Page 104 of 246 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114154204 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 3689
Like Tree9988Likes

Thread: Can we talk about this Trump thing?

ya she sure has the looks.

Trump quips about winning in November -- and not serving as president - CNNPolitics.com

(CNN)Donald Trump loves being unpredictable -- it's a valuable card in any good negotiator's hands, he insists.

But now the presumptive Republican nominee is seemingly joking about the latest political speculation that a victory in November doesn't necessarily mean he'll take the oath of office to become president of the United States.

"I'll let you know how I feel about it after it happens," Trump told The New York Times in a story published Thursday while flashing what the newspaper described as a "mischievous smile." The paper said Trump was responding in an interview when presented with the scenario that he may win and decide not to serve.
    The Trump campaign did not immediately respond to a request for comment from CNN.
    Trump's comment -- in keeping with his tradition of keeping the public guessing -- was seemingly uttered in tongue-in-cheek fashion, but it's not the first time Trump has remarked about abandoning his quest for the Oval Office seat.
    After billionaire and Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban suggested Trump would drop out of the race for $5 billion, Trump joked, "I guess we'd have to think about it."
    Critics of Trump's campaign suggested early in the race that the billionaire was only in the contest to boost his business and his brand and was not serious about actually becoming president.
    And some have continued to insist that Trump is more interested in winning -- now by defeating presumptive Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton -- than in actually serving as president of the United States and commander-in-chief, with all its tremendous power and responsibility.
    Trump has scoffed at criticism that he is not serious about becoming president, suggesting that his businesses have not benefited from his controversial presidential campaign and that he is truly in the race to "make America great again."

I tried to copy and paste the whole thing but my iPad isn't cooperating right now. Fun read though.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...ults.html?_r=1
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

Ivanka should thank her lucky stars she looks more like her mom than her dad. Yeah, she had a "bigger" (not really big, but I guess not perfectly tiny either) nose. Still, she is light years ahead of her blonde brother, he looks like a creepy version of his dad...which is quite a feat.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeSlice View Post
    I tried to copy and paste the whole thing but my iPad isn't cooperating right now. Fun read though.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...ults.html?_r=1
    So many of those are funny just because he sounds dumb as fuck but I have to say he nailed it with the "low energy" tag for Jeb Bush. That was like, ouch, nailed it.

Let's make a drinking game where we do a shot every time he uses the word "dishonest".
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

Good God I don't want to defend him--he doesn't need it anyway, plenty there to do it for him--but harsh judgments on the looks of his fam are really irrelevant. Give me somebody that can solve governmental problems, I don't care if they look like a cheaply gilded turd. He's not my choice, not getting my vote, but looks are not valid for this argument. Life happens. Priorities. I wish issues mattered more than whatever is going on here.
    twitchy2.0 likes this.
    Burt Johnson: I don't drink because drinking affects your decision-making.
    Arthur: You may be right. I can't decide.

Eric has FAS-face which gives him that creature of the night vibe.
    Brah likes this.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Eric is unfortunate looking, but that's not a valid concern.

Ivanka is also unfortunate looking, but Eric seems to think her looks qualify her to be VP.
    twitchy2.0, czb, gas_chick and 1 others like this.

Eric wigs me out--not gonna lie--but I don't know that he's a jerk or whatever. Ivanka looks normal. Some people just look weird....

His family is ugly, creepy, and tacky, and I'll say it no matter how irrelevant it is to the presidency.

Oh, I wasn't trying to say because Trump and his male kids are smarmy looking that it in any way effects how I vote. I wouldn't vote for him if he was the only candidate. I think he's a bully, a racist, antisemitic and a cheat. He doesn't know anything about foreign policy, or domestic policy for that matter. He's bullied his way into the top spot for Republicans and has ignited an ignorant voting base. I can say his kids creep me out, that an aside from the politics.
    LastLook, HWBL and twitchy2.0 like this.

Elite Member

Supposedly Newt is being considered as VP too. He and the Donald certainly deserve each other - but we the people don't deserve either of them.
    ShimmeringGlow likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by dolem View Post
    Oh, I wasn't trying to say because Trump and his male kids are smarmy looking that it in any way effects how I vote. I wouldn't vote for him if he was the only candidate. I think he's a bully, a racist, antisemitic and a cheat. He doesn't know anything about foreign policy, or domestic policy for that matter. He's bullied his way into the top spot for Republicans and has ignited an ignorant voting base. I can say his kids creep me out, that an aside from the politics.
    Well I must be the shallow one because there's no way I'd vote for somebody with orange skin and THAT HAIR! Only someone with a screw loose would present themselves that way. Unless he was some oddball eccentric who is super smart but quirky and doesn't give a fuck about how he looks. But that's not Trump, he takes himself very seriously. I've voted against people for less.

Thread Information