Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: David Letterman & Sarah Palin: war of words

Quote Originally Posted by mama mia View Post
    Again..... I'm going to point out if this was Obama's kids there would be outrage unending!
    When Don Imus ran his mouth and said hateful things about the basketball players he was fired. Most of the stuff he did was unscripted off the collar kind of stuff. It doesn't make it right. But,
    Letterman's monologues are scripted. At the very least he should apologize in a sincere manner and not stand by his tacky rude non apology. He's become so liberal and angry, like many far left liberals.
    Why is it ok for some to say rude spiteful things about certain people (mostly conservatives) and not for others??? Imagine if Al Sharpton's kids were the ones attacked by Letterman? This double standard is sickening. We all have come to know who can be attacked and who can't!
    Don Imus called a basketball team Nappy Headed Hos. David Letterman talked about a family of hypocrites who whores out their kids every chance they get. Fake outrage..
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Imus is a racist who got fired because he made racist comments about the Rutgers women's basketball team. And the fact that you're actually trying to compare the Imus situation with Letterman is ridiculous. And how the hell did Al Sharpton become a part of this issue?

But you're just proving what I said about how Palin and the conservatives are trying to turn this entire thing into an attack on liberals with all of this fake outrage.[/quote]

I brought up Al Sharpton because if anyone talked about his kids like that he would be on every single media program that would have him on to express his outrage. He came to my mind because he speaks out when he feels someone has been wronged.
    I could go on and on and give details and incidents about liberals getting away with raunchy statements. It will be of no use here.
    Imus got fired and he deserved it.
    mama mia*
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails. - William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by mama mia View Post
    I brought up Al Sharpton because if anyone talked about his kids like that he would be on every single media program that would have him on to express his outrage. He came to my mind because he speaks out when he feels someone has been wronged.
    I could go on and on and give details and incidents about liberals getting away with raunchy statements. It will be of no use here.
    Imus got fired and he deserved it.
    I agree that if somebody talked about Sharpton's kids he'd be bitching about it to anyone that listened just to get some media airtime. Just like the Palins are doing. But, at some point, it would cross over into fake outrage with Sharpton just like it has with the Palins.

And what about the statements Rush Limbaugh gets away with on a daily basis? There are morons on both the left and the right who get away with crazy statements. But rather than Palin and the conservatives just letting this issue fade away, they want to turn it into an attack on ALL conservatives. Which is why I said that Willow is being used as a political pawn by all of the people claiming to care about her well-being.

Quote Originally Posted by *DIVA! View Post
    Don Imus called a basketball team Nappy Headed Hos. David Letterman talked about a family of hypocrites who whores out their kids every chance they get. Fake outrage..
    The basis of the joke wasn't that they whore out their kids.

But maybe if they didn't...and wasn't such hypocrytes??
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Once again, the Obamas didn't have a knocked up teenager.

^ You're right. They do not.

However, Obama's mother was a knocked up teenager, so I guess sexual jokes about her would be ok. I personally would find that distasteful.

I'm certainly not outraged over this, but I think, and always will, that the children of politicians should be left alone. They have no choice of parents, or a choice in whether or not their parents choose to drag them around.

I think of what the kid must feel- not just this kid, but any kid in the situation, and I'm sure it hurts.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Once again.. this is all somehow Obama's fault. Damn him for not having a knocked up teenage daughter.

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post

However, Obama's mother was a knocked up teenager, so I guess sexual jokes about her would be ok. I personally would find that distasteful.

I'm certainly not outraged over this, but I think, and always will, that the children of politicians should be left alone. They have no choice of parents, or a choice in whether or not their parents choose to drag them around.

I think of what the kid must feel- not just this kid, but any kid in the situation, and I'm sure it hurts.
    When they start giving interviews, on their views and how think people should live..then...oh well. Her, and her kids were on every freaking show on fox.. Magazines also pay for those covers!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

Obama's mother was in college when she got pregnant and married, unlike Bristol. And Sarah Palin was knocked up and attending one of her 5 or 6 colleges when she got married, too.

And how did Obama's mother, Don Imus and Al Sharpton get dragged into this debate?

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    Obama's mother was in college when she got pregnant and married, and the same goes for Sarah Palin.

And how did Obama's mother, Don Imus and Al Sharpton get dragged into this debate?

I have no idea about Imus and Sharpton.

My point was if the fact that if a teen getting pregnant makes it ok to make sexual jokes about her, then all teens who get pregnant out of wedlock are fair game (which I don't actually think).

Again, kids don't pick their parents, and I don't think it's cool to pick on the kids- and I know you don't either. I read your posts.

I don't have any issues with picking on the parents who have chosen to be public figures.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

I have no idea about Imus and Sharpton.

My point was if the fact that if a teen getting pregnant makes it ok to make sexual jokes about her, then all teens who get pregnant out of wedlock are fair game (which I don't actually think).

Again, kids don't pick their parents, and I don't think it's cool to pick on the kids- and I know you don't either. I read your posts.

I don't have any issues with picking on the parents who have chosen to be public figures.
    While I agree that politicians' underage kids shouldn't be targeted for jokes, the adult kids become fair play once they choose to put themselves into the same media spotlight with their parents.

And Bristol's pregnancy became the subject of jokes because her mother runs around preaching about abstinence, and then paraded her pregnant unwed teenage daughter around on the campaign trail. If Palin didn't want her pregnant daughter to be in the glare of the media spotlight she could've just left her at home in Alaska during the campaign, instead of parading her around every chance she got.

It would be like Obama preaching about abstinence and then having one of his teenage daughters get knocked up. You can't preach about how abstinence works when it's not even working in your own family, because that's just a recipe for jokes and ridicule.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    While I agree that politicians' underage kids shouldn't be targeted for jokes, the adult kids become fair play once they choose to put themselves into the same media spotlight with their parents.

And Bristol's pregnancy became the subject of jokes because her mother runs around preaching about abstinence, and then paraded her pregnant unwed teenage daughter around on the campaign trail. If Palin didn't want her pregnant daughter to be in the glare of the media spotlight she could've just left her at home in Alaska during the campaign, instead of parading her around every chance she got.

It would be like Obama preaching about abstinence and then having one of his teenage daughters get knocked up. You can't preach about how abstinence works when it's not even working in your own family, because that's just a recipe for jokes and ridicule.
    Bristol has called abstinence "unrealistic". So, it would seem there is no hypocrisy coming from her.

Moreover, Bristol got pregnant with her high-school boyfriend. I haven't heard that she was someone who had earned a reputation for sleeping around.

Yet, Letterman's (second) joke, even if we were to believe it was about Bristol, was that somehow she would have unprotected sex with Alex Rodriguez, should the opportunity would arise. I think that's kind of an insult to Bristol Palin, and I don't think she has done anything to be targeted like that.

Sarah Palin = Professional Victim.

"Why'z everybody always pickin' on me?"

Just.

Shut.

Up.

If that was my little sister or something, I'd be pissed. Honestly I don't think Letterman's apology was genuine and his team should have done research (as to who was at the game) before making the jokes. Some of his jokes as of late just haven't been funny, he's getting kind of washed up. I found all his cracks at Hillary Clinton during the primaries to be in particularly bad taste also... I mean the pantsuit thing is really old. The Spitzer jokes are also old.

It shouldn't matter whose daughter it is, the joke was in bad taste.

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread Information