Page 236 of 246 FirstFirst ... 136186226232233234235236237238239240 ... LastLast
Results 3,526 to 3,540 of 3689
Like Tree9988Likes

Thread: Can we talk about this Trump thing?

He's gonna be a busy boy.
    panic and C_is_for_Cookie like this.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Trump to Christie in 2015: I’ll Be Out By October - Jason Hopkins

Trump to Christie in 2015: I’ll Be Out By October

According to anonymous sources within Chris Christie’s orbit, the governor of New Jersey and Donald Trump were more allied during the Republican primary than they apparently let on. So much so, there was an “understanding” that the first one to drop out of the presidential primary would endorse the other.
    However, the outcome of the election did not go as anyone had planned – even for the president-elect himself.
    Christie may have shocked the political establishment by endorsing Donald Trump back in February, but that was not how the pair predicted the race to play out. Trump reportedly told Christie in 2015 that he expected to drop out by October of that year and would then endorse the New Jersey governor.
    The fact Donald Trump was surprised at his own success is nothing new. Plenty has been reported on how the Trump team spent more time on his concession speech rather than his victory speech, as his aides calculated a less than 50 percent chance of prevailing against Hillary.
    However, this new insight may explain Gov. Christie’s endorsement of Trump during the heat of the GOP primary – a move at which shocked the Republican establishment. Many had assumed Christie made the move out of spite against Sen. Marco Rubio. The recent revelations regarding Trump and Christie show the pair have been a fan of each other for quite some time. It’s not surprising given the New York-New Jersey political overlap.
    Christie, unfortunately, has not had the best of fortune. The bridgegate scandal continues to dog his administration. Also, Trump not only turned down his candidacy to be his running mate, but has removed his position as head of the campaign's transition team – a move made reportedly due to clashes with Trump’s son-in-law.
    The two may be having a falling out.

These two are like Hedda Hopper and Louella Parsons, all gossip and bitchiness. It's too bad one is the president-elect and one is unfortunately, the governor of my state.

This is really long but if you enjoy Noam Chomsky you will want to read it. Trump in the White House: An Interview With Noam Chomsky

A bit:
    Trump has no identifiable political ideology guiding his stance on economic, social and political issues, yet there are clear authoritarian tendencies in his behavior. Therefore, do you find any validity behind the claims that Trump may represent the emergence of "fascism with a friendly face?" in the United States?
    For many years, I have been writing and speaking about the danger of the rise of an honest and charismatic ideologue in the United States, someone who could exploit the fear and anger that has long been boiling in much of the society, and who could direct it away from the actual agents of malaise to vulnerable targets. That could indeed lead to what sociologist Bertram Gross called "friendly fascism" in a perceptive study 35 years ago. But that requires an honest ideologue, a Hitler type, not someone whose only detectable ideology is Me. The dangers, however, have been real for many years, perhaps even more so in the light of the forces that Trump has unleashed.
    With the Republicans in the White House, but also controlling both houses and the future shape of the Supreme Court, what will the US look like for at least the next four years?A good deal depends on his appointments and circle of advisers. Early indications are unattractive, to put it mildly.
    The Supreme Court will be in the hands of reactionaries for many years, with predictable consequences. If Trump follows through on his Paul Ryan-style fiscal programs, there will be huge benefits for the very rich -- estimated by the Tax Policy Center as a tax cut of over 14 percent for the top 0.1 percent and a substantial cut more generally at the upper end of the income scale, but with virtually no tax relief for others, who will also face major new burdens. The respected economics correspondent of the Financial Times, Martin Wolf, writes that, "The tax proposals would shower huge benefits on already rich Americans such as Mr Trump," while leaving others in the lurch, including, of course, his constituency. The immediate reaction of the business world reveals that Big Pharma, Wall Street, the military industry, energy industries and other such wonderful institutions expect a very bright future.
    Another http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/20...itter#morrison
    AFTERMATH: SIXTEEN WRITERS ON TRUMP’S AMERICA
    Last edited by MmeVertigina; November 15th, 2016 at 05:56 AM.
    stella blue and Annie B like this.

^^Thanks for the link. I actually printed this puppy out, some good old fashioned paper based reading. Might even grab a pen and make notes. This election cycle makes me want to use and exercise my brain more than I have in a long time.
    gas_chick, nwgirl, panic and 1 others like this.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

czb

wow that's ugly.

WHO wants to buy stuff with ivanka's name on it? (montana's red pumps aside)

I'm sure it's already sold out in Michigan, Wisconsin, Ohio and Pennsylvania.
    panic likes this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

czb

haha

not only is it ooglay but it is expensive. you could get a bangle from tiffany's or better at that price point.
    MmeVertigina likes this.

What a mess already. No transition team, no one, except real nutters, wants to work for him... and he isn't even president yet
    HWBL, Mivvi21 and panic like this.

Gold Member

I feel sorry for President Obama. To know that all your work (say what you will about it) is going to be undone by a narcisistic asshole with no empathy, understanding , compassion or mercy for anyone but himself, is hard to stomach.

^And the orange asshole wants him (Obama)to spend more time training him! I'd be like, "Yeah. No."

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    ^And the orange asshole wants him (Obama)to spend more time training him! I'd be like, "Yeah. No."
    Just once I want him to speak his mind about what is really going on. I mean Steve Bannon in the White House? Take off your blinders people.

Quote Originally Posted by Fairy View Post
    Just once I want him to speak his mind about what is really going on. I mean Steve Bannon in the White House? Take off your blinders people.
    Right? I think the only analogy I can come up with is Hillary appointing the editors of The Onion to her staff.

Thread Information