View Poll Results: Is President Trump

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • a) the greatest president in the history of the US, folks!

3 8.82%
  • b) definitely in the top 45

31 91.18%
Page 21 of 462 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171121 ... LastLast
Like Tree15440Likes

Thread: Cult 45 The politics catch-all thread

Ivanka Trump employees were told in an email this morning to attend a 12:30pm meeting, where they learned the company was closing. Ivanka came, spoke and stayed for about 45 minutes. Workers spent the rest of the afternoon in the office, drinking wine https://t.co/3u686r92aE
    fgg likes this.

Full on fucking autocracy is starting. This piece of shit is going to declare himself king/dictator and apparently not a fucking thing will happen. Americans walked in groups in pussy hats and called their members of congress about Obamacare, it wasn't fully repealed but it doesn't exist in any useful way now. If everything doesn't turn at the mid-terms in a drastic and meaningful way America is literally fucked. 70% of Americans disapprove of the president, why is he allowed to get away with more and more each day that passes?!

Exclusive: White House stops announcing calls with foreign leaders

By Kaitlan Collins, CNN
    Updated 7:31 PM ET, Tue July 24, 2018

Washington (CNN)The White House has suspended the practice of publishing public summaries of President Donald Trump's phone calls with world leaders, two sources with knowledge of the situation tell CNN, bringing an end to a common exercise from Republican and Democratic administrations.

It's unclear if the suspension is temporary or permanent. A White House spokesman declined to comment.

Official descriptions of the President's calls with foreign leaders -- termed "readouts" in Washington parlance -- offer administrations the chance to characterize in their own terms the diplomacy conducted at the highest levels between countries. While news is rarely contained in the rote, often dry descriptions, they do offer the only official account that a phone call took place. Readouts are still released internally.

Trump has had at least two calls with other leaders in the last two weeks, including Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu. The White House confirmed that the calls took place after they were reported by foreign media, but declined to elaborate on what was said.

The White House has not published a readout of a call between Trump and a world leader since mid-June when he called to congratulate the Hungarian prime minister on his re-election victory.
    "The two leaders further pledged to keep United States-Hungary relations strong," the readout at the time noted.

Michael Allen, who was a member of the National Security Council during the George W. Bush administration, said that by halting the practice of issuing readouts, the White House loses "the action forcing event of an announced phone call."

"I think they lose the public diplomacy aspect of a presidential phone call," Allen added.

'Highly coordinated events'

Calls with world leaders are highly coordinated events that in the past have required careful planning by the President's national security team. Leaders are typically patched through the Situation Room, and sometimes aides listen in. Once the call is over, both sides typically publish a readout of what was discussed. However, readouts have been known to differ between governments.

After Trump spoke with Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau in April 2017, the two sides offered vastly different accounts of what was discussed.

"President Donald J. Trump and Prime Minister Justin Trudeau spoke today. The two leaders discussed the dairy trade in Wisconsin, New York State, and various other places. It was a very amicable call," the White House's version read.

Canada's readout was more descriptive.

"The prime minister and the President reaffirmed the importance of the mutually beneficial Canada-US trade relationship," Canada's readout said. "On the issue of softwood lumber, the prime minister refuted the baseless allegations by the US Department of Commerce and the decision to impose unfair duties."

Tony Blinken, who served as the deputy secretary of state in the Obama administration from 2015 to 2017, said there are two main reasons why issuing the readouts are important.

"One is transparency," Blinken told CNN. "There is a public interest in knowing who he talked to and what they talked about. Secondly, these readouts help shape the narrative. If we aren't doing a readout, but the other country is, their narrative is going to prevail. "

Records

Trump has been known to make calls to foreign leaders from the residence of the White House during what has been dubbed by aides as "executive time." Before he was fired this spring, former national security adviser H.R. McMaster often joined Trump in residence for his calls. His successor John Bolton is regularly present during his calls with leaders, a White House official tells CNN.

The decision to halt the readouts come amid questions about what was said during Trump's one-on-one with Russian President Vladimir Putin in Helsinki, Finland.

Trump was incensed last August when The Washington Post published transcripts of his tense phone calls with the leaders of Australia and Mexico. He railed about the leak to aides for weeks, insisting that fewer people be in the room during the calls going forward.

He was similarly infuriated after it quickly leaked this spring that he had been directly instructed by his national security advisers in briefing materials not to congratulate Putin on his recent election victory during their call. As reported by the Post, he did.

The leak reinforced Trump's long-held belief there are individuals inside his administration -- especially in the national security realm -- who are working to undermine him, sources close to the President told CNN at the time.

In May, as French President Emmanuel Macron was trying to convince Trump to remain in the Iran nuclear deal, he and Trump held a phone call. The White House issued a terse, two-sentence readout after the call highlighting Trump and Macron's "shared commitment to peace and stability in the Middle East," while declining to offer any details.

Source: https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/24/polit...use/index.html
    ShimmeringGlow and HWBL like this.

