Page 9 of 246 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast
Like Tree9988Likes

Thread: Can we talk about this Trump thing?

I'll be moving to Canada if this happens.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Is there a source for the image?
    sluce likes this.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

Real Politics is the best source for poll results. They gather all different polls so you can see true comparisons. The polls vary greatly from state to state.

RealClearPolitics - 2016 Latest Polls

Trump vs Clinton shows he is losing momentum.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epo...nton-5491.html

But Carson is gaining.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epo...nton-5119.html

It will be interesting to see how these shift in the next few weeks.
    Last edited by sluce; November 17th, 2015 at 08:29 PM.
    witchcurlgirl and twitchy2.0 like this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Just the other day i read a piece pointing out hat at this point in the last election cycle the GOP front runner was Herman Cain. Remember him?

I read a lot of right wing websites. The three main guys that posters there seem to support are Cruz, Carson and Trump. The opposition to Trump there seems to mostly be that he's not conservative enough, his anti immigration rhetoric aside. The others barely have any vocal supporters.
    LastLook likes this.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

A*O

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    Is there a source for the image?

Reuters Polling
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

thanks.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    Just the other day i read a piece pointing out hat at this point in the last election cycle the GOP front runner was Herman Cain. Remember him?

I read a lot of right wing websites. The three main guys that posters there seem to support are Cruz, Carson and Trump. The opposition to Trump there seems to mostly be that he's not conservative enough, his anti immigration rhetoric aside. The others barely have any vocal supporters.
    This is why I don't ever take early polls as meaningful--necessarily. I have had a feeling for years that the Repubs will go with Rubio, if not for POTUS then VPOTUS. These early numbers don't mean shit. Didn't Michelle Bachman win Iowa back in 2008 or 2012? Scary, but didn't happen. I had a very close family member run for and almost win a governorship. I learned several things from that, a few of which I will share here (and I know you guys aren't dummies, but unless you've experienced it as family I can't imagine it would be the same): 1). Do not EVER think political commercials are on the up-and-up. This may seem obvious, but they are insidious. At best, they are taking a phrase out of context, then creating a straw-man narrative out of it that people will be emotionally drawn to, to HATE someone. This is a bullshit tactic that people respond to. 2). Rumors are a verbal virus. This is not a revelation, but in politics, it can kill you. They perpetuate, regardless of their veracity. And people believe them, I imagine because they probably heard "it" from a friend. Almost all of it is bullshit. 3). It's all about the money. You can be the best person on Earth, want to help people...big money will convince the voter to distrust you. It's bizarre, and disheartening.

Anyway, I don't think Trump will stay in.
    Burt Johnson: I don't drink because drinking affects your decision-making.
    Arthur: You may be right. I can't decide.

Elite Member

Look out, look out The Donald's about ..

Trump 'not opposed to Muslim database'

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/world/trump-not-opposed-to-muslim-database/ar-BBnecKe?li=AA4RE4&ocid=

BBC News
    1 hour ago

© Reuters Donald Trump said the US would have do things for security that were 'unthinkable' a year ago

Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump has said he would be open to having a "Muslim database" in the US in the wake of the Paris attacks.

Mr Trump said in an interview with Yahoo Politics that he would consider "drastic measures" for monitoring the community.

Asked if that may include registering Muslims in a database or using special ID cards, he did not rule it out.

Islamic State militants said they carried out the attacks in Paris.

The suicide bombs and shootings at various venues across the French capital killed 129 people on Friday.

"We're going to have to do things we never did before," said Mr Trump, a frontrunner in the Republican race for the White House.

"And some people are going to be upset about it, but I think that now everybody is feeling security is going to rule."

He told Yahoo Politics certain things would have to be done "that we never thought would happen in this country in terms of information and learning about the enemy".

The US is going to have to do certain things that were "frankly unthinkable a year ago," said the billionaire businessman, who has previously said mosques should come under surveillance and Syrians should be deported.

Dozens of state governors and Republican lawmakers have called for a halt to the processing of Syrian refugees into the US.

One of the suicide bombers in Paris is thought to have entered Europe with refugees fleeing the Syrian civil war.

Retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson, another leading contender in the Republican race for president, compared Syrian refugees to dogs while talking to reporters in Alabama on Tuesday.

"If there's a rabid dog running around in your neighbourhood, you're probably not going to assume something good about that dog," Mr Carson said. "And you're probably going to put your children out of the way. That doesn't mean that you hate all dogs."

A bill tightening the vetting restrictions is due to come before Congress on Thursday.

This week, President Barack Obama criticised Republicans as hysterical and un-American for saying the US should not accept Muslim refugees.

Can any of you imagine Trump in charge of the US Army? We'd have WWIII in 20 seconds flat.

You are so wrong, Bella. He would decimate the evil in the world and lead us all to utopia.
    A*O likes this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

...and deliver us from evil.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

"If there's a rabid dog running around in your neighbourhood, you're probably not going to assume something good about that dog," Mr Carson said. "And you're probably going to put your children out of the way. That doesn't mean that you hate all dogs."
    I'd like to think Carson is talking about Trump here.
    ikmccall, witchcurlgirl and sluce like this.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump has said he would be open to having a "Muslim database" in the US in the wake of the Paris attacks.
    But a national database and universal background checks for firearm owners remain totally unnecessary. 'Cause the 2nd amendment is more freedomy than the 1st

We should like, make all the Muslims wear yellow crescents so we know who they are. That's a great idea, I wonder why no one ever thought of something like that...

Last edited by witchcurlgirl; November 20th, 2015 at 09:56 AM.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

George Takei wrote a beautiful piece to Trump showing how what he wants is like how we treated Asians during WWII, and his personal experience of his family being detained for four years even though they were citizens.
    Kittylady and gas_chick like this.

Watching the Today show, and they had a report on the comments made by both Trump and Carson; a reporter asked Trump what would be the difference between having Muslims register and when Jews had to register in Nazi Germany. Initially, he completely ignored the question, and then he asked the reporter "who" he was with (NBC), and then responded to the question by saying "I don't know, you tell me...". Uh, no, Mr. Trump, [I]you[I] tell me, you made the comment, now answer the question.
    witchcurlgirl, sluce and KrisNine like this.

Thread Information