Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Caroline Kennedy ends Senate bid

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LynnieD View Post
    They were gonna drudge everything up under the sun that they could---those who opposed her. She has some 'issues' apparently in her marriage as well..

It was all gonna come out.
    not suprised. she married an old man

We will know tomorrow at 11am.
    Last edited by *DIVA!; January 22nd, 2009 at 07:27 PM.

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Well when the hell did she suddenly lose the 'Schollesganena=gnbaer' married name??

I don't fucking know what the hell her married name is, but you know what I mean.

Suddenly, she's JUST A KENNEDY. See, that's an issue.

schlossberg doesn't have quite the same political cachet.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

^^And there you go Witchcurl!! THANK YOU!

I heard a rumor several years ago that Caroline and Schlossberg had separated - at least for a time, but could never find anything on any website to substantiate it. Anybody know anything about that?

This story is getting juicier by the minute. Rumors are flying everywhere that Caroline has been having an affair with Arthur Sulzberger Jr- publisher of the NY Times.

I wonder why the Times wasn't as quick to publish that rumour as they were to publish the McCain affair rumors...hmm

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

Rumors of an affair...

They need to talk about the incompetency of the Governor of New York State...

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Governor says Caroline was 'nasty' and 'disrespectful'

Gov. Paterson rapped Caroline Kennedy at a private event the night before he tapped Kirsten Gillibrand for the Senate, telling guests Kennedy had been "nasty" to him and shown "disrespect" with how she bowed out, attendees told The Post.

The governor's attack came just hours after his office issued a statement wishing her well and disavowing quotes from a source close to him who had told The Post Kennedy had never been in true contention for the seat and was "mired" in personal issues.

And the gripes came a day after Kennedy pulled out of the race on the heels of hours of tit-for-tat between the two sides.

Asked at the event about what had happened with Kennedy, Paterson told the group that he was put off by how the neophyte politician handled her withdrawal from the race for Hillary Clinton's seat.

Much of the issue was "about respect," said one guest.

Paterson said that Kennedy had called him to say she was having second thoughts and "he asked her to wait a day and he thought she had agreed," another attendee recalled.

Then, he said, he couldn't get her on the phone for hours.

"He was absolutely frustrated that he couldn't reach her," the guest said of how Paterson described the scene. "He thought maybe she was sick. He felt she was being nasty to him, that she showed great disrespect."

Kennedy's six-week political career was marked by a string of miscues as she faired poorly in interviews and was hit by criticism and questions about whether she was up to the job.

As for Paterson on Thursday, a source close to him said Kennedy was never in true contention because of issues over taxes, a nanny and questions about her marriage.

Later in the day, the governor's statement insisted nothing that came up in the vetting process had been disqualifying.

Paterson told the group Thursday night he didn't believe she'd left the race because of "any of those issues," one of the guests said, but added the governor didn't know what the reason was.

Kennedy's team insists she "became aware of a personal issue" midday Wednesday, called to drop out, and the governor asked her to give it 24 hours to think about it. Then, after going back and forth, she threw in the towel.

But her side claims she'd been led to believe she was likely to get the nod.

After dining in Midtown last night, Kennedy said of Gillibrand:
    "I wish her well and I wish her good luck."

A Kennedy aide who was asked about Paterson's remarks, replied the governor was going "nuclear" because "he doesn't want it to look like Gillibrand was his second choice."

The governor's office had no comment.

GOV SAYS CAROLINE TURNED 'NASTY' - New York Post

the musdslinging begins.......

She probably didn't want all the skeletons to come rushing out of the closet.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information