Trump's star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame has destroyed, again, by a pickax-wielding vandal; it happened around 3am; the suspect surrendered https://abc7.com/amp/politics/t

fgg

^because "stars" buy their way onto the walk, does trump have to pay to fix it every time? LOL!
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Soccer ball Putin gave Trump contains chip that can transmit data to cell phones: report http://hill.cm/eLLA4JB

Brookie and Fly_On_TheWall like this.

CREDIT: SCREENGRAB In George Orwell’s classic dystopian novel 1984, the “final, most essential command” of the ruling totalitarian regime is “to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears.”

On Tuesday, President Trump made that same request of his supporters.

Speaking to a Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW) gathering in Kansas City, Trump implored his audience to forget about what they see and read — and instead just listen to him.

“Don’t believe the crap you see from these people, the fake news,” Trump said, pointing at reporters as the crowd broke out in boos. “Just remember, what you’re seeing and what you’re reading is not what’s happening.
    funny thing about not believing what you see.

"Coincidentally," both the White House and the Kremlin have edited the video and transcripts of that Trump/Putin press conference. There is no question about Putin supporting Trump or directing people to influence the election, and Putin's response to the question is also gone. Therefore, it never happened
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

Kaitlin Collins of CNN, I posted an article she wrote a couple posts back, was BANNED from the Rose Garden event (an OPEN press event) with the President of the European Commission and dump because they didn't like these questions that had been asked earlier in the day. By former Fox News exec (and sexual harassment supporters) Bill Shine and Huckabeast. The questions that got her banned:

Did Michael Cohen betray you?
    Are you worried about what he will tell prosecutors?
    Are you worried about what's on the other tapes?
    Why hasn't Putin accepted the invitation to the White House yet?

Freedom of speech apparently is not to be tolerated by the White House anymore when it comes to the press. Wonder if dump will have the Constitution amended?
    ShimmeringGlow likes this.

I can't believe that they're going to use a Depression era program to pay farmers 12 billion dollars because of a problem that he created. I heard on NPR yesterday that China hasn't placed an order for pork in 2 weeks. China is the biggest buyer of pork outside of the US. It's being stockpiled in warehouses across the country.

I was listening to my Los Angeles news radio station this morning when they talked about this guy who pick-axed Orange loser’s Star. I loved the visual of this guy calmly strolling down Hollywood Blvd with a guitar case only to reveal this pickax than hammered the shit out of his star. They also stated he first showed up at the wrong police station to turn himself in. I think he went to the Beverly Hills station first and the cops were like- wrong station bro! He then went to the right one and surrendered. Lol.
    Brookie likes this.
    Until the end of time. I'll be there for you. You own my heart and mind. I truly adore you
    -Prince Rogers Nelson

Breaking: Donald Trump conspired with Michael Cohen to pay off multiple other women prior to Election Day in 2016. They were also concerned about a pregnancy. Cohen has evidence and info in his possession and it must be released to the public. Now! #Basta

Quote Originally Posted by ShimmeringGlow View Post
    I can't believe that they're going to use a Depression era program to pay farmers 12 billion dollars because of a problem that he created. I heard on NPR yesterday that China hasn't placed an order for pork in 2 weeks. China is the biggest buyer of pork outside of the US. It's being stockpiled in warehouses across the country.
    Iowa is the largest pork producer in the world. There are more hogs here than people.

Amazing how we just keep spending, spending. Please tell me more about how republicans are more fiscally responsible.

It's a beautiful day here. They lie about the stupidest things.

Tasneem N
    @TasneemN

Tasneem N Retweeted Hallie Jackson
    White House pool report: "On what appears to be the nicest day Washington has had all week, the White House has informed the pool that POTUS will motorcade to JBA because of bad weather."

Hallie Jackson@HallieJackson

View from my office window as the White House makes a bad weather call - meaning the president will take a car to Andrews, rather than depart via his helicopter from the South Lawn where reporters can gather to shout questions at him.

^^ha ha. Not only is POTUS a clown he’s a cowardly clown.

Hecklers need to start showing up to POTUS appearances to mess with him by shouting “Lock HIM up!” Lol.
    Until the end of time. I'll be there for you. You own my heart and mind. I truly adore you
    -Prince Rogers Nelson

Mueller is scrutinizing Trump tweets and negative statements from the president about Jeff Sessions and James Comey as part of the obstruction investigation, three people briefed on the matter tell NYT.

Mueller wants to question Trump about the tweets.
    https://t.co/SVtwbSFdqw

Privately, some Trump lawyers have expressed concern that Mueller will stitch together several episodes, encounters and pieces of evidence, like tweets, to build a case that Trump embarked on a broad effort to interfere with the investigation, NYT reports. https://t.co/kxeWA4bLyS
    Annie B and BrickHouse like this.

On Twitter this is being called "thought police" and tweets can't be used as evidence because words aren't actions. Sorry assholes, policy has been enacted based on tweets. Obama, Hillary Clinton, Comey, etc should be suing this prick for slander/libel.
    Mivvi21 and needmeds like this.

Thread Information