Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 50

Thread: Could Barack Obama still lose the nomination?

  1. #16
    Elite Member Cali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    citizen of the world
    Posts
    5,444

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    First off, I have no problem with Hillary entering her name at the convention. And considering that Obama is the presumptive nominee, Hillary isn't a threat to that. Bottom line, Obama has more delegates, pledged delegates and super-delegates, so Hillary getting the nomination is a pipe dream. That handwriting was on the wall a long time ago.

    Second, I wish Hillary supporters would stop trying to paint Obama as some kid with no political experience, and Hillary as the great experienced politician. Obama has more experience as a real POLITICIAN than Hillary has. He's been in the Senate for over three years, and was in the Illinois state senate for seven years prior to that. Prior to Hillary's six or so years in the senate she was a politician's wife, not a politician. And no matter how much some people may like to think that being married to a president qualifies you to be president, it does not.

    Third, Obama has been bending over backwards to appease Hillary supporters. But the fact is, some Hillary supporters won't be satisfied no matter what Obama does because he's not Hillary. I mean, there are Hillary supporters out there who believe that Obama didn't win the nomination, but that he stole it from Hillary, as if it was her's by right. Which is ridiculous.
    Amen my friend.

  2. #17
    Elite Member *DIVA!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    15,742

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    First off, I have no problem with Hillary entering her name at the convention. And considering that Obama is the presumptive nominee, Hillary isn't a threat to that. Bottom line, Obama has more delegates, pledged delegates and super-delegates, so Hillary getting the nomination is a pipe dream. That handwriting was on the wall a long time ago.

    Second, I wish Hillary supporters would stop trying to paint Obama as some kid with no political experience, and Hillary as the great experienced politician. Obama has more experience as a real POLITICIAN than Hillary has. He's been in the Senate for over three years, and was in the Illinois state senate for seven years prior to that. Prior to Hillary's six or so years in the senate she was a politician's wife, not a politician. And no matter how much some people may like to think that being married to a president qualifies you to be president, it does not.

    Third, Obama has been bending over backwards to appease Hillary supporters. But the fact is, some Hillary supporters won't be satisfied no matter what Obama does because he's not Hillary. I mean, there are Hillary supporters out there who believe that Obama didn't win the nomination, but that he stole it from Hillary, as if it was her's by right. Which is ridiculous.
    Let's run away to Vegas to get Married..
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

    I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

  3. #18
    Elite Member kingcap72's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    10 miles from Pootie Tang
    Posts
    21,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SSDiva View Post
    Let's run away to Vegas to get Married..
    Hey, you pay my way, and sign a prenup to protect my imaginary fortune and we're good. Viva Las Vegas, baby.

  4. #19
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,540

    Default

    Incorrect, my friend, BO was in the senate exactly one year before he began running for president. Our country, thanks to George and co, is fucked up every way you can think of. This is not the time for someone with zero, excuse me, one years experience. That being said, I am prepared to hold my nose and vote for the democratic nominee, no matter who that is. Simply because of the Supreme Court nominations that will come up during the next president's term. I sure hope you are right and that BO will be the next coming of Washington/Jefferson/Adams, because otherwise it will be a very long time before our side gets another turn. And what is this shit ,that now that he thinks he has the nomination locked up, he has moved to the right as a 'moderate'? After 8 years I was hoping for a democrat. Keep moving right and I'll stop holding my nose and stay home on election day. I'm just curious, do any of the Obama-nation understand that unless all the Clinton supporters turn out for BO he's going to get his head handed to him in November? Do what you have to do at the convention or risk losing 50% of the democratic party. This is the part about them being arrogant. It has nothing to do with uppity. It's more like completely unrealistic.

