Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Condoleezza Rice: People will thank Bush for what he's done

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    I don't know, they started naming airports and highways after Reagan very shortly after his debacle of a presidency ended, but then he wasn't hated the way W is.
    I couldn't stand Reagan either, but his presidency was nothing like Dubya's. Bush's presidency is marked by stealing the election in 2000, ignoring the intelligence warnings about 9/11, starting an illegal war in Iraq, shredding the Constitution at every turn, war crimes, his indifference in the aftermath of Katrina, and capped off by the worst financial crisis since the Great Depression. There's not enough historical whitewashing to clean that up.

^^ Sorry, but history shows us that it happens. All the time.

Richard Lionheart is a perfect example of the historical whitewash.

He made war on his father- who was a good king. He subjected his people in Aquitane to such a ruthless reign that they rebelled, so he made war on them, killing innocent people. He went on Crusade- a holy war- killling countless Muslims, he slaughtered 3000 captive prisoners at Acre, incited a massacre of Jews in England, taxed his subjects to finance his wars until they couldn't afford to pay, left his country bankrupt....( kind of like Dubya)

His contemporaries recorded all of these events, but through historical whitewashing he's thought of by many as one of England's greatest kings.
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Gold Member

The world thanks Bush for losing to Obama

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    ^^ Sorry, but history shows us that it happens. All the time.

Richard Lionheart is a perfect example of the historical whitewash.

He made war on his father- who was a good king. He subjected his people in Aquitane to such a ruthless reign that they rebelled, so he made war on them, killing innocent people. He went on Crusade- a holy war- killling countless Muslims, he slaughtered 3000 captive prisoners at Acre, incited a massacre of Jews in England, taxed his subjects to finance his wars until they couldn't afford to pay, left his country bankrupt....( kind of like Dubya)

His contemporaries recorded all of these events, but through historical whitewashing he's thought of by many as one of England's greatest kings.
    No, history doesn't show us that all of the time. Case in point, Herbert Hoover. He was considered a horrible president during his term and he's still considered a horrible president.

History may tend to whitewash certain aspects and make a mediorce president a good or great president. But a horrible president is never turned into a great president. And Bush has created too much damage throughout the world for history to whitewash his presidency.

^^In Richard's case a horrible King was turned into a great King through whitewashing.....so why not a President? Richard created the same kind of worldwide damage in his day, drove his country into economic ruin, slaughtered the innocent, etc

It doesn't happen every time there's a bad leader, but it certainly happens enough. There are many examples in history of terrible leaders that are now exalted. And good leaders that are vilified. Too many to list.

When history is recent, the facts are still there for all to see. It doesn't mean that 400 years from now people won't see it differently. Hoover was President in the lifetime of many people that are still alive today- not exactly ancient history. That's not enough time for the full whitewash. It's only after the contemporaries are all gone that it starts.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

^^I agree that it happens sometimes, but it's still not that easy to do. Look at Ghengis Khan. None of his contemporaries are still alive and he's still painted as a ruthless warlord/leader. Same with Napolean. Some people may respect them for their military prowess, but they aren't painted as great guys.

^^ You're correct, there's enough whitewash in the world to make Dubya out to be a good guy....but just say all out religious war breaks out between Muslims and another group. Someday, somewhere Bush will end up painted as the guy who say it coming, was sounding the alarm, yada yada yada.

^^If the second Crusades broke out between Muslims & Christians, some people would paint Bush out as a hero. And then there would be others who would say he helped start it by invading Iraq. And that still wouldn't make people forget all of the damage he caused in his 8 years.

OTOH, nothing has been named for Dick Nixon, except his own library - that I know of anyway. No Nixon International Airport, no Cape Nixon, no USS Tricky Dick, no Nixon Toll Road. History isn't ready to forgive him - yet. I think if there is any forgiveness for Dubya, it'll take a lot longer than anything DickyDoo will get.

I just found this article saying that Condi is gay. I'm floored, I thought she was holding out for Bush and this is very convincing...I guess I'm the last one to know, lol...an interesting paragraph:

But rumors about Rice’s sexual orientation, fueled by a recent book by Washington Post diplomatic correspondent Glenn Kessler, which reported that Rice jointly owns a house and shared a line of credit with an unmarried woman in California, made it politically untenable for McCain to select Rice as his running mate, Halperin reported the GOP source as saying.

Sorry if this has been posted already, I just got an e-mail with this mentioned in it. Wow...lol.

^ Well that's new!

Jesus, talk about drinking the Kool-Aid.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."

I like Condi, I can't help it. But in this case, she's full of it.

Condi shouldn't project her feelings for Bush upon those of us who aren't on our knees worshipping at the altar of stupidity.

You sure that is a pipe in her mouth and not a similarly shaped cylindrical object?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information