Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: David Letterman & Sarah Palin: war of words

Peggy Noonan (former Bush speech writer) thinks Palin should get a grip:

Morning Joe

Palin missed her chance to take the high road. Her spokeswoman inferred that Dave is a pedophile and she just went right along with it.
    Lauer: (reading) “The Palin’s have no intention of providing a ratings boost for David Letterman by appearing on his show. Plus, it would be wise to keep Willow away from David Letterman.” I’d like you to explain what that meant. Are you suggesting that David Letterman can’t be trusted around a 14-year old girl?

Palin: Hey, take it however you want to take it…
    Such class...

She's incapable of taking the high road because she's a poor strategist. She just spews out what she thinks at the moment and has to try to win every point. That's why she'd make a TERRIBLE diplomat. She's a fool if she thinks this petty crap is going to win anyone over. She's going to keep the ignorant, short-sighted fantards she has now, but continue to scare away anyone who knows how international (or national (or high school, for that matter)) diplomacy actually works.

I do believe it's her goal to start the End of Days (she stated that she believed it would happen in her lifetime), so she probably just wants to push that red button to get things going.

It's also amazing how she smeared Obama in that interview with a sneer on her ugly face, actually twisting his words and lying in the process. She still thinks it's the election.

Palin is a walking fucking contradiction. She's essentially angry at Letterman for overexposing her daughter with sexual undertones.... yet, she's the one that keeps beating the damn horse, bringing up words like "rape" and "pedophile".. Basically, Palin's causing a lot more damage to Willow by using this as a talking point/way to keep her name in the papers than if she had just said "That joke was inappropriate" and moved on.

I can only say it simply.She's a vapid,vile shit.
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

Quote Originally Posted by Cali View Post
    I think my favorite quote from that:
    'What about the self-esteem of young girls who are trotted out onto the political stage by a mother who treats them like props? When does somebody tell mothers or fathers that THAT is not acceptable? When does someone tell self-obsessed egomaniacal politicians that it is not acceptable to imply 'intent to break the law' by issuing statements about how, quote, "It would be wise keep Willow away from David Letterman."

"The Governor of Alaska is a delusional lunatic. 14-yr old Willow Palin, having only entered into the political discourse this week BECAUSE of her parents, having put her there. They'd like her declared off-limits, thanks- NOW."

Lets ask the Edwards family about that. The difference being, the Obama girls also did not travel with their father on the campaign trail. They staid behind to attend school in Chicago. And when NBC News spent an entire day at the White House, its request to interview or film the girls was politely declined. When you want your children declared off-limits, the way to start that is to start it yoursef."
    I almost applauded yesterday when Olbermann said that. Too bad Palin wasn't there so he could've said it to her face.
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoAmI View Post
    She's incapable of taking the high road because she's a poor strategist. She just spews out what she thinks at the moment and has to try to win every point. That's why she'd make a TERRIBLE diplomat. She's a fool if she thinks this petty crap is going to win anyone over. She's going to keep the ignorant, short-sighted fantards she has now, but continue to scare away anyone who knows how international (or national (or high school, for that matter)) diplomacy actually works.

I do believe it's her goal to start the End of Days (she stated that she believed it would happen in her lifetime), so she probably just wants to push that red button to get things going.

It's also amazing how she smeared Obama in that interview with a sneer on her ugly face, actually twisting his words and lying in the process. She still thinks it's the election.
    I caught that, too. Especially when she said 'the candidate that must be obeyed,' completely ignoring the fact that Obama said that her family should be off-limits too and that he would fire anybody in his campaign that went after her family.

Palin is a walking fucking contradiction. She's essentially angry at Letterman for overexposing her daughter with sexual undertones.... yet, she's the one that keeps beating the damn horse, bringing up words like "rape" and "pedophile".. Basically, Palin's causing a lot more damage to Willow by using this as a talking point/way to keep her name in the papers than if she had just said "That joke was inappropriate" and moved on.
    Totally agree.

Bronze Member

What a fucking non-issue!

Do people not watch the late-night talk shows and hear all of the other jokes being passed around daily? I've heard way more offensive things - making fun of homeless people, the disabled, etc. ... but of course, these people are not given a platform to speak back.

This is just a pathetic attempt on behalf of that incorherent fucktard Palin to remain relevant.

I can't believe anyone is taking any of this seriously... and that the media doesn't have more important fucking things to cover!

Frankly, I don't think Letterman owes anyone an apology ... or else he and Conan and Craig and Fallon and Kimmell and Stewart and Colbert are going to have to issue apologies for everything they say!

Why oh why hasn't a bear got to that woman yet?

She's now turned two of her daughters into jokes that will dog them for the rest of their lives:

Bristol = Preggo girl
    Willow = raped by pedophile girl

Any votes for the youngest (whatever the fuck her name is--Pooper?)?

^^ except Willow didn't do anything to warrant the tasteless joke. Her mother (again jmo) didn't create that joke ,Letterman did in this case. Bristol,although still shouldn't have been the brunt of the joke did get pregnant.

I personally think that although it is not uncommon to make political or celeb figures kids targets for jokes they are not the main public figure but their parents are so they should not be targets of jokes or even brought into the picture at all imo.
    YOU CAN'T ALWAYS GET WHAT YOU WANT
    (M. Jagger/K. Richards)

^^^ It's been acknowledged that it's a tasteless joke for the most part. Although, IMO, it's a friggin' joke.. he's a late night show host.. I think he's made tasteless jokes before. What's ridiculous is that Palin has dragged it out and made a mountain out of a molehill. She's throwing words like 'pedophile' and 'rape' around like 'you betchas'.

Quote Originally Posted by viggofan View Post
    ^^ except Willow didn't do anything to warrant the tasteless joke. Her mother (again jmo) didn't create that joke ,Letterman did in this case. Bristol,although still shouldn't have been the brunt of the joke did get pregnant.

I personally think that although it is not uncommon to make political or celeb figures kids targets for jokes they are not the main public figure but their parents are so they should not be targets of jokes or even brought into the picture at all imo.
    But Letterman didn't intend for the joke to be about Willow. He didn't even mention her by name. He thought it was Bristol since she's the Palin daughter known for being knocked up. And once he found out that it was Willow he apologized, and that should've been the end of it.

Palin's doing more damage than Letterman's joke by constantly connecting her daughter's name to rape and pedophlia. Maybe if she wasn't blinded by her own political ambition she'd figure that out.

oops King you posted too soon LOL that was for the post above me. ^^ I agree that the incident should be over with. Won't get an arguement out of me about that. I was simply responding to Who Am I's post about now Willow has a joke attached to her thanks to Palin. It was not Palin re:Willow but Letterman that's all I am saying.

Letterman is absolutely famous for his tasteless humor. I personally don't like him over the other late night hosts but it has nothing to do with his humor but his pompous attitude ( but that is just a side note )
    (M. Jagger/K. Richards)

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    But Letterman didn't intend for the joke to be about Willow. He didn't even mention her by name. He thought it was Bristol since she's the Palin daughter known for being knocked up. And once he found out that it was Willow he apologized, and that should've been the end of it.

Palin's doing more damage than Letterman's joke by constantly connecting her daughter's name to rape and pedophlia. Maybe if she wasn't blinded by her own political ambition she'd figure that out.
    Again at this point I am ita agreement with you.

side note: How are ya?
    (M. Jagger/K. Richards)

Quote Originally Posted by viggofan View Post
    Letterman is absolutely famous for his tasteless humor.
    He is? I wasn't aware of that- what other incidents has he been involved in? I've watched his show for years and I've always thought his brand of humor to be classy for the most part free of cheapshots.

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread Information