Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Chuck Norris: Gays are Anarchists

Quote Originally Posted by ymeman View Post
    It appears to me you are explaining the concept of do unto others, (you know, the part where you contradict yourself, before where you say the post wasn't conceptual but instead about whether the places have actual doorways or not, or something...)

I don't think you are a religious zealot in hiding, I think you are a bigot in plain view.
    I see the answer is no.

The fact you see a contradiction shows your bias. Legally, there is no contradiction. Public and private are quite clear. To most anyway.

I am a bigot because I don't support this type of asinine, uncivil, atrocious behavior? Call me any name you want to. I won't throw punches or shove those who agree with criminal conduct. I am above that.

It's just as erroneous & bigoted to brand all religious people as hatemongers as it is to brand all homosexuals as pedophiles (or any other number of stereotypes).
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Of course you are, dear.

See, religion and bigotry go hand in hand usually.

Pedophiles go after kids. Gays don't.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

It's all stereotyping and it's all unfair.

A canned response for those who have finally recognized their assertions are incorrect.

Next?

Quote Originally Posted by Lobelia View Post
    It's just as erroneous & bigoted to brand all religious people as hatemongers as it is to brand all homosexuals as pedophiles (or any other number of stereotypes).

this is one of those lovely equations that makes sense on first hearing but doesn't take into account the fact that there is no statistical evidence to support homosexuals being pedophiles (in fact the statistics overwhelmingly disprove it) but there is plenty of evidence going back thousands of years, to demonstrate the damage that the God-mobs have done to humanity in the name of whatever brand of cult they are following. I'm not atheist but as soon as the tribe starts leaning to 'holier than' or 'better than' or our rituals are the 'real' rituals and our god is the 'real' god, things get mighty screwed up, quick.

Quote Originally Posted by RevellingInSane View Post
    A canned response for those who have finally recognized their assertions are incorrect.

Next?

Don't delude yourself. Unless that's the only way you can deal, which is what I'm beginning to suspect.

*sits back with a carved in grin, cackling at the chaos he's started*
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    *sits back with a carved in grin, cackling at the chaos he's started*

Bastid!!!

this is one of those lovely equations that makes sense on first hearing but doesn't take into account the fact that there is no statistical evidence to support homosexuals being pedophiles (in fact the statistics overwhelmingly disprove it) but there is plenty of evidence going back thousands of years, to demonstrate the damage that the God-mobs have done to humanity in the name of whatever brand of cult they are following. I'm not atheist but as soon as the tribe starts leaning to 'holier than' or 'better than' or our rituals are the 'real' rituals and our god is the 'real' god, things get mighty screwed up, quick.
    When you can prove to me that all religious people are guilty of hatemongering and all the misery you're referring to, then sure - paint them all with the same brush. But you can't.

And for the record, my point was that people persist in labelling gays as pedophiles when the vast majority certainly are not. It's a cheap and easy way to make the issue one-sided & crystal clear. Exact same thing going on with hating on all religious people. Cheap and easy way of avoiding the complexity of the issue, which is that opinions and perspectives regarding homosexuality vary greatly within the ranks of religious people. But go ahead, it's much easier to just call them all names & be done with it.

Don't delude yourself. Unless that's the only way you can deal, which is what I'm beginning to suspect.
    If there is a delusional person in our midst, it isn't me. I suspect the delusional party would be someone who supports assaults and disrupting a church for the misguided notion of furthering a cause.

You don't like my stance. Yours means nothing to me, as it clearly labels anyone who dares speak out against conduct by gays, regardless of the circumstances, as a bigot. I am posing this question again. If this had been reversed, straights crashed a gay event, assuming it was legal and not on public property, uninvited and being belligerent, should straights support them? Who is delusional now?

What do I have to deal with? I don't have to protest and cause an uproar to attain anything. The propositions, votes, and subsequent conflicts don't affect my life, rights, or abilities in any way. I have them.

I feel like I should just post my original post again because you totally missed the point. I think your post is the 'cheap and easy way of avoiding the complexity of the issue', that's why I went to the trouble of delineating how and why your conclusions are wrong.

I get your post. It's not rocket science. You're saying that the stereotype of the gay pedophile is not backed up by fact, yet there is documented history of religious people persecuting & harming others, so the stereotype IS based on fact. Right?

Well, pfffttt, it doesn't matter. It's all still stereotyping, and it's all still wrong because not all religious people are hatemongering bigots. Do you get it?

Please don't repost anything. You obviously did not understand, which you illustrated by asking a question clearly answered by reading the thread.

You feel your point is being missed. I feel you have no relevant point, but letting your bias cause interference.

You are not willing to examine fairly what is being said.

As for the stereotyping issue, that action in any case is wrong. While some religious people are bigoted due to religion, not all are. While every gay person is not a pedophile, some are. There is a famous club for gay pedophiles, which I will not name here, as it may violate the rules. There are religions which perpetuate hatred based on sexual orientation and race. Those stereotypes are embodied in some people, yet not all people who are members of the stereotyped group.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information