Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Conservative writer Kathleen Parker: Sarah Palin should go BYE BYE, like NOW!

Quote Originally Posted by HWBL View Post
    Exactly. Jimmy Carter is a true man of faith and proves it to this day
    with his concern for the world and his humanitarian work. Somehow,
    I don't believe Palin, the Christian with the rifle and hunting permit,
    has the same depth of true christianity as Jimmy has. Her christianity
    limits itself to her immediate circle and to only those who share her
    exact same convictions. How's that for a good Samaritan?

I'm pretty fascinated by the extent to which she is male-identified. It's evident in her authoritarianism, which almost always stems from childhood trauma, but it's more than that. I've never heard her mother mentioned. I know her dad was a science teacher, but I've not heard much about mom. And so many times, women like this have crazy mothers and bond with their fathers, which is why they end up so conservative and unsupportive of anything feminine-ish, like reproductive rights. I have two crazy sister-in-laws who are extremely religious and conservative like Palin, both trade shamelessly on their looks, are proud of their ability to manipulate people, especially men, and don't work AT ALL, or just hold a job here or there for a few days. And both of them, their mothers are borderline lunatics.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

That's very interesting... my mother is batshit insane but my father wasn't really around so if he was hmmmmmmmmm
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by ymeman View Post
    The most authentic christian (maybe the only one) ever in U.S. office in recent times was Jimmy Carter. He's probably the closest the U.S. will get to having an authentic christian in office instead of a grifter.
    Funny you should mention Carter. Carter gets a bum rap for being a 'bad' president when in many ways, he was the only recent leader that told the truth, even if no one wanted to hear it. He tried to look at the country's problem realistically and was ripped to shreds for it.

Carter's election was an anomaly, anyway. He wasn't supposed to be victorious among the conversative 1970s, but Watergate opened the door for him.

Then he holed up in the Rose Garden until the hostages came home and lost. Much like McCain wanted to hole up in Washington until a deal was worked out.

Quote Originally Posted by HWBL View Post
    And yes, the other type of world travelers, the ones that have seen half the world, but really only the beaches, hotels and typical tourist fare:
    they are way out of their league with the "stay at home scholars
    of world affairs".
    I get what you're saying. You're right. There are people who travel and only stick to the tourist traps.

Still to me, it's frightening, that this woman hasn't really been anywhere. Maybe some won't agree with me on that, but I think it's def a plus and would enhance her ideas on foreign policy/countries if she has travelled to diff places in the world and seen for herself, especially in the position she's been put in.

But when it all comes down to it, her experience rides on the fact, according to her, that Russia & Alaska are neighbors.

HAHAHAHAHA

^^ Whats even more interesting she ignores that Canada the real neighbour isnt as important to her and its one of the major trading partners in the States.
    She's just adopted the repub talking point of hyping up the xenophobia and the fear of the commies coming to get the USA and that she has the experience to deal with that.

Quote Originally Posted by ana-mish-ana View Post
    ^^ Whats even more interesting she ignores that Canada the real neighbour isnt as important to her and its one of the major trading partners in the States. She's just adopted the repub talking point of hyping up the xenophobia and the fear of the commies coming to get the USA and that she has the experience to deal with that.
    That's because she's a member here at GR and has read what Grimm has to say.

Quote Originally Posted by RevellingInSane View Post
    Palin should not bow out. McCain made a choice and he has to deal with the consequences. She should have known she was out of her league, and McCain was out of his mind, when she was offered a place on the ticket.

What should happen is Palin should be interviewed as much as possible. She should be asked questions she has not had time to relay to her PR team to answer, then memorize their work.
    Yup. Let the punishment fit the crime. She's only a victim of her own ambition. I don't feel sorry for her no matter how badly she does or how widely she's mocked. She deserves it.

oh god, if that bitch shows up here imma have to write a stern letter to her.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Valley Doll View Post
    Funny you should mention Carter. Carter gets a bum rap for being a 'bad' president when in many ways, he was the only recent leader that told the truth, even if no one wanted to hear it. He tried to look at the country's problem realistically and was ripped to shreds for it.

Carter's election was an anomaly, anyway. He wasn't supposed to be victorious among the conversative 1970s, but Watergate opened the door for him.
    what is saddest is he really wanted america to get into energy conservation and to think where we would be if we had listened back then...

Quote Originally Posted by ana-mish-ana View Post
    ^^ Whats even more interesting she ignores that Canada the real neighbour isnt as important to her and its one of the major trading partners in the States.
    She's just adopted the repub talking point of hyping up the xenophobia and the fear of the commies coming to get the USA and that she has the experience to deal with that.
    that's that authoritarian two-step: 1. declare an enemy 2. project, project, project. Works every time.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information