Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Claremont, California parents clash over kindergarten Thanksgiving costumes

Quote Originally Posted by DeadDwarf View Post
    Well, we need to get rid of Thanksgiving because it doesn't teach children the complete truth, and we need to get rid of Christmas because kids learn about Santa more than Jesus and that's not Christian enough, and we need to get rid of Easter because kids like the Easter bunny and that's not what Easter is really about and we need to get rid of Halloween! On Halloween children dress up in bad outfits and worship the devil, it's a pagan holiday and its an evil tradition!!!

LET'S GET RID OF ALL THE HOLIDAYS!!!! KIDS ARE BEING MISLEAD!!!! WHO CARES IF IT'S FUN!
    STAMP OUT FUN FAST!! IT COULD SPREAD RAPIDLY!!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    STAMP OUT FUN FAST!! IT COULD SPREAD RAPIDLY!!
    Is there anything else fun that we can get rid of? I hate these traditions!!!! Fun is bad!

Is there anything else fun that we can get rid of? I hate these traditions!!!! Fun is bad!
    Birthday parties and weddings! Yes! Quickly!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Hear,hear. I wish to point out that Cynic,Dahli and Grimm do not have any children. The parents on here and the American Indians on here are siding with Grimm.
    I suggest Grimm would make a good sensible parent and possibly a brave Brave.
    This is just an observation.
    I wish to point out that who's on what side of an argument in no way lends validity to any position.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by cheetopia View Post
    I will never celebrate a day in which white imperialism started to snuff out First Nations culture. We celebrate Native culture and a general thankfulness in this household, not the pilgrims feast. But then again, I am classified as Native American.

But, I'm not opposed to allowing kids, for God's sake, kids, to dress up like Indians and Pilgrims.

I don't see what the big deal is here? I see lots of people complaining about lost childhoods. So what unless you get to stick a fake feather cap on, you have lost your childhood? What about the rest of the world that doesn't celebrate this holiday? Are they somehow broken for life because of it. American's tend to make mountains out of mole hills.

On both sides.

As much as the woman organizing this campaign is over the top so too are the people lamenting the loss of childhood because children are not encouraged to practice a fallacy any more. Instead kids are educated about what actually took place. Gosh the horror! LOL

I love when we got to do this. I would wear my costume all day, even after I got home from school. I would be outside playing, with it still on.

Good times, good time.

The only f*cked up thing was when I was real little, my male cousins got to be the Cowboys and I was the Indian....they always shot me.

Hit By Ban Bus!
    squirrels in the morning, squirrels in the evening, squirrels at suppertime!

Quote Originally Posted by Dahli View Post
    I don't see what the big deal is here? I see lots of people complaining about lost childhoods. So what unless you get to stick a fake feather cap on, you have lost your childhood? What about the rest of the world that doesn't celebrate this holiday? Are they somehow broken for life because of it. American's tend to make mountains out of mole hills.

On both sides.

As much as the woman organizing this campaign is over the top so too are the people lamenting the loss of childhood because children are not encouraged to practice a fallacy any more. Instead kids are educated about what actually took place. Gosh the horror! LOL
    Excuse me, did I not say that I saw nothing wrong with letting kids dress up as pilgrims and Indians ???????? You're obviously willfully misunderstand what I said.

I said I personally do not celebrate Thanksgiving in the traditional manner because it's a slap in the face to my ancestors but that kids should be allowed to dress however because kids should be allowed to be kids!

Jeez, reading comprehension is soooo hard!

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    I love when we got to do this. I would wear my costume all day, even after I got home from school. I would be outside playing, with it still on.

Good times, good time.

The only f*cked up thing was when I was real little, my male cousins got to be the Cowboys and I was the Indian....they always shot me.
    You should have scalped them or shot them with your bow and arrow.

^ I only had a broken down, dry rotted sling shots.

They were about 10 years older, so me and another cousin were always the punching bags.

Hear,hear.
    I wish to point out that Cynic,Dahli and Grimm do not have any children. The parents on here and the American Indians on here are siding with Grimm.
    I suggest Grimm would make a good sensible parent and possibly a brave Brave.
    This is just an observation.
    Quote Originally Posted by cynic View Post
    ...you don't have a dick and yet you give opinions on men all the time.....
    I am married to one! You are certainly entitled to give your viewpoint-I found it amusing that the 3 most adament posters were childless.Neither good nor bad-just interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    I wish to point out that who's on what side of an argument in no way lends validity to any position.
    See above. It was just an OBSERVATION of said poster,namely me,who found it amusing. I like trivia. I have noticed some other people on here like trivia.I also adjusted the post above to clarify.
    Obama had more people on his side. In his case,that was pretty valid! In this case,you are entirely correct.

4th of July's evil. Everytime a firework goes off, a demon has an orgasm.

Yes, July 4th is offensive to anybody of British extraction. How dare Americans declare their independence.

Also, Oktoberfest is offensive to uh.... uhhhhhhh.....
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

People who can't drink!
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

well technically no one over here in Ca has XMas holiday it is winter break or whatever, I know our teachers in high school could not even mentioned Xmas or the holidays period.

I am assuming that Thanksgiving now just means getting together with family, than anything else...aren't there more important issues?
    Last edited by Tati; November 27th, 2008 at 10:11 AM.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

No! The battle between good and evil is decided right here right now and it's all about feathers!
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information