Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: David Letterman & Sarah Palin: war of words

people need to get a ife, and pull that huge stick out of their ass while they're at it.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy View Post
    Are there any pictures of Willow at the Yankees game? I've seen it mentioned in other places that Willow was actually not at the Yankees game. It was just Sarah & Todd with Rudy Giuliani and his wife. I know Willow was seen wearing daisy dukes at the autism function, but I haven't seen a picture of her at the baseball game. Yet.
    Olbermann showed video of Willow at the game. She was sitting between Palin and Gulliani, but she was wearing shades and looked like Bristol.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    people need to get a ife, and pull that huge stick out of their ass while they're at it.
    Ironically, Letterman's got at least as big a stick in his ass as Palin. I remember when he finally got Cher on the show, and she told him that she "always thought of him as kind of an a-hole" and he said later on (after the appearance) that he was really hurt by her comment.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    Olbermann showed video of Willow at the game. She was sitting between Palin and Gulliani, but she was wearing shades and looked like Bristol.
    Except that's Giuliani's wife! That's not Willow sitting in between Rudy and SP.

Elite Member

Default re

Quote Originally Posted by *DIVA! View Post
    OMFG, this is taking it to a ridiculous extreme. Cheesus christ!

Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Top 10 Reasons Sarah Palin’s Outrage is Misplaced and A Little Late…

10) Last September, a skit on Saturday Night Live suggested incest in the Palin family. “What about the husband?” asked a mock Times reporter. “You know he’s doing those daughters. I mean, come on. It’s Alaska!” No outrage. Sarah Palin appeared on the show one month later in late October.

9) Days after the announcement of Bristol’s pregnancy, Conan O’Brien joked, “It’s true, John McCain’s running mate, Alaska Governor Sarah Palin, has revealed that her 17-year-old daughter is pregnant. Palin said, ‘We should never have introduced her to John Edwards.’” Where was the outrage? Was Conan promoting infidelity with an underage girl?

8 ) From two different Tonight Shows: “Governor Palin announced over the weekend that her 17-year-old unmarried daughter is five months pregnant. Oh, boy, you thought John Edwards was in trouble before, now he’s really done it!” AND…“All the Republicans are heaping praise on Governor Palin. Fred Thompson said, as an actor, he could see them making a movie about Sarah Palin and her family. Didn’t they already make that movie? I think it was called ‘Knocked Up!’”–Jay Leno

7) Craig Ferguson’s skit of “Larry King vs Levi Johnston” asks about “kinky sex” with the drapes open. Craig Ferguson’s honorary Alaska citizenship, granted by Governor Palin wasn’t rescinded.

6) “According to expense reports, Sarah Palin charged the state of Alaska over $21,000 for her children to travel with her on official business. In fairness to Gov. Palin, when she leaves them home alone they get pregnant.” –Seth Meyers (SNL) Sarah Palin was in a sketch with Seth a week earlier.

5) On October 8, 2008, Sarah Palin walked out on the ice with 6 year old Piper and 13 year old Willow, before the game, Conan O’Brien said, “Saturday night, Sarah Palin is going to drop the first puck at the Philadelphia Flyers’ hockey game. Then Palin will spend the rest of the game trying to keep the hockey players out of her daughter’s penalty box.”
    Oh, yes he did. You get the outrage…but not a peep then. According to the new “logic”, O’Brien was advocating for some really sick stuff.

4) Rush Limbaugh: “Everyone knows the Clintons have a cat. Socks is the White House cat. But did you know there is a White House dog?” And he puts up a picture of Chelsea Clinton. At the time, Chelsea Clinton was 13 years old. Rush also said, “In last year’s campaign, the most prominent, articulate voice for standard run-of-the-mill good old-fashioned American conservatism was Sarah Palin.” Calling a young teenager a “dog” can’t be helpful to her “self-esteem.” Where is the apology from the leader of the GOP?

3) “Why is Chelsea Clinton so ugly? Because her father is Janet Reno.”–John McCain, Sarah Palin’s running mate. Should McCain apologize to every young woman in America?

2) Palin’s friend, political defender and informer of the David Letterman comments, John Zieglerwas fired from his radio show for using the “n word” online and on air in 1997. In 2000, he was fired for spelling the n-word on the air. How much does that word affect the psychological health of America’s youth, regardless of their race? Now he is pimping his film about how mean the “liberal media” was to Palin.

AND…The NUMBER 1 Reason Sarah Palin’s Outrage is Misplaced and A Little Late…

1) The “candidate who must be obeyed” was talking about Palin’s family when he said, “kids are off limits.” Jake Tapper of ABC News interviewed then Candidate Obama, and asked, “Governor Palin and her husband issued a statement today saying their 17-year-old daughter Bristol, who is unmarried, is five months pregnant. Do you have any reaction?”

OBAMA: “I have said before and I will repeat again, I think people’s families are off-limits. And people’s children are especially off-limits. This shouldn’t be part of our politics. It has no relevance to Governor Palin’s performance as a governor or her potential performance as a vice president. And so I would strongly urge people to back off these kinds of stories. You know, my mother had me when she was 18. And, you know, how family deals with issues and — and, you know, teenaged children, that shouldn’t be the topic of — of our politics.”

