Page 7 of 246 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast
Like Tree9988Likes

Thread: Can we talk about this Trump thing?

They came in droves to be trained by the American workers at my husband's company. Then the returned home and make 1/3 of the salary of American workers.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellatheball View Post
    They came in droves to be trained by the American workers at my husband's company. Then the returned home and make 1/3 of the salary of American workers.
    Off topic (per usual) I have a friend that always says the wrong words or sayings for things. She would say "they came in groves". Carry on.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

I didn't read the entire thread, but I can't help but think of an article I saw on The Onion recently and laugh. It was something akin to millions of women supporting Trump because they found it refreshing being belittled and degraded right to their faces instead of behind their backs. 😃
    twitchy2.0 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    I actually agree with him on the H1B visas. Many tech companies have been, over the past 10-15 years or so, bringing in, particularly, Indian nationals, paying them a 1/4-1/5 of what they pay American workers, make the American workers train them and then fire the whole American department. That is NOT what the H1B visas were intended for.

There is no way for Americans to compete with that. The immigrants get their higher education for free or for pennies on the dollar and then they come here and work for nothing because what they make here (and mostly send back to their home countries) can make their families back home wealthy by the standards there.

I remember a big story back in 2004 ( a friend was involved) where about 40 Americans trained an influx of H1B workers and then they were all laid off. It was a pretty big tech company in Hartford I believe. It was quite awhile ago, hard to remember the details.
    That's been happening at Fireman's Fund insurance. An old friend of mine has worked there for decades. She was one of the few lucky ones who was deemed worthy of keeping, probably because (IMO anyway) she's really underpaid relative to her value. But about half of her other fellow employees have been replaced by India employees or laid off. A few of the Indians couldn't stay for whatever reasons, and the one nice thing my friend got out of it was that she really hit it off with one of the young women she trained, and now has a good friend in India.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellatheball View Post

I think the novelty will wear off and he'll ultimately do some good by giving people the balls to stand up and say what they think. All of that aside, the idea of Trump leading this country scares the ever living shit out of me. I can't imagine he will go the distance. Imagine him trying to negotiate foreign policy. OMG. We'd be leveled within a month.
    Yeah, exactly! Though there is one foreign leader he might kinda get along with...

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    People are right to be focussing on uncontrolled, illegal immigration; have you seen what's happening in Europe at the moment? It's truly shocking and scary and the authorities have no idea how to handle it.
    I was just reading a bit about that. Something like 800,000 people are supposed to pour into Germany within the next six months?!? And that's just part of the flood. There's way more, and all the Eurozone countries are being pressured to accommodate them, including places like the UK who already have such a large immigrant population. They say it's the hugest refugee migration since WWII. Many are Syrians fleeing ISIS, of course. What a nightmare. Nobody could blame them for running for their lives. I stumbled across some unbearable photographs, I'm thinking it was LiveLeak....butchered Syrian children. I can't imagine the horror they are going through there.
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

A*O

Many of them are Syrian refugees fleeing the ISIS monster that the West really isn't doing much about tackling properly. The half-assed and wholly inadequate military response amounts to an average of one bomb per day on ISIS strongholds throughout the region. That'll learn 'em.

But many of these "refugees" are economic migrants, mostly single young men aged 18-30 from places like Bangladesh and Africa. They believe the people smugglers who tell them that Europe is the land of milk and honey with jobs for all if you want one, and free welfare if you don't. There's nothing wrong with seeking a better life away from the poverty they are leaving behind, but European taxpayers can't support this overwhelming number of people and violence is already erupting in many places, especially around the borders where the authorities simply can't cope. I predict martial law at some point but even that won't stop the flood of people which is already well over 2 million by some estimates.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    Australia's borders have a degree of natural protection because it's an island. People have to either fly in or come by boat. We had an influx of "refugees" under the previous Govt who decided to effectively open the borders and allow thousands of (mostly) illegal economic migrants to arrive by boats organised by people smugglers. Most of these people were allowed to stay and become reliant on welfare as few have any useful skills or qualifications. Quite a few were Iranian criminals who were released from prison and sent here to be someone else's problem. This Govt has taken a more robust approach, intercepted illegal boats and forced them back to where they came from, mostly Indonesia. As a result there have been no boat arrivals in over a year, much to the chagrin of the #Offenderati.

