Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Canadian university to Ann Coulter: Watch your mouth, bitch.

The audience should have heckled her after that till she left, stupid cunt. Fuck i hate her and everything she represents.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

HAHAHAHAH the "event" in Ottawa has been cancelled due to security concerns after 2000 pissed off protesters showed up, pulled the fire alarm, general mayhem

OTTAWA — Concerns for "public safety" forced the cancellation of American conservative commentator Ann Coulter's speaking engagement at the University of Ottawa Tuesday night.

Several hundred people, including students from both Carleton University and the University of Ottawa, showed up prior to Coulter's speech. The loudest and most vociferous were protesting her presence, drowning out a smaller group of pro-Coulter demonstrators.

Ottawa police had more than nine squad cars at the scene, at the university's Marion Hall. But the event was cancelled about 8:15 p.m. — before Coulter had a chance to speak.

"It's a public safety issue," said Sgt. Dan Beauchamp.

Coulter stirred controversy even before she arrived in Ottawa. The university's student federation objected to her even appearing on campus, going so far as to ban posters advertising her speaking engagement.

Coulter's Ottawa speech cancelled over 'public safety' fears
    That's what you get, cow.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    hate to break it to you, but we had a shit ton of protests regarding gay marriage and abortion and none of them were ever broken up or stopped from happening

we even had that loser Phelps up here, and helped him burn a canadian flag when he couldn't get it lit. right in front of parliament.
    Just to add to this ... I think that this country embodied one of the purest examples of democracy when we witnessed the official secessionist party to become the Official Opposition in Parliament. The Bloc Quebecois party's only raison d'etre is to dismantle the country of Canada by allowing Quebec to separate and become an independent country. Where else would we see this happen? I thought this was a great example of free speech and democracy and allowing the people to speak. It is a very open place where you can say what you wish, do what you want, marry whom you wish, smoke a nice fattie in the park, LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by buttmunch View Post
    Oh, and Coulter is an asshole. I can't wait until she's outed as the coke-sniffing she-male that she is.
    I'm so with you on that. And the thing of it is, I really do think she may be a she-male. Quite seriously.
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

A*O

Grimm secretly wants Ann Coulter to set him straight. Fact.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    HAHAHAHAHA! Good one!

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post

LOL - I believe that Grimm may well be attracted to Coulter but that is because "she" is actually a he.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

You're all fucking retarded, cuz i'd shoot that bitch square in the face if i had the chance and would suffer no consequences.

Or set her on fire.

Or infect her with Ebola.

Or stuff a fistful of asbestos powder down her throat.

Or spray her with that flesh eating disease.

Or feed her to sharks.

Or infect her with a ton of intestinal parasites.

Or give her dementia.

Or push her off a tall building.

Or chase her with a wheat thresher.

i'm quite proud of my university. good job standing up to this retarded cow.

Open Bar

Even Canadians Can't Tolerate Ann Coulter

by Andrew Cohen
    March 24, 2010, 11:48 AM

Never mind health-care coverage, men’s hockey, or smoked meat. What really distinguishes Canadians from Americans these days is common courtesy in public discourse. The Canadians still have it, the Americans don’t. This explains entirely how and why the normally tepid Canadians would rise up Tuesday night and refuse to allow Ann Coulter, noted American shit-disturber, to speak at the University of Ottawa.
    Hundreds of students in Canada’s capital protested Coulter’s planned speech there after she insulted another group of Canadian students, at the University of Western Ontario, on Monday night. “Take a camel,” if you don’t own a flying carpet, she told a 17-year-old Muslim girl at U.W.O. who had asked about flight restrictions following the terror attacks upon America. True to form, after the cancellation, Coulter insulted her hosts—most of whom had not protested her appearance. “The University of Ottawa is really easy to get into, isn’t it? I never get any trouble at the Ivy League schools. It’s always the bush league schools.”
    That this is Coulter’s eternal shtick—cruel, offensive, bullying, but kidding, just kidding!—generated little sympathy or understanding from our friendly neighbors to the north. Canadian politics can be rough and tumble, too. When I was a kid growing up in Montreal, the Mounties patrolled our streets in the fall of 1970 looking for mailbox bombs planted by domestic terrorists. But for the most part, Canada’s penchant for civility in all things has caused it to reject the ugly tone and tenor of people like Coulter. Generally speaking, Canadians simply have better things to do than to be hurtful to one another, especially under the guise of religious or political speech.
    Indeed, the University of Ottawa’s provost, Francois Houle, had warned Coulter before any of her Canadian appearances that the country’s free speech laws (and hate speech laws) are different from those purely American principles which emanate from the First Amendment. “Promoting hatred against any identifiable group would not only be considered inappropriate, but could in fact lead to criminal charges,” Houle gently told Coulter before she arrived. “I therefore ask you, while you are a guest on our campus, to weigh your words with respect and civility in mind.”
    Those of us who have endured Coulter here in America for all these years are used to her cruel rhetoric and silly tactics. But the rest of the world clearly hasn’t been paying attention. So Canadians were shocked when Coulter promptly responded to Houle’s letter by labeling herself a victim of a hate crime. Later, explaining herself, she told reporters: “I can say it a lot quicker with a joke, and by the way, they wouldn’t be bringing me in here for a speech if I never told a joke, if I never used satire.”
    I don’t know whether people are laughing with Coulter anymore so much as laughing at her. Either that or the Canadian sense of satire just isn’t what Coulter reckoned it would be. From the public reactions I’ve read so far it’s clear that many Canadians—I would wager the vast majority of Canadians, in fact—simply didn’t like the fact that an invited guest had come to their country, mocked their rules about civility, and then applied her own low standards to public discourse. The message from the Great White North thus couldn’t be much clearer: Don’t go away mad, Ann, just go away.

Even Canadians Can't Tolerate Ann Coulter | VF Daily | Vanity Fair
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I don’t know whether people are laughing with Coulter anymore so much as laughing at her.
    I'd be deeply disturbed if anyone was laughing WITH her.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information