Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Congressman warns of energy bill killing old southern people

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    You can find all sorts of numbers.

European heatwave caused 35,000 deaths - 10 October 2003 - New Scientist
    "France suffered the worst losses, with 14,802 people dying from causes attributable to the blistering heat. This is "more than 19 times the death toll from the SARS epidemic worldwide", notes the EPI.

August 2003 was the hottest August on record in the northern hemisphere. But projections by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change predict more erratic weather, the EPI notes. By the end of this century, the average world temperature is projected to climb by 1.4 to 5.8C.

"Though heat waves rarely are given adequate attention, they claim more lives each year than floods, tornadoes, and hurricanes combined," warns the EPI. "Heat waves are a silent killer, mostly affecting the elderly, the very young, or the chronically ill."

The searing August heat claimed about 7000 lives in Germany, nearly 4200 lives in both Spain and Italy. Over 2000 people died in the UK, with the country recording is first ever temperature over 100 Fahrenheit on 10th August."

Of course you can, you can find different sets of numbers re just about anything, but you don't think saying it NEVER happened was a bit much? Especially when there is data to back it up?
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by olivia View Post
    All the owners of the ugly Persian Palaces around here, cut down the old trees immediately, leaving the sides and black roofs exposed. They don't want the bother of leaves in the fall.

It's been 92+ for 2 weeks. Barely any rain, since we've created an artificial desert of black surfaces that radiates heat upward and the storm clouds pass over too high.

Mention at a town hall meeting that cities like Chicago, Minneapolis, St. Louis, Seattle and Portland are subsidizing roof top gardens and tree planting. Why? Because they need the rain. Oh but The South can't possibly impinge on developers or the rich. It's un-American!
    That should be against the law. We need federal laws ro protect trees-trees help so much. Let the leaves fall where they may.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Of course you can, you can find different sets of numbers re just about anything, but you don't think saying it NEVER happened was a bit much? Especially when there is data to back it up?
    Never happened or was never 75000?
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

"Trump is, in my opinion, the first woman president of the United States." -- Roseanne Barr

Yeah, she said it never happened. When I can find several reputable sources that show the 70k plus figure, including NIH, in addition to the source I posted earlier.

Death toll exceeded 70,000 in Europe during the su... [C R Biol. 2008] - PubMed result
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Looking at her post, I see it as it was never 70+K not as it never happened at all. I can also find reputable sources for lost of different totals.
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

"Trump is, in my opinion, the first woman president of the United States." -- Roseanne Barr

Here's what Broun who comically suggested that all old people would die under any sort of health care reform, too, which he compared to the "Great War of Yankee Aggression" had to say on the House floor Wednesday night regarding even the whiff of a clean energy bill:
    Once you claim that all old people would die if healthcare reform passes, and shockingly they don't all die, you lose the credibility to claim that a clean energy bill will now kill all old people in the South.

The GOP must really hate senior citizens, since they love scaring the shit out of them.

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    Looking at her post, I see it as it was never 70+K not as it never happened at all. I can also find reputable sources for lost of different totals.

So can I, which I also said previously. ANd her statement was, "Never have 70,000 Eurpoeans died in a heatwave" which is a definitive statement with no sourcing, which is most likely disproved by the links provided.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    That should be against the law. We need federal laws ro protect trees-trees help so much. Let the leaves fall where they may.
    May the gods forgive my adolescent heart and impotent gestures, but my dog knows which lawns she is allowed to poop in at night. Cut down your trees, reap dog shit on your disinfected, chemically enhanced lawn.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

Elite Member

It is a real problem, and global warming is making it worse.
    Tea baggers want to fight the Man because the Man doesn't look like them.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

I meant that it was never over 70 grand but may have been wrong. The point of this all isn't about debating numbers, it's about what to do about the problem at hand. And Soj makes a very good point about inner-city olds, both in the winter and the summer up north. I know that one of the Kennedy boys has done a lot pushing through fuel assisstance for olds during the winter but it's not enough.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

The elderly people which he speaks of cannot afford nice new housing nor their electric bill most of the time. Happens every summer even with charitable organizations checking on elderly folks all summer.

Its the same group who have to eat cat food because of the drain on Medicare and social security.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

surprise, Obama is looking to slash medicare..
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information