  5. #20
    Elite Member viggofan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,751

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by viggofan View Post
    I personally can't stand Hillary but I have a question.... what would stop her from running as an independent? Would her chances of winning be better to get elected as there are many out there who don't really want Obama or McCain? just asking.
    nobody wants to answer my question.
    YOU CAN'T ALWAYS GET WHAT YOU WANT
    (M. Jagger/K. Richards)

  6. #21
    Elite Member kingcap72's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    10 miles from Pootie Tang
    Posts
    21,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scooter View Post
    Incorrect, my friend, BO was in the senate exactly one year before he began running for president. Our country, thanks to George and co, is fucked up every way you can think of. This is not the time for someone with zero, excuse me, one years experience. That being said, I am prepared to hold my nose and vote for the democratic nominee, no matter who that is. Simply because of the Supreme Court nominations that will come up during the next president's term. I sure hope you are right and that BO will be the next coming of Washington/Jefferson/Adams, because otherwise it will be a very long time before our side gets another turn. And what is this shit ,that now that he thinks he has the nomination locked up, he has moved to the right as a 'moderate'? After 8 years I was hoping for a democrat. Keep moving right and I'll stop holding my nose and stay home on election day. I'm just curious, do any of the Obama-nation understand that unless all the Clinton supporters turn out for BO he's going to get his head handed to him in November? Do what you have to do at the convention or risk losing 50% of the democratic party. This is the part about them being arrogant. It has nothing to do with uppity. It's more like completely unrealistic.
    You still keep trying to discount Obama's time in the Illinois state senate, which predates Hillary's time in the U.S. Senate. No matter how you try to slice it Obama has more time under his belt as a politician than Hillary. I know you hate to admit that, but those are the facts.

    And, as I said, Obama has been bending over backwards to appease Hillary supporters. But the bottom line is this, he's not going to make her his running mate just to make Clinton supporters happy. And if you would rather stay home out of spite on election day because Hillary didn't get the nomination or she's not on the ticket, then that's your choice. But don't act as if you're doing Obama a favor by voting for him. And if Hillary is out there backing Obama and wanting her supporters to do the same, then demanding Obama appease Clinton supporters makes no sense.

    And here's some facts for those die-hard Hillary supporters who think Obama owes them something. If the majority of Hillary supporters don't turn out to vote for Obama, and he loses the election because of it, then forget Hillary's chances of ever being president, because the Democratic Party will be split for a long time after that, and Obama supporters will hold Hillary responsible. Because the most important thing is getting a Democrat in the White House, not making Hillary's supporters happy. So, let's keep an eye on the big picture here.

    Quote Originally Posted by viggofan View Post
    nobody wants to answer my question.
    I didn't even see your question, VF. At this point, I don't think there's too much to stop her from running as an Independent. But if she did, all she would succeed in doing is splitting the Democratic vote and McCain would slide right into the White House.
    Last edited by kingcap72; August 8th, 2008 at 10:15 PM.

  7. #22
    Elite Member viggofan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,751

    Default

    ^^ thank you for answering my question. It was hidden in there.
    Last edited by viggofan; August 8th, 2008 at 10:25 PM.
    YOU CAN'T ALWAYS GET WHAT YOU WANT
    (M. Jagger/K. Richards)

  8. #23
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,540

    Default

    Unless BO can get the Clinton supporters to vote for him McCain IS going to slide right into the whitehouse. I find that a truely terrifying thought. Do you not want to win? Are you not willing to do what is necessary to secure the win? If you dont think you need the Clinton voters then that is truely the definition of arrogant. How do you expect to win if 50% of the democratic electorate stays home, never mind votes for someone else? I am personally willing to hold my nose and vote for him, but a lot of other are NOT. And Kingcap, perhaps I should clarify: I dont consider state legislature to be equal to the united states senate. Perhaps BO has local/state experience. He has ONE YEAR of national experience. With all of the flashpoints going on in our country is this really the time for on the job training? It didnt work out so well with George.

  9. #24
    Elite Member kingcap72's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    10 miles from Pootie Tang
    Posts
    21,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scooter View Post
    Unless BO can get the Clinton supporters to vote for him McCain IS going to slide right into the whitehouse. I find that a truely terrifying thought. Do you not want to win? Are you not willing to do what is necessary to secure the win? If you dont think you need the Clinton voters then that is truely the definition of arrogant. How do you expect to win if 50% of the democratic electorate stays home, never mind votes for someone else? I am personally willing to hold my nose and vote for him, but a lot of other are NOT. And Kingcap, perhaps I should clarify: I dont consider state legislature to be equal to the united states senate. Perhaps BO has local/state experience. He has ONE YEAR of national experience. With all of the flashpoints going on in our country is this really the time for on the job training? It didnt work out so well with George.
    Why do you keep acting as if the Clinton supporters are being discounted or ignored? Of course Obama needs the Clinton supporters. But for any Clinton supporter to think that they can hold Obama and the Democratic Party hostage with their votes is ridiculous. And, at present, Obama's been in the U.S. Senate for over 3 years, so why do you keep insisting that it's only been ONE YEAR? That right there derails whatever point you're trying to make.

