Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Chuck Norris: Gays are Anarchists

Uh, you guys do realize that you are all correct? Right? I mean both do realize that either way there are people on both sides in the wrong...

Well, I don't know what the fuss is about the use of the words "do unto others" except for the fact the the rest is missing. If we we would all just do that, there would be no need for church-crashing or vigil-busting or Prop 8 or any of that. Everybody would be treated well and have equal rights. Jesus knew what he was talking about, y'all.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

And for the record, my point was that people persist in labelling gays as pedophiles when the vast majority certainly are not.
    gays and pedophiles are two completely different and separate things.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobelia View Post
    When you can prove to me that all religious people are guilty of hatemongering and all the misery you're referring to, then sure - paint them all with the same brush. But you can't.

And for the record, my point was that people persist in labelling gays as pedophiles when the vast majority certainly are not. It's a cheap and easy way to make the issue one-sided & crystal clear. Exact same thing going on with hating on all religious people. Cheap and easy way of avoiding the complexity of the issue, which is that opinions and perspectives regarding homosexuality vary greatly within the ranks of religious people. But go ahead, it's much easier to just call them all names & be done with it.
    Not only within the religious, but the non-religious. I don't see how people can blame the failure of Prop 8 exclusively on religious people, thats ridiculous. There are just as many non-religious people who voted for it, sad but true. Its just easier to blame the religious for its passing, when its clear that all 53% who voted yes were not part of a collective borg of bible-thumpers. Nor were all the people who voted against it non-religious, I know plenty of Christians who are lamenting the fact that it passed. Many people of all walks of life aren't comfortable with gay marriage, it doesn't necessarily have to do with religion. It would further the cause to educate these people then to defile a church that you know nothing about. Also, don't make the mistaken assumption that all gay people are non-religious or have no use for God. There are religious people who are gay (they aren't mutually exclusive) who also would condemn this attack on a place of worship.
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

Quote Originally Posted by RevellingInSane View Post
    If there is a delusional person in our midst, it isn't me. I suspect the delusional party would be someone who supports assaults and disrupting a church for the misguided notion of furthering a cause.

You don't like my stance. Yours means nothing to me, as it clearly labels anyone who dares speak out against conduct by gays, regardless of the circumstances, as a bigot. I am posing this question again. If this had been reversed, straights crashed a gay event, assuming it was legal and not on public property, uninvited and being belligerent, should straights support them? Who is delusional now?

What do I have to deal with? I don't have to protest and cause an uproar to attain anything. The propositions, votes, and subsequent conflicts don't affect my life, rights, or abilities in any way. I have them.

Do you even have a stance? What you repeatedly assert in these threads is the bigoted notion that all gays agree on actions done by gay people, which is false. I never said I supported the action of the gays in the church because I stated at least once and probably twice I'm not sure what it is they did, but the 'stance' of taking up for the bitty that got told off at the gay candlelight vigil while you simultaneosly decry the audacity of gays to enter a church and do whatever they did that has all the pious people's panties in a knot, is contradictory and ridiculous.

Congratulations on being vested with a full set of rights; however I pity you that you are so smug and detached as to not understand (or not want to understand) the motivations of people who are not as fortunate and privileged as you yourself claim to be.

Considering the first use of "do unto others" was posted by Grimm, who is known as non-religious, the questioned by myself, I don't see the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    gays and pedophiles are two completely different and separate things.
    GEEZ, I KNOW. But the stereotype exists! I didn't make it up!
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

comfortable with gay marriage.. like they'd even notice a difference.

I hate that term. Comfortable.

If they aren't geting gaymarried, then it doesn';t affect them. Idiots.

They should be shipped to an island for retards. I think Disney owns one. Miley Cyrus shows on the hour.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Please don't repost anything. You obviously did not understand, which you illustrated by asking a question clearly answered by reading the thread.

You feel your point is being missed. I feel you have no relevant point, but letting your bias cause interference.

You are not willing to examine fairly what is being said.

As for the stereotyping issue, that action in any case is wrong. While some religious people are bigoted due to religion, not all are. While every gay person is not a pedophile, some are. There is a famous club for gay pedophiles, which I will not name here, as it may violate the rules. There are religions which perpetuate hatred based on sexual orientation and race. Those stereotypes are embodied in some people, yet not all people who are members of the stereotyped group.

