Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff calls homosexuality "immoral"

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed Hour View Post
    You know what? I totally agree with you, 100%. However, I don't think this guy is much different than many in the general population in his personal beliefs.

I have plenty of friends that have no issue with abortion, interracial dating, and other things that others perceive as "immoral" But bring up homosexuality and they literally scare the beejesus out me with their fervor of how it's "immoral and against God's law". Some of the same people climbed up on the table in the clinic and had an abortion. But two people who love each other are immoral and going to burn. Humans, by nature, are just a bunch of big old hypocrites.
    Then the vast majority of people are fucking retards, which doesn't surprise me. The human genome needs a healthy dose of bleach.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed Hour View Post
    It's just his opinion, which he is entitled to right?
    Of course he's entitled to his opinion, but there is a time and a place for everything and if he wants to voice his disproval of gays he should do it in the privacy of his own home. He's not a regular Joe here, he's a face of the government and should keep his mouth shut with opinions like these.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Born In A Brothel View Post
    Of course he's entitled to his opinion, but there is a time and a place for everything and if he wants to voice his disproval of gays he should do it in the privacy of his own home.
    sometimes that's worse tho brothel..people who act gracious and normal outside and then in the privacy of their own homes they are racist/homophobic/dreadful

i've thought about this issue a bit...sometimes i'd almost rather have the public declaration of these sentiments by people, at least you sort of know what they are really like then....

Quote Originally Posted by Born In A Brothel View Post
    Of course he's entitled to his opinion, but there is a time and a place for everything and if he wants to voice his disproval of gays he should do it in the privacy of his own home. He's not a regular Joe here, he's a face of the government and should keep his mouth shut with opinions like these.
    Well the thing is he's a face of a unit of the government that has been in some ways traditionally homophobic. Pace is not stupid, he has a master's degree, he damned well knew what he could and could not get away with. I think his statements were truly "planned." In the light of recent discussions on gays and the military, pace had to put in his two cents worth as the overall highest ranking military member, that he thinks homosexuality is immoral and by default no way would he allow gays to serve openly and whatnot. With his sentiments out in the open and the tone set, he can then "retract" it a teeny bit by saying that he only regrets airing his thoughts in public.

Shrewd man he is.

Quote Originally Posted by xoxo View Post
    sometimes that's worse tho brothel..people who act gracious and normal outside and then in the privacy of their own homes they are racist/homophobic/dreadful

i've thought about this issue a bit...sometimes i'd almost rather have the public declaration of these sentiments by people, at least you sort of know what they are really like then....
    People like him that are motivated by religious beliefs, sadly cannot be educated.

My opinion is he should keep his mouth shut, because I already know the type of people that are serving under Bush.

In fact, you'd be surprised by what the GOP'ers are saying about this on some political forums. They think it's the greatest thing and a hug defeat, that comments like these should be made by those in government to send a message to the younger populace and voters.

It's sickening.

Quote Originally Posted by celeb_2006 View Post
    Well the thing is he's a face of a unit of the government that has been in some ways traditionally homophobic. Pace is not stupid, he has a master's degree, he damned well knew what he could and could not get away with. I think his statements were truly "planned." In the light of recent discussions on gays and the military, pace had to put in his two cents worth as the overall highest ranking military member, that he thinks homosexuality is immoral and by default no way would he allow gays to serve openly and whatnot. With his sentiments out in the open and the tone set, he can then "retract" it a teeny bit by saying that he only regrets airing his thoughts in public.

Shrewd man he is.
    Thank you! I think too he knew what he was doing. I'm telling you, the fundies are loving every minute of this. They are even going nuts that H.Clinton would rather wind her watch than answer questions about this Pace statement.

To say they are having a field day with it is an understatement.

I'd like to handcuff him and then smash his face into each and every grave of a gay serviceman or woman who's died to protect his right to be a complete fucking idiot. I would delight in seeing his teeth decorate those tombstones.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

you know grimm i like your evil mind
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information