onto the political stage by a mother who treats them like props? When does somebody tell mothers or fathers that THAT is not acceptable? When does someone tell self-obsessed egomaniacal politicians that it is not acceptable to imply 'intent to break the law' by issuing statements about how, quote, "It would be wise keep Willow away from David Letterman."

"The Governor of Alaska is a delusional lunatic. 14-yr old Willow Palin, having only entered into the political discourse this week BECAUSE of her parents, having put her there. They'd like her declared off-limits, thanks- NOW."

Lets ask the Edwards family about that. The difference being, the Obama girls also did not travel with their father on the campaign trail. They staid behind to attend school in Chicago. And when NBC News spent an entire day at the White House, its request to interview or film the girls was politely declined. When you want your children declared off-limits, the way to start that is to start it yoursef."

Quote Originally Posted by Cali View Post
    I think my favorite quote from that:
    'What about the self-esteem of young girls who are trotted out onto the political stage by a mother who treats them like props? When does somebody tell mothers or fathers that THAT is not acceptable? When does someone tell self-obsessed egomaniacal politicians that it is not acceptable to imply 'intent to break the law' by issuing statements about how, quote, "It would be wise keep Willow away from David Letterman."

"The Governor of Alaska is a delusional lunatic. 14-yr old Willow Palin, having only entered into the political discourse this week BECAUSE of her parents, having put her there. They'd like her declared off-limits, thanks- NOW."

Lets ask the Edwards family about that. The difference being, the Obama girls also did not travel with their father on the campaign trail. They staid behind to attend school in Chicago. And when NBC News spent an entire day at the White House, its request to interview or film the girls was politely declined. When you want your children declared off-limits, the way to start that is to start it yourself."
    That was my favorite part...but I couldn't remember it to quote. Most people who brought up the Obama girls seem to forget that it was very seldom that we saw them on the campaign trail, and majority of the time it was a family events, and the festival where they allowed them to be apart of an interview, but later regretted it.
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

I can understand her anger. Letterman was out of line and she needed to take a stand on that. But I think she's taken it too far and is politicizing it.

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread Information