The Palin children have been fodder for comedians since they were brought to the national stage. Incest isn’t funny. Ugly kid jokes aren’t funny. Many of the things said about public figures are just flat wrong. Being “knocked up” isn’t much fun. Racist comments hurt all of us. I exhausted the top 10 list before I ran out of outrageous instances ignored by the Palins.

I understand being defensive. I just wonder what took so long. Why now?
    Top 10 Reasons Sarah Palin’s “Outrage” is Misplaced and A Little Late… « SHANNYN MOORE: JUST A GIRL FROM HOMER

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Ironically, Letterman's got at least as big a stick in his ass as Palin. I remember when he finally got Cher on the show, and she told him that she "always thought of him as kind of an a-hole" and he said later on (after the appearance) that he was really hurt by her comment.
    how is that the same? he admitted to being hurt by a comment. he didn't make the rounds and call cher a terrorist and ask her to apologise to all men and invoke the culture wars and not shut up about it for weeks on end, did he?
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

dreaming about being on a lake in Ontario

I wish this could be repeated by FOX and all the mainstream media. Perfect.
    If I can't be a good example, then let me be a horrible warning.

Quote Originally Posted by *DIVA! View Post
    LOL! Like thats going to happen.

When was the last time a serious politician went out of their way to attend to a lame joke by a late night host comedian? She's a fucking governor. You're supposed to be bigger than that.

how is that the same? he admitted to being hurt by a comment. he didn't make the rounds and call cher a terrorist and ask her to apologise to all men and invoke the culture wars and not shut up about it for weeks on end, did he?
    Well, it would be kind of unmanly for Letterman to have told all those jokes about celebrities, and especially Cher, and then go around and have a public roadshow pity party for himself after she called him an a-hole.

And the other issue was that Palin was not complaining about herself being the target, but rather her daughter being the target.

So, in actuality, Letterman was an even bigger pansy than Palin.

Top 10 Reasons Sarah Palin’s “Outrage” is Misplaced and A Little Late… « SHANNYN MOORE: JUST A GIRL FROM HOMER

4) Rush Limbaugh: “Everyone knows the Clintons have a cat. Socks is the White House cat. But did you know there is a White House dog?” And he puts up a picture of Chelsea Clinton. At the time, Chelsea Clinton was 13 years old. Rush also said, “In last year’s campaign, the most prominent, articulate voice for standard run-of-the-mill good old-fashioned American conservatism was Sarah Palin.” Calling a young teenager a “dog” can’t be helpful to her “self-esteem.” Where is the apology from the leader of the GOP?

3) “Why is Chelsea Clinton so ugly? Because her father is Janet Reno.”–John McCain, Sarah Palin’s running mate. Should McCain apologize to every young woman in America?
    #4 (the Limbaugh story) never happened. But #3 (McCain story) did.

Except that's Giuliani's wife! That's not Willow sitting in between Rudy and SP.
    Holy shit. That is Gulliani's wife. In the quick video that Olbermann showed you would think it was Willow.

So why the hell was the media saying that was Willow? Hmm, maybe Willow wasn't there after all. Which makes Palin an even bigger liar.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Well, it would be kind of unmanly for Letterman to have told all those jokes about celebrities, and especially Cher, and then go around and have a public roadshow pity party for himself after she called him an a-hole.

And the other issue was that Palin was not complaining about herself being the target, but rather her daughter being the target.

So, in actuality, Letterman was an even bigger pansy than Palin.
    did he call anyone an asshole? did he say cher should burn in hell? he admitted a comment hurt and left it at that. i don't see how that makes him a bigger pansy. i don't even particularly like letterman (almost never watch his show) but i really don't see how commenting on someone's opinion of him even comes close to the idiocy of palin's reaction.

did he call anyone an asshole? did he say cher should burn in hell? he admitted a comment hurt and left it at that. i don't see how that makes him a bigger pansy. i don't even particularly like letterman (almost never watch his show) but i really don't see how commenting on someone's opinion of him even comes close to the idiocy of palin's reaction.
    Over the years, Letterman has done things like repeatedly call a baseball pitcher a "big tub of goo", and has used various other insults at other celebrities.

So, when Letterman gets it back from a celebrity who he has repeatedly made the butt of his jokes (Cher, Madonna et. al.), he shouldn't be surprised (Cher thinking he's an a-hole; Madonna calling him a "sick f*ck") .

I don't see Palin's immediate reaction as idiocy.

1. If a politician is touring New York with their 14-year-old daughter and not watching Letterman's show, and an interviewer says, "What do you think about Letterman's joke about your daughter getting knocked up in the 7th inning?" I think the politician would be pissed and think that Letterman made a joke about the statutory rape of their daughter. And the politician's comments during the interview would probably reflect that.

2. After Letterman's clarification, you can say that the joke about statutory rape is off the table, but you are still left with the fact that Letterman has clarified that his sexual jokes two nights in a row (and a comment about her looking like a slutty flight attendant) were not in fact aimed at your 14 year old but at your 18 year old. A lot of people would probably still be pissed about that and might want to keep the heat on Letterman for revenge. Which is possibly what she's doing.

Letterman has unwittingly gone over the line with his material and made himself the target of righteous anger from Palin, while also getting himself a huge amount of publicity for his show during a key ratings period.

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread Information