Page 37 of 246 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940414787137 ... LastLast
Like Tree9992Likes

Thread: Can we talk about this Trump thing?

I think he was hoping the Democrats would sue for him, then he wouldn't look like the bad guy. He's so arrogant though, I doubt his ego will let this go. His little "concession speech" was too gracious. I didn't believe it for one second.

Anybody else surprised by Rubio? For a while there, they weren't sure who would come in second. I haven't really been paying attention to him, other than knowing he's a hardline Republican.

I read Bernie is looking into getting a recount or some variation of that.

Wednesday, Feb 3, 2016 08:42 AM EST

Sarah Palin urges people to support Donald Trump because he thinks like Justin Bieber

Mock her word-salad all you like -- sometimes it does turn into delicious ambrosia VIDEO
    Scott Eric Kaufman

Sarah Palin (Credit: CNN)

On “The Lead” Tuesday, former half-term Alaska governor and failed vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin discussed how happy she was that her candidate of choice, Donald Trump, had “seen the light” when it comes to abortion — just like Justin Bieber.
    ““I am so glad that Mr. Trump has seen the light and understands the sanctity of innocent life and how a baby in the womb should be most protected,” she began.
    “What has been kind of sad about this situation though, politically speaking, are there are groups that are pro-life and they say they want to bring more people into the fold.”
    “They’re giving Trump a hard time for his past views on abortion where they’re celebrating others, like, I was going through a list,” Palin said. “Like Justin Bieber and — ”

“Justin Bieber?” Tapper replied.
    “Yeah, he’s made statements, understanding the sanctity of life, but in the past said it was no big deal to him. He’s just one example.”
    Bieber told “Rolling Stone” in 2011 that “everything happens for a reason,” so even in cases of rape or incest, abortion was wrong because “it’s like killing a baby.”
    Watch the entire interview via YouTube.

Sarah Palin urges people to support Donald Trump because he thinks like Justin Bieber - Salon.com

MORE FUN!!!!!!

Donald Trump joins Hitler and Stalin as an extremely unlikely nominee for the Nobel Peace Prize

Written by Svati Kirsten Narula
    February 03, 2016

This Monday (Feb. 1) was the Nobel Committee’s deadline for accepting nominations for its annual Peace Prize. As usual, it didn’t take long for rumors to start circulating about the nominees, including US Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump.
    The brazen businessman is best known these days for his proposals to wall off the US-Mexico border and ban Muslims from entering the country. Some have called his presidential run a “moral emergency” for the United States. UK lawmakers recently debated banning him from their soil.
    Thousands of people, including university professors and members of national governments, are all eligible to submit Nobel Peace Prize nominations. That has led to some other laughable candidates in the past, including genocidal dictators like Adolph Hitler and Josef Stalin.
    Trump’s name was leaked by Kristian Berg Harpviken, the director of Oslo’s Peace Research Institute, who told the AFP that he’d received a copy of the nomination letter, which cites Trump’s “vigorous peace through strength ideology, used as a threat weapon of deterrence against radical Islam, ISIS, nuclear Iran and Communist China.”
    Harpviken told the Telegraph: ““I have committed not to reveal the identity of the nominator, but what I can say is that the nominator has shared a copy of his nomination letter directly with me, that the nominator has a position which gives him the right to nominate, and that I consider it valid.” Harpviken, for his part, thinks Edward Snowden is the most likely winner of this year’s prize, which will be awarded in October.

Donald Trump joins Hitler and Stalin as an extremely unlikely nominee for the Nobel Peace Prize - Quartz
    sluce and OrangeSlice like this.
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

"Trump is, in my opinion, the first woman president of the United States." -- Roseanne Barr

How much does this woman drink?
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

WHY OH WHY does this woman get opportunities to speak publically.

Santorum has dropped his bid and endorsed Rubio. I do believe Rubio will end up as the GOP candidate.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

^^^ he'd be slightly older than JFK, but he's no JFK.

I think Carson and Trump are right to call Cruz out. His staffers took a CNN (?) article that said Carson was going home and started tweeting that Carson had left the race. It happened after caucuses started so maybe it had no impact. It's still shitty.

Also, Cruz sent mailers to Republicans suggesting their record in caucuses had been monitored (which they are not!) and said they could improve their status but caucusing. I agree with Cruz on a lot of things but I cannot imagine voting for him because he seems smarmy and dishonest.

