View Poll Results: Is President Trump

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • a) the greatest president in the history of the US, folks!

3 8.82%
  • b) definitely in the top 45

31 91.18%
Page 9 of 436 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast
Like Tree14465Likes

Thread: Cult 45 The politics catch-all thread

This orange clown showed the world how incompetent he really is today.

Statement by John McCain:
    Washington, D.C. – U.S. Senator John McCain (R-AZ), Chairman of the Senate Armed Services Committee, released the following statement today on President Trump’s meeting and press conference with Vladimir Putin in Helsinki:

“Today’s press conference in Helsinki was one of the most disgraceful performances by an American president in memory. The damage inflicted by President Trump’s naiveté, egotism, false equivalence, and sympathy for autocrats is difficult to calculate. But it is clear that the summit in Helsinki was a tragic mistake.

“President Trump proved not only unable, but unwilling to stand up to Putin. He and Putin seemed to be speaking from the same script as the president made a conscious choice to defend a tyrant against the fair questions of a free press, and to grant Putin an uncontested platform to spew propaganda and lies to the world.

“It is tempting to describe the press conference as a pathetic rout – as an illustration of the perils of under-preparation and inexperience. But these were not the errant tweets of a novice politician. These were the deliberate choices of a president who seems determined to realize his delusions of a warm relationship with Putin’s regime without any regard for the true nature of his rule, his violent disregard for the sovereignty of his neighbors, his complicity in the slaughter of the Syrian people, his violation of international treaties, and his assault on democratic institutions throughout the world.

“Coming close on the heels of President Trump’s bombastic and erratic conduct towards our closest friends and allies in Brussels and Britain, today’s press conference marks a recent low point in the history of the American Presidency. That the president was attended in Helsinki by a team of competent and patriotic advisors makes his blunders and capitulations all the more painful and inexplicable.

“No prior president has ever abased himself more abjectly before a tyrant. Not only did President Trump fail to speak the truth about an adversary; but speaking for America to the world, our president failed to defend all that makes us who we are—a republic of free people dedicated to the cause of liberty at home and abroad. American presidents must be the champions of that cause if it is to succeed. Americans are waiting and hoping for President Trump to embrace that sacred responsibility. One can only hope they are not waiting totally in vain.”
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

I listened to the press conference live this morning. I literally have NO words.
    Until the end of time. I'll be there for you. You own my heart and mind. I truly adore you
    -Prince Rogers Nelson

Quote Originally Posted by ShimmeringGlow View Post
    This orange clown showed the world how incompetent he really is today.

Didn't we already know that?
    C_is_for_Cookie likes this.
    Fluctuat nec mergitur
    Paris, Nov 13th

Maria Butina, a Russian, and NRA gun advocate who once bragged about being involved in comms between the Trump campaign and Russia, has been charged with being an unregistered foreign agent and is being held until her hearing on Wednesday

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/russian-national-charged-conspiracy-act-agent-russian-federation-within-united-states

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

I can't get over the fact that Putin pulled an "OJ wants to find the real killer" on Trump and Trump ENTHUSIASTICALLY PRAISED THE SUGGESTION https://t.co/BGRBa61I6S

Full document

More Ted Lieu:

July 16, 2018 Press Release

WASHINGTON - Today, Congressman Ted W. Lieu (D-Los Angeles County) issued the following statement after President Trump met with Russian President Vladimir Putin in Finland.

"What Trump did today was utterly shameful, and a slap in the face to the professionals in the Department of Justice and our intelligence community. Today we watched a U.S. President offer total deference to a hostile foreign power while attacking U.S. institutions. By refusing to admit that Russia attacked our Democracy, or that Russia did anything wrong whatsoever, Trump is disturbingly regurgitating the Kremlin's talking points.

Having served on active duty, I feel nauseous thinking about Trump's statements. Despite how desensitized we’ve become to Trump’s remarkably un-presidential actions, today should stand out as obscene. What happens next will determine whether we allow our President to cede American ideals and authority to a foreign power. We’re now at a crossroads where we have to decide whether we’re willing to let blind partisan loyalty to Trump lead to the debasing of our country. After this appalling display, will the Republicans finally stand up for America?”
    Another document

***** celeb

I can understand to some extent “Party over Country” but “Pee-tape over Country?”

Fox News is even on melt-down mode. Wonder what the “mood” will be on Air Force One on the ride home?
    Until the end of time. I'll be there for you. You own my heart and mind. I truly adore you
    -Prince Rogers Nelson

***** celeb

John Kerry: "I’ve been involved in public life for six decades. I have never seen an American president do or say anything remotely like what President Trump did today. No one else has, either, and everyone knows it. It is more than unfortunate; it is indefensible."

From James Comey...

This was the day an American president stood on foreign soil next to a murderous lying thug and refused to back his own country. Patriots need to stand up and reject the behavior of this president.
    fgg and redcat like this.

The next 24 hours worth of Tweets should be very interesting. Obviously, even conservative commentators could not follow him down this particular rabbit hole. Even Dan Coats is publicly standing up to him. So, what would be in order is some damage control. But he is incapable of apologizing. I'm imagining that we will see some lashing-out kind of stuff that will make even less sense than we have seen at the lowest points.

Time to build a fallout shelter.
    MohandasKGanja and Nevan like this.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

***** celeb

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    Time to build a fallout shelter.
    Don't forget the beer:

Brookie likes this.

I didn’t think a sitting president’s reaction to a national threat could get any worse than this moment....

I was wrong.
    -Prince Rogers Nelson

Thread Information