Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Confirmed: Sarah Palin is John McCain's VP pick

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    ^^I was thinking the same thing. Harriet Myers the sequel.

The thing is if Obama dies while in office there's little doubt that Biden could step in and take over as president. But if McCain dies, does anybody really think Palin's going to have the ability to take over as president. She has less foreign policy experience than Obama does.

And I know some people keep throwing out the 'executive experience' label since she's a Governor, but Dubya had MORE of that 'executive experience' as Governor of Texas and we saw what a bang-up job he did.
    Not to be devils advocate, BUT why are U worrying about IF Obama gets assaineted? I think his VP choice shouldn't be based on that.

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

^^^Just watch though: The same Repubs who were so vitriolic and sexist towards Hillary will cry sexism anytime Palin gets criticized by the Democrats.

Quote Originally Posted by barbiedoll25 View Post
    Not to be devils advocate, BUT why are U worrying about IF Obama gets assaineted? I think his VP choice shouldn't be based on that.
    It might have to do with the fact that people were arrested this week for plotting to kill Obama.

And the VP choices in this election are key because both Biden and Palin have chances of being president. Obama could be killed by some racist nutjob and McCain is 72 and has fought cancer more than once. Not saying that either event WILL happen, but they are factors.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    It might have to do with the fact that people were arrested this week for plotting to kill Obama.

And the VP choices in this election are key because both Biden and Palin have chances of being president. Obama could be killed yb some racist nutjob and McCain is 72 and has fought cancer more than once.
    Ok but that might be (wishful) hypothetical speaking. Just b/c someone may or may not have tried to assainate Obama doesn't mean it will happen. Same, Just b/c McCain is 72 doesn't mean he will drop dead. I know a lot of people who have lived with cancer in remission who have lived long propersous lives.

Quote Originally Posted by SSDiva View Post
    I think Sarah Palin is John McCain's Harriet Miers..
    Interesting. Care to elaborate?
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Hey -- just so I can get geared up for this Palin thing....what's the female equivalent of an Uncle Tom?
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

Quote Originally Posted by ManxMouse View Post
    Hey -- just so I can get geared up for this Palin thing....what's the female equivalent of an Uncle Tom?
    Condoleeza Rice
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

^^Good one!
    Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Interesting. Care to elaborate?
    Bush chose Harriet Miers for the supreme court..she had no experience. Palin has no experience...
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

I like the Palin pick. I think is was a great choice. She is not a career politician like Biden. She seems very real and tangible for alot of American women.

She is a women who had worn many hats in her lifetime and will be able to identify with others very easily. Her father was a teacher and her mother worked in the school office. She was a great athlete in school and participated in beauty pagaents. She married her high school sweetheart who happens to be a card carrying steel workers union member. She started out in the PTA for her childrens school and then decided to run for mayor, which she served for six years.

I think her stance on abortion really hit home when she was faced with her baby, (fetus, viable life) having down syndrome and making the choice to keep it. Being a women in her position it would have been alot easier to get rid of it.

She also has a son that is serving in the army and will be deployed on Sept. 11 to Iraq.

You can say whatever you want about her but I think she is well rounded and down to earth. As a women I can completely identify with her and admire her strength. She obviously had alot on her page and manages it very well. Which would make her a great candidate for president one day.

Her experience or lack there of can only be compared to Obama's. If you have a problem with her you should have alot bigger problem with Obama, since he would be the one in charge.

Quote Originally Posted by SSDiva View Post
    ^^Good one!

Bush chose Harriet Miers for the supreme court..she had no experience. Palin has no experience...
    Then she fits in perfect with this election because Obama doesn't either!

A government big enough to give you everything you want,
    is strong enough to take everything you have. ~Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by tamjo54 View Post
    IShe was a great athlete in school and participated in beauty pagaents.
    yeah, that's what I look for in a candidate. This is real progress.
    She married her high school sweetheart who happens to be a card carrying steel workers union member. She started out in the PTA for her childrens school
    really, who gives a shit about that?
    I think her stance on abortion really hit home when she was faced with her baby, (fetus, viable life) having down syndrome and making the choice to keep it. Being a women in her position it would have been alot easier to get rid of it.
    Great. She got to make the right decision for her, and at her age, I bet she knew the risk before she got pregnant anyway. But would deny the right to make a choice to other women.

You can say whatever you want about her but I think she is well rounded and down to earth. As a women I can completely identify with her and admire her strength. She obviously had alot on her page and manages it very well. Which would make her a great candidate for president one day.
    You don't ask a lot from a candidate do you?

Her experience or lack there of can only be compared to Obama's. If you have a problem with her you should have alot bigger problem with Obama, since he would be the one in charge.
    With McCain being older than God, her #2 status would likely become #1. And stop with the Obama is just as inexperienced stuff. The town she was mayor of was barely bigger than my high school. The entire state of Alaska has fewer people than my city, and its particular challenges are unique and few compared to most others. So, little domestic policy experience and no federal experience. Obama has several years of state senatehood from one of the largest urban areas in the country--talk about challenges. And of course now is a United States Senator who must be versed in both local and federal issues. The experience thing just doesn't wash.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
    August 29, 2008
    Shocking Choice by John McCain
    WASHINGTON-- Senator John McCain just announced his choice for running mate: Governor Sarah Palin of Alaska. To follow is a statement by Rodger Schlickeisen, president of Defenders of Wildlife Action Fund.

“Senator McCain’s choice for a running mate is beyond belief. By choosing Sarah Palin, McCain has clearly made a decision to continue the Bush legacy of destructive environmental policies.

“Sarah Palin, whose husband works for BP (formerly British Petroleum), has repeatedly put special interests first when it comes to the environment. In her scant two years as governor, she has lobbied aggressively to open up the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge to drilling, pushed for more drilling off of Alaska’s coasts, and put special interests above science. Ms. Palin has made it clear through her actions that she is unwilling to do even as much as the Bush administration to address the impacts of global warming. Her most recent effort has been to sue the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service to remove the polar bear from the endangered species list, putting Big Oil before sound science. As unbelievable as this may sound, this actually puts her to the right of the Bush administration.

“This is Senator McCain’s first significant choice in building his executive team and it’s a bad one. It has to raise serious doubts in the minds of voters about John McCain’s commitment to conservation, to addressing the impacts of global warming and to ensuring our country ends its dependency on oil.”

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Quote Originally Posted by samantha jones View Post
    We're fucked. Either ticket. We're fucked.
    I say that silently in my head when the issue of the election comes up and on the surface I just smile and nod my head at everyone.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Ironic that some Republican strategists are praising her for being a DC outsider who brings youth and vibrance to the McCain campaign while railing against Obama for it.

For the record, I think we're fucked too. Nobody is going to be able to pull us out of the colossal mess that has been made. Whoever is elected is probably doomed.

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread Information