RIS, your arrogance in this post caught even me by surprise and I though I had your number pretty good, I have to admit. What is widely supported by history that folks here are missing is that religion
    has acted in concert with government for much of human history. In fact it's one of the things that was supposed to be unique about the U.S., separation of church and state. You can't compare the attempts of a minority to access full civil rights to the over-arching influence and wealth owned and used by these religious organizations. Well, a logical person wouldn't, anyway.

The rest of what you said is kind of a fluffy mental fart that really isn't worth responding to.

Quote Originally Posted by ymeman View Post
    Do you even have a stance? What you repeatedly assert in these threads is the bigoted notion that all gays agree on actions done by gay people, which is false. I never said I supported the action of the gays in the church because I stated at least once and probably twice I'm not sure what it is they did, but the 'stance' of taking up for the bitty that got told off at the gay candlelight vigil while you simultaneosly decry the audacity of gays to enter a church and do whatever they did that has all the pious people's panties in a knot, is contradictory and ridiculous.

Congratulations on being vested with a full set of rights; however I pity you that you are so smug and detached as to not understand (or not want to understand) the motivations of people who are not as fortunate and privileged as you yourself claim to be.
    Seriously, did you follow this thread at all? One poster stated his view of the situation and how it was a hysterical event. He defended his views of this. That one poster was questioned on his views. How does that somehow mean I believe all gays agree with the actions. Using that logic, all straights would disagree with those actions and I know that isn't true.

The old bitty was shoved. That is physical violence in retaliation for her verbal disagreement. That is what I do not support. It was a vigil. A public vigil. They did not have to like what she said, but they had no right to harm her and she had a right to state her feelings, like it or not. While her words were hurtful, no one had a right to touch her. In the case of the church, they entered and caused disruption for no reason. I don't support that either.

If you don't know what was done, how can you even have the nerve to accuse me of being bias? No knowledge of the circumstances? No relevancy in what you state.

I won't bother quoting your subsequent post. There is no arrogance. You see arrogance. You admitted you are commenting on this and you don't even know what happened. That may be the reason you don't understand and, consequently, have no relevant point.

That whoosh isn't a mental fart. It's the air being displaced as relevant points sail just above your cranium.

Chuck Norris is going to roundhouse kick the gay out of everyone!

He's just mad nobody wants his karate peepaw ass.

Seriously, did you follow this thread at all? One poster stated his view of the situation and how it was a hysterical event. He defended his views of this. That one poster was questioned on his views. How does that somehow mean I believe all gays agree with the actions. Using that logic, all straights would disagree with those actions and I know that isn't true.

The old bitty was shoved. That is physical violence in retaliation for her verbal disagreement. That is what I do not support. It was a vigil. A public vigil. They did not have to like what she said, but they had no right to harm her and she had a right to state her feelings, like it or not. While her words were hurtful, no one had a right to touch her. In the case of the church, they entered and caused disruption for no reason. I don't support that either.

If you don't know what was done, how can you even have the nerve to accuse me of being bias? No knowledge of the circumstances? No relevancy in what you state.

I won't bother quoting your subsequent post. There is no arrogance. You see arrogance. You admitted you are commenting on this and you don't even know what happened. That may be the reason you don't understand and, consequently, have no relevant point.

That whoosh isn't a mental fart. It's the air being displaced as relevant points sail just above your cranium.

One distortion after another. Sigh...that truly is a privileged existence. Reality is better though, you should give it a whirl.

I am definitely in reality. If I wasn't, everyone would be happy and live exactly as they wanted to. This debate, and the issues it stems from, prove where we all are.

Carry on. You have nothing relevant to add, so move on to insults and aggression. Have fun doing that.

Pattern emerging?

I am definitely in reality. If I wasn't, everyone would be happy and live exactly as they wanted to. This debate, and the issues it stems from, prove where we all are.

Carry on. You have nothing relevant to add, so move on to insults and aggression. Have fun doing that.

Pattern emerging?
    I have nothing relevant to add so why do you keep responding? Am I, as they say around here, stuck in your craw? (Though I have to assert I am fully capable of both insulting you and adding relevant points simultaneously).

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information