In terms of Trump's outcome in Iowa, it was surprising but not unbelievable. He had very little ground game. No one stood up to speak on his behalf at our caucus. Apparently that was typical across the state. The crowds show up for the dog and pony show but it's not surprising that doesn't translate to votes. He has a huge lead in NH though. I can't imagine him losing there.

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    Trump rally this morning in Waterloo, Iowa.

Photos of Trump's 'record crowd' that supposedly broke arena record set by ZZ Top 42 years ago show the Arkansas venue was actually half EMPTY

• Trump spoke at the Arkansas State Fairgrounds in Little Rock before a half-empty livestock arena whose published capacity is 10,195
    • Claimed the fire marshal had counted the crowd and decided it broke a 42-year-old record
    • Photos tell a different story, showing large empty areas and unused sections of seating
    • The man Trump identified as the fire marshal was actually the state fair's general manager
    • Trump tweeted a claim that 12,000 people were there in all, while the real number was likely half that many

Read more: Photos of Arkansas arena shows Donald Trump rally 'record crowd' | Daily Mail Online
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
    sluce and C_is_for_Cookie like this.

and how many of those were paid to be there? REPORT: Donald Trump paid actors
    sluce, ShimmeringGlow and Mivvi21 like this.
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

"Trump is, in my opinion, the first woman president of the United States." -- Roseanne Barr

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    and how many of those were paid to be there? REPORT: Donald Trump paid actors
    Look at the people behind him. Does that look like a group of people that would have shown up on their own to support Donald Trump? I bet there some money was handed out to fill up the seats behind him.

The Republican candidates are all terrifying, just terrifying to imagine any of them in power. It's a shit show. I can't believe we have so much time left on the clock for this election, I'm sick of the never ending sound bites. I'm sick of Trump, sick of Cruz, sick of Carson, sick of Fiorina, sick of Palin, sick of all of them. It's really disgusting to see it all pan out, of the Human Cheeto and Tweedle Unbalanced and their equally unfit dwarfs being quoted everywhere. Honestly! I can't stand it.

Edit: just to be fair-minded here, I'm also tired of Hillary trying to be hip, the endless conversations about her authenticity (like she's a meal at an ethnic restaurant, 'but is it authentic?'), tired of the big podiums and stadiums and flashy lights and all the entertainment effects to what is very serious. Ugh. I'm sick and tired! Let's get Bernie or Hillary in office and be done with it.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bellatheball View Post
    I think Carson and Trump are right to call Cruz out. His staffers took a CNN (?) article that said Carson was going home and started tweeting that Carson had left the race. It happened after caucuses started so maybe it had no impact. It's still shitty.

Also, Cruz sent mailers to Republicans suggesting their record in caucuses had been monitored (which they are not!) and said they could improve their status but caucusing. I agree with Cruz on a lot of things but I cannot imagine voting for him because he seems smarmy and dishonest.

In terms of Trump's outcome in Iowa, it was surprising but not unbelievable. He had very little ground game. No one stood up to speak on his behalf at our caucus. Apparently that was typical across the state. The crowds show up for the dog and pony show but it's not surprising that doesn't translate to votes. He has a huge lead in NH though. I can't imagine him losing there.
    Well the Donald was right about one thing - Cruz is a nasty guy and no one (except his wingnut supporters) likes him.

Quote Originally Posted by BBDSP View Post
    Cruz is a nasty guy and no one (except his wingnut supporters) likes him.
    And....and this is crucial.....right-wing talk show hosts like Rush Limbaugh and Mark Levin. They have been hyping this guy since he got in office. Apparently, Cruz meets with talk show hosts more than his colleagues in Congress.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    And....and this is crucial.....right-wing talk show hosts like Rush Limbaugh and Mark Levin. They have been hyping this guy since he got in office. Apparently, Cruz meets with talk show hosts more than his colleagues in Congress.
    I wonder if he will be like Mitt, where the more people (voters) know him, the less they will like him.

Looks more and more to me like Rubio will be the nominee.
    Bluebonnet likes this.

Why do I get feeling that we would be going back in time if Trump were to be elected to where women can't vote and the little housewife is seen and not heard?

twitchy2.0, Nevan, SHELLEE and 7 others like this.

Thread Information