    And you don't have to consider the state senate and the U.S. Senate equal, in reality they aren't equal. They're two different things. But the fact remains, that while Obama was in the state senate, being a real politician, Hillary was just playing her role as First Lady, which she wasn't elected to, but got by default because she was married to Bill Clinton.

    And, at this point, rehashing whether Obama or Hillary is more qualified is pointless, because Obama is the presumptive nominee. And the Democratic Party isn't suddenly going to turn around and hand the nomination to Hillary.
    Last edited by kingcap72; August 8th, 2008 at 10:41 PM.

  10. #25
    Elite Member Grimmlok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    In WhoreLand fucking your MOM
    Posts
    55,372

    Default

    If Mcsame gets in, It'll be all the nutjob Hillary freaks fault.

    If their petulance, recalcitrance and self involvement keep them from voting to keep that weirdo out, be it on their heads and i hope mctard fucks them over the hardest.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

  11. #26
    Elite Member nycgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    4,316

    Default

    If McCain gets it, it will be Obama's fault for not getting people to vote for him.

  12. #27
    Elite Member Grimmlok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    In WhoreLand fucking your MOM
    Posts
    55,372

    Default

    There's not anything Obama can do to make the die hard hillbots vote for him except somehow BECOME hillary
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

  13. #28
    Elite Member kingcap72's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    10 miles from Pootie Tang
    Posts
    21,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nycgirly101 View Post
    If McCain gets it, it will be Obama's fault for not getting people to vote for him.
    So, if Obama can't sway die-hard Hillary supporters to vote for him, and McCain wins, then that's his fault? Wouldn't the blame lay more with the people who chose to put their own personal feelings over the good of the Democratic Party?

  14. #29
    Elite Member nana55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    dreaming about being on a lake in Ontario
    Posts
    4,085

    Default

    If my man (Obama) doesn't win this time, I will have to think seriously about moving back to the snow. I won't be alone though, both my daughters and their families will follow. Please you Hilliary people, get over yourselves and do the right thing!
    If I can't be a good example, then let me be a horrible warning.

  15. #30
    Elite Member nycgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    4,316

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    So, if Obama can't sway die-hard Hillary supporters to vote for him, and McCain wins, then that's his fault? Wouldn't the blame lay more with the people who chose to put their own personal feelings over the good of the Democratic Party?
    If he can't sway people to vote for him, I would say that's partially his fault, yes. That's his job, even though people like to try and place blame all over the place (like when Kerry lost in '04, sorry but he was a weak candidate and it was his own fault). I'm sure Obama will have no problem getting most normal Clinton supporters to vote for him. I know that people are going to try and blame her for his loss (if he does lose), but that's a cop-out, IMO.

    And I'm sure there are die-hard Obamabots who wouldn't have voted for Clinton if she got the nomination too. There are some people who are just bitter, and will do the wrong thing out of spite. But hopefully they won't really make a difference in the election.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Malik Obama confirms his half-brother Barack Obama grew up a Muslim
    By Incognito in forum U.S. Politics and Issues
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: June 17th, 2008, 04:32 PM
  2. Replies: 18
    Last Post: June 6th, 2008, 05:37 AM
  3. Senator Barack Obama finally seals Democratic nomination
    By Laurent in forum U.S. Politics and Issues
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: June 5th, 2008, 08:28 AM
  4. Time for Barack Obama to lose Tony McPeak
    By witchcurlgirl in forum U.S. Politics and Issues
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: March 27th, 2008, 05:25 PM
  5. Barack Obama wins Wisconsin; Wis. exit poll: Obama with broad backing
    By january in forum U.S. Politics and Issues
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: February 20th, 2008, 09:43 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •