Page 11 of 246 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast
Like Tree9988Likes

Thread: Can we talk about this Trump thing?

Quote Originally Posted by LastLook View Post
    I would imagine it does.
    So if it hurts to be smart and be dumb, how do you know which one you are?
    This seems like a lot of effort just to marry one of the Jonas Brothers. - ChemicalHelena

I had something funny to say, but it would have been cruel, and only joking, and you don't deserve it. My advice would be this: Never let anyone else define you.
    Burt Johnson: I don't drink because drinking affects your decision-making.
    Arthur: You may be right. I can't decide.

What the actual fuck? OK I told myself I wouldn't engage with you anymore but I need to clarify whether you think it's OK to have a database of Muslims and it's not at all like the Nazis having a register of Jews?
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

I'm sorry, are you talking to me? I didn't say any of that was cool.

Waiting....
    Last edited by LastLook; November 21st, 2015 at 03:19 AM.

Yes I am talking to you. Can you clarify what the specious argument is?
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Sorry, my ISP is not cooperating, but yes, I will tell you what the specious argument is.
    Jews were not the aggressors, they were entirely the unwitting victims of Hitler's genocidal plan. Muslim extremists are basically trying to kill everybody now. That is decidedly NOT what Jews were doing back in Hitler's time. The aggression we are seeing from "muslims" cannot even be remotely compared to the genocide against jews that they did not ask for. But, hey, the powers that be started it---and I say it that way because you all hate what you call conspiracy theories.

P.S. I haven't taken a side on the refugee issue, but I'm leaning stupid-to-let-them-in. Bombers will hide behind a child. And this is precisely why this situation is not even remotely comparable to that of Jews in the early 1940s. BUT....we've already pretty much let them all in that we wanted, and there's that. I mean...conspiracy stuff, nevermind. That's not possible.
    Last edited by LastLook; November 21st, 2015 at 05:01 AM.

I had something funny to say, but it would have been cruel, and only joking, and you don't deserve it. My advice would be this: Never let anyone else define you.
    I was just joking, but if you want to say something cruel to me, go ahead I'm a big girl.
    This seems like a lot of effort just to marry one of the Jonas Brothers. - ChemicalHelena

Sorry, my ISP is not cooperating, but yes, I will tell you what the specious argument is.
    Jews were not the aggressors, they were entirely the unwitting victims of Hitler's genocidal plan. Muslim extremists are basically trying to kill everybody now. That is decidedly NOT what Jews were doing back in Hitler's time. The aggression we are seeing from "muslims" cannot even be remotely compared to the genocide against jews that they did not ask for. But, hey, the powers that be started it---and I say it that way because you all hate what you call conspiracy theories.

P.S. I haven't taken a side on the refugee issue, but I'm leaning stupid-to-let-them-in. Bombers will hide behind a child. And this is precisely why this situation is not even remotely comparable to that of Jews in the early 1940s. BUT....we've already pretty much let them all in that we wanted, and there's that. I mean...conspiracy stuff, nevermind. That's not possible.
    Did you really just make the argument that the refugees are per se terrorists? And you tout intelligence? It would super if you would exhibit some of it.
    witchcurlgirl, Brah, Nevan and 2 others like this.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Warning: I am about to make a salient point that will expose my extreme intelligence. It will make you all feel inferior. That's not my problem but I'm benevolent enough to give you all a heads up so you may stick your sheeple heads in the sand and spare your egos.

Nevermind. You, no offense, morons won't get it. But obviously I've made my point so carry on living in your idiocracy.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

Elite Member

I understand that it's not a perfect analogy. However, you should keep in mind that 99.99% of Muslims are not terrorists and have done nothing wrong, either.

Furthermore, the idea of singling out one religious group in this way is offensive and discriminatory. And patently un-American. Or at least, the America I used to know. In general, I'm not big on slippery slope arguments. But it seems clear that singling out one group in this way could imply that it's OK to discriminate against Muslims in jobs, housing, and other areas.
    Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum, minutus carborata descendum pantorum

?

With all of your professed intelligence why are you unaware that entering as a refugee is the most difficult way to enter? That the refugees we allow in have already been sitting in camps, or awaiting entry for a couple of years?

Or that a terrorist would be much more likely to enter on a tourist visa? Or as a citizen of one of the 38 countries for which we waive visas?

But congrats, for all your talk of conspiracy you have completely bought into the one that Daesh would like you to- the demonization of non terrorist Muslims. Well done.
    Last edited by witchcurlgirl; November 21st, 2015 at 01:20 PM.
    sluce, SHELLEE, Brah and 4 others like this.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Fools. Lastlook is a genius and you all fail to simply accept the truth. Bet she is against Miranda rights too.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Elite Member

Saw this on Facebook this morning and it's very pertinent to this discussion. Facts are a beautiful thing.