If you want to come and work in Australia you can do so but you have to come via the front door with a firm job offer and a 457 Visa. That system is subject to abuse too but that's another rant.
    Well that's complete bullshit.

1. The flow of asylum seekers is still happening, but we aren't hearing about them because they are being illegally turned back at sea and dying in leaky boats

2. There was no flood. Asylum seekers make up just 8% of Australia's annual migration intake (regular and otherwise.)

3. There are far more "illegal immigrants" (which is a fucking horrible loaded term in any event) in the community as visa overstayers from Europe, America and Asian than the scary desperate brown people from MENA that our government is so keen to make us hate

4. Australia receives a MINUTE amount of asylum seekers comparatively. 20,010 in 2012, compared to 89,560 in Germany or 230,442 in South Africa

5. IT IS LEGAL TO SEEK ASYLUM.

6. Once we've tortured them in unnecessary detention centres, made them relive their trauma before a refugee review tribunal and granted access to the community, many asylum seekers aren't eligible for any welfare payments. Those that are get less than the ordinary Australian. Most asylum seekers living in the community are dependant on charity for basic needs, and work even when they shouldn't be - for example, a client I had recently in a community legal centre had a horrible personal history of trauma and torture, including seeing people commit suicide by hanging and cutting their veins while in immigration detention in Darwin and Christmas Island. When he was released into the community, he saw one of his close friends kill themselves by hanging from a tree. The only job he can get is in meat processing - ie surrounded by carcasses hanging from chains in a processing line all day. He's on the verge of killing himself now.

Sources:
    http://www.amnesty.org.au/resources/...t_flyer_A5.pdf
    Asylum Seeker Resource Centre | Fact Sheets
    Myths & facts surrounding refugee
    Boat arrivals - Refugee Council of Australia
    personal experience working in community law and human rights
    Sarzy, twitchy2.0, *DIVA! and 1 others like this.

A*O

Feeling better now? Now what's your solution?
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

Minimal quarantine for health checks. Community based solutions. Increase refugee intake. Get rid of this offshore detention nonsense. publicly call out anyone who tries to perpetuate bullshit xenophobic lies.

Basically be human, instead of arseholes.

Germany is managing it. https://www.facebook.com/ajplusengli...7543059387205/

A*O

Germany alone is dealing with 800,000 African and Middle Eastern new arrivals so far this year. That's 100,000 per month. They are building "tent cities" in municipal city parks to accommodate them. Then what?

And please don't bold at me. It makes you seem a bit strident.

From the Lack of Self Awareness files...

Since deleted from his timeline, I believe.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

I saw this posted on D Listed, and Michael K later added that he was informed that this tweet was not from the real Donald Trump account...

Quote Originally Posted by Sassiness View Post
    Minimal quarantine for health checks. Community based solutions. Increase refugee intake. Get rid of this offshore detention nonsense. publicly call out anyone who tries to perpetuate bullshit xenophobic lies.

Basically be human, instead of arseholes.

Germany is managing it. https://www.facebook.com/ajplusengli...7543059387205/
    Actually, it sounds like they are not: Germany calls for fairer distribution of refugees in Europe | Reuters

Germany is struggling to cope with the influx of refugees.
    The country has witnessed over a hundred arson attacks on asylum shelters. Last weekend, more than 30 police were injured in clashes in the eastern town of Heidenau, near Dresden, when a protest against a refugee shelter there got out of hand.

Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post
    Off topic (per usual) I have a friend that always says the wrong words or sayings for things. She would say "they came in groves". Carry on.
    I have a friend that says, "Flustrated." I want to smack her every time she says it. She's one of those that's never wrong. lol
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Actually, it sounds like they are not: Germany calls for fairer distribution of refugees in Europe | Reuters
    Germany is struggling to cope with the influx of refugees.
    The country has witnessed over a hundred arson attacks on asylum shelters. Last weekend, more than 30 police were injured in clashes in the eastern town of Heidenau, near Dresden, when a protest against a refugee shelter there got out of hand.
    Europe is a mess right now. They really do not know how to handle all these refugees. It is heartbreaking.

A*O

I predict riots leading to martial law and complete chaos very soon. It's that serious. I also think we're going to see the rise of extreme right wing groups who will take to the streets demanding action, with violence if necessary.

I'm going to the UK next month so I can judge for myself whether the reports we read are exaggerated. I don't think they are.

Page 7 of 246 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast

Thread Information