Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Claremont, California parents clash over kindergarten Thanksgiving costumes

Hit By Ban Bus!

Well since that is what the original feast celebrated then its a bit harsh? I mean you don't care obviously. I sorta don't care really because I get what you are saying. But I can respect a Native American wanting it to be re examined.

Yes, it can be re-examiend when the kids are older and have learned all about cooperation already LOL.

For right now, it's harmless fun for the kids and teaches a GOOD lesson. Some good CAN come of it.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Well that seems silly. Why not just teach it correctly from the start?

Oyate Web Page

Because it's a pretty big downer?
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Then don't teach it at all. Leave it out. But don't teach a lie to little kids just to make yourself feel better.

Yeah, i hardly doubt anybody teaches little kids about construction paper feathers and pilgrims to make themselves feel better over something that happened 600 years ago.

Show of hands from white people who teach kids a truncated version of thanksgiving because of their horribly painful white guilt?

*tumbleweed*

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

I do battle with myself everyday and then I realize my white half didn't get here until the early 1900's.

Tomorrow morning I'm waking my son up at the ass crack of dawn; I'm going to shove a mirror in his face an scream "Look at your blond hair, blue eyes and white skin! You should be ashamed!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Then we'll make cool hats with feathers, glitter and glue.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Right because that's what I'm saying. Rolls eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by cynic View Post
    ....did you two read the link?.....because it says just that....the "thanksgiving" celebrations are all a bunch of horseshit and nothing at all like what happened historically.....but we all believe the "lie" because it's been repeated to us since we were children....
    So is Santa Claus and we all loved believing in him, as long as we could.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I'm totally rolling my eyes too; when I think my son is old enough I'll get him his very own copy of Lies My Teacher Told Me & Bury My Heart At Wounded Knee.

The parents bickering are a bunch of ass hats. Let the kids have some fun. My son did the funniest thing. Their teacher had been reading a story about how the pilgrims on the boat had to sleep in their clothes; explaining how they had to wear the same clothes and what not. So my son starts pulling his shirt ove rhis head telling me that he is sleeping in his clothes like the pilgrims and that his shirt will get holes in it and be dirty. Made me laugh. The teachers weren't really going into the "religious persecution" taking place when the pilgrims decided to make their journey which really bothered me.

Hit By Ban Bus!
    squirrels in the morning, squirrels in the evening, squirrels at suppertime!

I will never celebrate a day in which white imperialism started to snuff out First Nations culture. We celebrate Native culture and a general thankfulness in this household, not the pilgrims feast. But then again, I am classified as Native American.

But, I'm not opposed to allowing kids, for God's sake, kids, to dress up like Indians and Pilgrims.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    Oh for fucks sake. Does the type of cardboard buckle offend the honor of pilgrims?

What about the height of the stupid hat? Is that ok, or does it need to be exactly measured?

Does construction paper offend anybody?

Should the name of thanksgiving be changed to "wholesale slaughter of indigenous north american tribes" ?

people need to get a fucking grip. the intent is to celebrate a historical and traditional event, not purposefully rape the memories and cultures of how many people.

It is NOT blackface. Blackface is intentionally racist, degredation for entertainment. This is not.

People need to grow the fuck up. THIS IS WHY BEING A KID FUCKING SUCKS NOWADAYS because of retard adults like this PC'ing the fun out of everything even when the intent is not harmful.

Fuck, let your kids BREATHE.
    Hear,hear. I wish to point out that Cynic,Dahli and Grimm do not have any children. The parents on here and the American Indians on here are siding with Grimm.
    I suggest Grimm would make a good sensible parent and possibly a brave Brave.
    This is just an observation.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by cheetopia View Post
    I will never celebrate a day in which white imperialism started to snuff out First Nations culture. We celebrate Native culture and a general thankfulness in this household, not the pilgrims feast. But then again, I am classified as Native American.

But, I'm not opposed to allowing kids, for God's sake, kids, to dress up like Indians and Pilgrims.
    That's why you should always show up at the office on Columbus Day! I personally prefer to protest outside of banks demanding that they be open!

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    So is Santa Claus and we all loved believing in him, as long as we could.
    .....I never believed in Santa......my parents didn't shove things at us.....

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    Hear,hear. I wish to point out that Cynic,Dahli and Grimm do not have any children. The parents on here and the American Indians on here are siding with Grimm.
    I suggest Grimm would make a good sensible parent and possibly a brave Brave.
    This is just an observation.
    ...you don't have a dick and yet you give opinions on men all the time.....
    Last edited by Tati; November 27th, 2008 at 11:10 AM.

Well, we need to get rid of Thanksgiving because it doesn't teach children the complete truth, and we need to get rid of Christmas because kids learn about Santa more than Jesus and that's not Christian enough, and we need to get rid of Easter because kids like the Easter bunny and that's not what Easter is really about and we need to get rid of Halloween! On Halloween children dress up in bad outfits and worship the devil, it's a pagan holiday and its an evil tradition!!!

LET'S GET RID OF ALL THE HOLIDAYS!!!! KIDS ARE BEING MISLEAD!!!! WHO CARES IF IT'S FUN!
    Last edited by DeadDwarf; November 26th, 2008 at 01:59 PM. Reason: Typo

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information