Most of my friends know I practice Immigration law. As such, I have worked with the refugee community for over two decades. This post is long, but if you want actual information about the process, keep reading.
    I can not tell you how frustrating it is to see the misinformation and outright lies that are being perpetuated about the refugee process and the Syrian refugees. So, here is a bit of information from the real world of someone who actually works and deals with this issue.
    The refugee screening process is multi-layered and is very difficult to get through. Most people languish in temporary camps for months to years while their story is evaluated and checked.
    First, you do not get to choose what country you might be resettled into. If you already have family (legal) in a country, that makes it more likely that you will go there to be with family, but other than that it is random. So, you can not simply walk into a refugee camp, show a document, and say, I want to go to America. Instead, the UNHCR (United Nations High Commissioner on Refugees) works with the local authorities to try to take care of basic needs. Once the person/family is registered to receive basic necessities, they can be processed for resettlement. Many people are not interested in resettlement as they hope to return to their country and are hoping that the turmoil they fled will be resolved soon. In fact, most refugees in refugee events never resettle to a third country. Those that do want to resettle have to go through an extensive process.
    Resettlement in the U.S. is a long process and takes many steps. The Refugee Admissions Program is jointly administered by the Bureau of Population, Refugees, and Migration (PRM) in the Department of State, the Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR) in the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), and offices within the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) within DHS conducts refugee interviews and determines individual eligibility for refugee status in the United States.
    We evaluate refugees on a tiered system with three levels of priority.
    First Priority are people who have suffered compelling persecution or for whom no other durable solution exists. These individuals are referred to the United States by UNHCR, or they are identified by the U.S. embassy or a non-governmental organization (NGO).
    Second priority are groups of “special concern” to the United States. The Department of State determines these groups, with input from USCIS, UNHCR, and designated NGOs. At present, we prioritize certain persons from the former Soviet Union, Cuba, Democratic Republic of Congo, Iraq, Iran, Burma, and Bhutan.
    Third priority are relatives of refugees (parents, spouses, and unmarried children under 21) who are already settled in the United States may be admitted as refugees. The U.S.-based relative must file an Affidavit of Relationship (AOR) and must be processed by DHS.
    Before being allowed to come to the United States, each refugee must undergo an extensive interviewing, screening, and security clearance process conducted by Regional Refugee Coordinators and overseas Resettlement Support Centers (RSCs). Individuals generally must not already be firmly resettled (a legal term of art that would be a separate article). Just because one falls into the three priorities above does not guarantee admission to the United States.
    The Immigration laws require that the individuals prove that they have a “well-founded fear,” (another legal term which would be a book.) This fear must be proved regardless of the person’s country, circumstance, or classification in a priority category. There are multiple interviews and people are challenged on discrepancies. I had a client who was not telling the truth on her age and the agency challenged her on it. Refugees are not simply admitted because they have a well founded fear. They still must show that they are not subject to exclusion under Section 212(a) of the INA. These grounds include serious health matters, moral or criminal matters, as well as security issues. In addition, they can be excluded for such things as polygamy, misrepresentation of facts on visa applications, smuggling, or previous deportations. Under some circumstances, the person may be eligible to have the ground waived.
    At this point, a refugee can be conditionally accepted for resettlement. Then, the RSC sends a request for assurance of placement to the United States, and the Refugee Processing Center (RPC) works with private voluntary agencies (VOLAG) to determine where the refugee will live. If the refugee does have family in the U.S., efforts will be made to resettle close to that family.
    Every person accepted as a refugee for planned admission to the United States is conditional upon passing a medical examination and passing all security checks. Frankly, there is more screening of refugees than ever happens to get on an airplane. Of course, yes, no system can be 100% foolproof. But if that is your standard, then you better shut down the entire airline industry, close the borders, and stop all international commerce and shipping. Every one of those has been the source of entry of people and are much easier ways to gain access to the U.S. Only upon passing all of these checks (which involve basically every agency of the government involved in terrorist identification) can the person actually be approved to travel.
    Before departing, refugees sign a promissory note to repay the United States for their travel costs. This travel loan is an interest-free loan that refugees begin to pay back six months after arriving in the country.
    Once the VOLAG is notified of the travel plans, it must arrange for the reception of refugees at the airport and transportation to their housing at their final destination.
    This process from start to finish averages 18 to 24 months, but I have seen it take years.
    The reality is that about half of the refugees are children, another quarter are elderly. Almost all of the adults are either moms or couples coming with children. Each year the President, in consultation with Congress, determines the numerical ceiling for refugee admissions. For Fiscal Year (FY) 2016, the proposed ceiling is 85,000. We have been averaging about 70,000 a year for the last number of years. (Source: Refugee Processing Center)
    Over one-third of all refugee arrivals (35.1 percent, or 24,579) in FY 2015 came from the Near East/South Asia—a region that includes Iraq, Iran, Bhutan, and Afghanistan.
    Another third of all refugee arrivals (32.1 percent, or 22,472) in FY 2015 came from Africa.
    Over a quarter of all refugee arrivals (26.4 percent, or 18,469) in FY 2015 came from East Asia — a region that includes China, Vietnam, and Indonesia. (Source: Refugee Processing Center)
    Finally, the process in Europe is different. I would be much more concerned that terrorists are infiltrating the European system because they are not nearly so extensive and thorough in their process.
    Source (public FB post): https://www.facebook.com/BryanScottH...nf&pnref=story

Quote Originally Posted by BBDSP View Post
    I understand that it's not a perfect analogy.
    It is a pretty good one though. There was massive opposition to taking in Jewish refugees prior to WW2. Sure, maybe some Jewish people were innocents who were legitimately fleeing, but amongst them could be hidden communist agitators and anarchists ready to infiltrate us and they're ideologically different and a huge threat to our Christian way of life!!!! Oh noez!

The whole "not all Muslims are terrorists, but all terrorists are Muslims" crap I see trotted out around the web is remarkably similar to what was said back then.
    witchcurlgirl, sluce, Brah and 1 others like this.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

That's just because you are incapable of understanding the truth. I mean that whole Nazi vs Jews things was fake too.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Thread Information