View Poll Results: Is President Trump

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • a) the greatest president in the history of the US, folks!

2 6.25%
  • b) definitely in the top 45

30 93.75%
Page 326 of 329 FirstFirst ... 226276316322323324325326327328329 LastLast
Results 4,876 to 4,890 of 4934
Like Tree10735Likes

Thread: Cult 45 The politics catch-all thread

Goldman Sachs is predicting that Trump will be narrowly re-elected.

A common scene from this White House, via @PeterAtlantic:

“Aides who have walked in have seen Trump yelling at the TV as he sits with Pence and their deputies over plates of chicken and cheeseburgers.”
    https://t.co/18JSTZpOAm

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by ShimmeringGlow View Post
    The Trump administration is proposing to monitor the social media accounts of veterans, and if the veterans are “too happy” their disability pensions for PTSD will be reduced. What a fucking joke. https://t.co/dKcCK57OkS
    What the fuckety fuck??????
    C_is_for_Cookie likes this.

czb

Goldman Sachs is predicting that Trump will be narrowly re-elected.

A common scene from this White House, via @PeterAtlantic:

“Aides who have walked in have seen Trump yelling at the TV as he sits with Pence and their deputies over plates of chicken and cheeseburgers.”
    https://t.co/18JSTZpOAm
    my boy nate doesn't commit to trump, yet.

https://news.uchicago.edu/story/nate...picks-favorite

and he was the only person of note to predict that trump had a chance in 2016. *shrugs*

I've said it before and I'll say it again .... Democrats have GOT to narrow this list down unless they want another circus like Republicans had going into 2016. What were there ... 12 or more candidates? All up arguing with each other during the debates. Democrats have to unite behind one, maybe two, candidate(s) and all need to support them if they want a chance. The only problem is that these candidates now are almost all flawed. Who knew that Biden was a creeper? And Bernie Sanders needs to go enjoy his billion, sit down and shut the fuck up. He doesn't belong on the Democratic ticket and to me, he's a dead in the water candidate no matter which way he decides to run (Democratic or Independent). He's like a more liberal Trump ... with the advanced age and the spouting off of bullshit. Booker is plastered all over the news in my area, but that's because he's a NJ Senator. I'm not sure how I feel about him. Most of the time he's a big nope for me. Elizabeth Warren ruined her reputation with the stupid fight about her being a Native American. I really don't know enough about Beto to say, but I feel like everything I read about him is negative. That's at least three that should just drop out but it won't happen. Warren is still indignant about her 1/1064% (or whatever it was) NA heritage. Bernie is leading in campaign contributions. And it seems like everyday there's someone new that's accusing Biden of touching them inappropriately.
    HWBL, mostroop, needmeds and 3 others like this.
    "No. I love my grudges. I tend to them like little pets." -Madeline Martha Mackenzie

Spirituality is not religion. Religion divides people. Belief in something unites them.

Don't tell me not to worry ... worrying is what I do best!

^^^ You could add up all those faults and it wouldn't even come close to the gigantic bag of ridiculousness we are dealing with right now. What the Democrats need to make clear to all the candidates is that this contest WILL be fair, and everyone is expected to unite behind and promote the eventual winner, and if you can't do that GTF out NOW.

So horrible to watch the massive fire at Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris. Perhaps flying water tankers could be used to put it out. Must act quickly!

Can he maybe NOT put his 2 cents in on everything. Maybe just offer condolences to what is happening.

He has nothing else to do all day but watch television so that's the only thing that he can comment on. He can't weigh in on policy or anything important because he's a fool.

Trump on the Notre Dame fire: "They think it was caused by renovation. And I hope that's the reason. Renovation, what's that all about, but it's a terrible sight to behold."

They responded in English so it's clear who they were directing this tweet to...the idiot.

Sécurité Civile Fr@SecCivileFranceFollowFollow
    @SecCivileFrance

More

Hundreds of firemen of the Paris Fire Brigade are doing everything they can to bring the terrible #NotreDame fire under control. All means are being used, except for water-bombing aircrafts which, if used, could lead to the collapse of the entire structure of the cathedral.

Last edited by ShimmeringGlow; April 15th, 2019 at 02:58 PM.

Elite Member

So horrible to watch the massive fire at Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris. Perhaps flying water tankers could be used to put it out. Must act quickly!
    He is such a fucking moron. I hate him. Hate, hate. hate him. Must act quickly. Gee, you think?

He can't just offer condolences because he doesn't know how to do that.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Notre Dame = terrible. Dreadful. Act fast!

California = fuck 'em.

