Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: David Letterman & Sarah Palin: war of words

Havent heard A Rod say a word about this. Im glad for it. Its getting ridiculous
    My grace is sufficient for you, for my my strength is made perfect in weakness...I love you dad!
    Rip Mom

Today, NOW spoke out against this. They put Letterman in their 'Media Hall of Shame'.

There also was an interesting piece on Huffpo titled 'Sexism Against Conservative Women is Still Sexism'
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

People have taken this way too far!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Ann Coulter had the balls to say that nobody ever went after Chelsea Clinton. That's one crazy dude.

These cons didn't give a hoot about the sexism Hillary endured. Hell they were mostly the ones behind them.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    Ann Coulter had the balls to say that nobody ever went after Chelsea Clinton. That's one crazy dude.

Where the fuck was he during the entirety of the 90s??

Win McNamee/Getty Images; James Devaney/WireImage.com

CelebNews@Usmagazine.com! - Sarah Palin: Letterman Owes Apology "to Young Women Across the Country"
    ShareThis

Sarah Palin lashed out at David Letterman on Friday's Today show, claiming that he owes an apology to "young women across the country" for making a lewd joke about her daughter.
    "He doesn't have to apologize to me," she said. "I would like to see him to apologize to young women across the country for contributing to that thread throughout our culture that makes it seem OK to talk about [statutory rape]."

On his show earlier this week, Letterman joked that Palin's daughter got "knocked up" by Alex Rodriguez during their recent trip to New York's Yankee Stadium. He later clarified that the crack was aimed at Palin's 18-year-old daughter Bristol, even though it was her 14-year-old daughter, Willow, who had been at the ball game.

Despite Letterman's clarification, Palin wasn't happy, calling it "a degrading comment about a young woman."
    "And I would hope that people would start really rising up and not accepting this," she added. "It's no wonder girls have such low self-esteem in America when a comedian can make a remark like this."

On his show Thursday, Letterman kept the Palin jokes alive.
    He told the audience that "everything's fine now" between him and Palin, then adding that the Alaska Gov. called and invited him to go hunting.
    "I'm Dave Letterman," he said, "making friends wherever I go."

News - Sarah Palin: Letterman Owes Apology "to Young Women Across the Country" | Usmagazine.com

eat a hot bowl of dicks.

Quote Originally Posted by mrs.v View Post
    agreed ...

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    it was a JOKE. he said it, it didn't really happen. there is a difference between joking about something, and the actual thing itself. it was a crack at a-rod and the palin family history of teen pregnancy. i still don't see why people are getting their panties in a twist over what is, at worst, a tasteless joke.
    i don't know how people can blow something like this out of proportion so much and start crying 'rape!'. sheesh.

also, as kingcap pointed out, he was obviously thinking about bristol because, come on, they look alike and you see a palin teenage daughter and of course everyone's mind goes directly to bristol and teen pregnancy.
    I'm expressing my opinion that even though it is a joke, it is a f*cked up joke, in light of who was at the game. Maybe I am being sensitive because I have two little kids, and if Letterman had told a joke like that about one of mine, the gap between his teeth would be about 4 inches wider.

Nobody knows really who Letterman was "thinking" of when he told both jokes, because he didn't specify at the time. Now, he is claiming he didn't know, but, let's face it, he is saying that in reaction to a lot of negative commentary about the joke. Letterman has about 7 writers who put his material together, and we are supposed to believe that when they were kicking around this monologue that none of them knew that the Palins were at the baseball with their 14-year-old daughter.

Quote Originally Posted by NicoleWasHere View Post
    Where the fuck was he during the entirety of the 90s??
    Getting hormone treatments.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Nobody knows really who Letterman was "thinking" of when he told both jokes, because he didn't specify at the time. Now, he is claiming he didn't know, but, let's face it, he is saying that in reaction to a lot of negative commentary about the joke. Letterman has about 7 writers who put his material together, and we are supposed to believe that when they were kicking around this monologue that none of them knew that the Palins were at the baseball with their 14-year-old daughter.
    Its not hard to believe at all. Do a Google search and try to find photos of the Palin's at the game. All you'll find are photos of Sarah and a few of Todd. Its hard to verify who was actually at the game. And if you did find a photo, the two girls are still REALLY hard to tell apart:

Beyond that, it is reasonable to assume he was joking about Bristol. When I watched the joke, it didn't even cross my mind that he was talking about anyone but Bristol.

I caught some of the Today Show thsi morning and Palintard kept talking over Matt Lauer and interrupting him. I am so glad this woman didn't win the election. Her voice gets on my last fucking nerve.
    She kept bringing up statutory rape. Um, where in Letterman's joke did he say the R word cause I don't recall it.

GO AWAAAAY, Sarah!

Quote Originally Posted by Cali View Post
    Its not hard to believe at all. Do a Google search and try to find photos of the Palin's at the game. All you'll find are photos of Sarah and a few of Todd. Its hard to verify who was actually at the game. And if you did find a photo, the two girls are still REALLY hard to tell apart:

Beyond that, it is reasonable to assume he was joking about Bristol. When I watched the joke, it didn't even cross my mind that he was talking about anyone but Bristol.
    Since Letterman and his guys are regular NY Times/Daily News/Post readers (and quote material from them frequently), it seems also likely that they would have seen a story and captioned photo describing which daughter was visiting NY with the Palins. And out of caution that they weren't making jokes about a 14-year-old, it might have been a good idea in retrospect to get that straight.

apologise on behalf of all young women in america? you've got to be fucking kidding me! if anyone anywhere owes women an apology it's palintard, for her reactionary, anti-women beliefs.
    what was at worst a crude joke that will be forgotten as soon as palin stops flapping her gums about it is nowhere near as damaging as the politics espoused by caribou barbie. give me a fucking break.

and honestly, even if he was talking about the 14 year-old, i still don't get what the big deal is. it was a tasteless joke, not to be mistaken with a-rod actually fucking a 14 year-old. there is a difference.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Elite Member

This has gotten so incredibly out of hand. It was tasteless, but so many jokes are. This is not an affront to all 14 year olds. Move on please.

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread Information