Hypocrisy.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Flying tankers. This isn't Montana - it's Paris. A giant microburst from one of those would have collapsed the entire structure as the Sécurité Civile Fr responded; can you imagine planes avoiding the rest of the buildings of Paris as well? Was he watching a John Wayne movie when he tweeted it?
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

I wish he could run into that fire headfirst and see if his hair can contain it.
    Fucking moron

Quote Originally Posted by dolem View Post
    Can he maybe NOT put his 2 cents in on everything. Maybe just offer condolences to what is happening.
    Yeah, like Obama did

They responded in English so it's clear who they were directing this tweet to...the idiot.

Sécurité Civile Fr@SecCivileFranceFollowFollow
    @SecCivileFrance

More

Hundreds of firemen of the Paris Fire Brigade are doing everything they can to bring the terrible #NotreDame fire under control. All means are being used, except for water-bombing aircrafts which, if used, could lead to the collapse of the entire structure of the cathedral.

I can't count how many tweets I've seen asking why not using water tanks (because 12th century building you morons) and "but the towers can't burn they're in stone" (yeah but the 13.5 tons bell in it could collapse just seriously STFU)

Quote Originally Posted by Brookie View Post
    Flying tankers. This isn't Montana - it's Paris. A giant microburst from one of those would have collapsed the entire structure as the Sécurité Civile Fr responded; can you imagine planes avoiding the rest of the buildings of Paris as well? Was he watching a John Wayne movie when he tweeted it?
    Anybody who been in l Ile de la Cité knows how impractical this is, super narrow cobblestone streets, lots and lots of traffic around it, even more tourists, not to mention it's the historical center, so you wouldn't want to damage the houses around either.
    Fluctuat nec mergitur
    Paris, Nov 13th

Trump, apparently, was the first to discover that North Korea was conducting nuclear tests: “They thought it was earthquakes. I said that’s not an earthquake. That’s called nuclear testing.”

Brookie and HWBL like this.

Typical narcissist --knows how to do anything and everything. And the people who actually do such things for a living? Morons.
    Kittylady and Serendipity like this.

I imagine we'll be seeing more of these stories.

Gold Star Family to Pay Hundreds More in Taxes Under New Tax Code

By Allie Spillyards

Published Apr 12, 2019 at 9:21 PM | Updated at 10:26 PM CDT on Apr 12, 2019

https://media.nbcdfw.com/images/144*96/gov-abbott-west-memorial-sat.jpg[/IMG]For the last eight years, Becky Welch has been a single mom to her two boys. It's a reality she knew was possible, though hoped would never happen when her husband Rob deployed to Afghanistan in January 2011.

"He from an early age wanted to serve," said Welch.

Welch said Rob, her childhood sweetheart, first served in the Texas National Guard after graduating from Wylie High School. He then went active duty Army after graduating from UTA in 2008. Their boys were just one and three-years-old when he left for Afghanistan as a First Lieutenant.

Then one day in April, just a day after talking with him, Welch got the knock she'd hoped would never come.

"When I went to the door there were two uniformed military officers and they informed me that Rob had been killed earlier that day. And you know, your whole world stops. It stops for a minute. You don't ever dream that that knock's going to be on your door," said Welch.

All of a sudden, she and her boys were thrown into a new reality. But she said they had support of their military family, both emotionally and monetarily.

"When a soldier dies, the military helps pick up that slack so that they can help pick up the income you would've had if your soldier was here," said Welch.

Every month for the last eight years, Welch and her boys have each received benefits.

"When we started claiming those benefits, I actually found out that my minor children, because of the way they get their benefits, actually have to file as individuals through the IRS," said Welch.

Usually, Welch says they owed about $200 each. But under this year's new tax code, the family was surprised to see the total due at nearly $1,100 for each of her boys.

"This is just crazy that this is happening. That children, I mean mine are 9 and 11, but children even younger than that are being taxed this exorbitant amount money. And I mean these are families that are not making billions in money each year. They're making what they need to survive," said Welch.

Her CPA explained it was due to changes with the Kiddie Tax. Until now the taxable portion of her boys' benefits was taxed at the same rate she was, which as a single stay at home mom fell in the lowest threshold.

But under the new tax code, their benefits are treated the same as a trust fund or estate tax. For her boys, that means a rate of 35 per Georg

"To me it almost feels like a punishment. Like we honor the sacrifice your dad made, but now you owe us all this money. It just really seems confusing to me," said Welch.

Before April 15, she'll write two checks for $1,094 to send to the IRS. But she's hopeful if enough families like her's speak up, a change will be made to accommodate families who've already paid the ultimate sacrifice.

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Gold-Star-Family-to-Pay-Hundreds-More-in-Taxes-Under-New-Tax-Code-508523601.html

Thread Information