Page 10 of 246 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast
Results 136 to 150 of 3689
Like Tree9988Likes

Thread: Can we talk about this Trump thing?

  1. #136
    Elite Member MontanaMama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Evading P6 & P7
    Posts
    14,115

    Default

    Over the course of my lifetime, I have frequently been embarrassed by the bombast, tone deaf, narcissistic, bloviated, etc. etc. blather of my country. Honestly, never more so than now. I'm heartsick at the small minds, small hearts and old fashioned ignorance on display all over facebook, news site comments, presidential candidates, etc. I cannot even fathom how we continue to view ourselves as world leaders or even relevant.
    czb, BBDSP, sluce and 7 others like this.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

  2. #137
    Elite Member sluce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Top Secret Spy for Leann Rimes
    Posts
    37,382

    Default

    My nephews dim, evangelical wife sent out an email yesterday with the subject lines of "serious issues to consider" and a link to a story: You’re Not A Bad Christian Just Because You Want To Be Cautious About Syrian Refugees

    My response to her was not nice. I firmly told her that her insistence on spreading hate offends me and concerns me about her ability to raise her 2 young children, and that she should never send me another email promoting hate disguised as faith.
    Brah, BBDSP and OrangeSlice like this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

  3. #138
    Super Moderator twitchy2.0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Milliways
    Posts
    58,583

    Default

    Luke 10:25-37
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


    "What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

  4. #139
    Elite Member witchcurlgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Acerbia
    Posts
    34,520

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    My nephews dim, evangelical wife sent out an email yesterday with the subject lines of "serious issues to consider" and a link to a story: You’re Not A Bad Christian Just Because You Want To Be Cautious About Syrian Refugees

    My response to her was not nice. I firmly told her that her insistence on spreading hate offends me and concerns me about her ability to raise her 2 young children, and that she should never send me another email promoting hate disguised as faith.
    That douchebag Matt Walsh. Ugh. Hate him.

    I know I've posted that me and a coworker troll at the Blaze when we're bored, and the shit that they've been posting over there lately is just vile. I've seen assholes commenting they hope we get attacked, so that liberals will wake up. So 'Christian' of them. Wishing people dead to make a partisan political point. They're human garbage.
    sluce and OrangeSlice like this.



    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.


    If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

  5. #140
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,807

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMama View Post
    Over the course of my lifetime, I have frequently been embarrassed by the bombast, tone deaf, narcissistic, bloviated, etc. etc. blather of my country. Honestly, never more so than now. I'm heartsick at the small minds, small hearts and old fashioned ignorance on display all over facebook, news site comments, presidential candidates, etc. I cannot even fathom how we continue to view ourselves as world leaders or even relevant.
    I feel genuinely ashamed and embarrassed and wonder how we got to this point. I just found out that 2 Democratic congressman from my state voted in favor of that bill and I am flabbergasted. I'm looking for a protest to attend this weekend.
    Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum, minutus carborata descendum pantorum

  6. #141
    Elite Member OrangeSlice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Studying with Master Grumpy Cat
    Posts
    10,781

    Default

    ^i know how you feel. As if I needed another reason to think McCrory was a dick.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

    "Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

  7. #142
    Silver Member LastLook's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    563

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Moongirl View Post
    Watching the Today show, and they had a report on the comments made by both Trump and Carson; a reporter asked Trump what would be the difference between having Muslims register and when Jews had to register in Nazi Germany. Initially, he completely ignored the question, and then he asked the reporter "who" he was with (NBC), and then responded to the question by saying "I don't know, you tell me...". Uh, no, Mr. Trump, [I]you[I] tell me, you made the comment, now answer the question.
    I am not voting for Trump, or a republican necessarily, but this is one of the most specious arguments I've heard in ages. The fact that people accepted it and thought that it bolstered---well, anything---is upsetting. This is why it hurts to be smart.

    P.S. I didn't mean offense to you, Moongirl
    Burt Johnson: I don't drink because drinking affects your decision-making.
    Arthur: You may be right. I can't decide.

  8. #143
    czb
    czb is offline
    Elite Member czb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    left coast
    Posts
    16,238

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LastLook View Post
    ...This is why it hurts to be smart.
    ....
    mmmmmkay
    twitchy2.0 and Brah like this.

  9. #144
    Elite Member Moongirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Cal-i-for-nigh-ay!
    Posts
    9,129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LastLook View Post
    I am not voting for Trump, or a republican necessarily, but this is one of the most specious arguments I've heard in ages. The fact that people accepted it and thought that it bolstered---well, anything---is upsetting. This is why it hurts to be smart.

    P.S. I didn't mean offense to you, Moongirl

    I'm sorry, but who accepted what, and why would I be offended?

  10. #145
    Silver Member LastLook's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    563

    Default

    No mention or defense of the specious argument. And I'm not saying that to you, Moongirl.
    Burt Johnson: I don't drink because drinking affects your decision-making.
    Arthur: You may be right. I can't decide.

  11. #146
    Elite Member crayzeehappee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    In the fog
    Posts
    1,906

    Default

    It hurts to be dumb too.
    This seems like a lot of effort just to marry one of the Jonas Brothers. - ChemicalHelena

  12. #147
    Silver Member LastLook's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    563

    Default

    I would imagine it does.
    Burt Johnson: I don't drink because drinking affects your decision-making.
    Arthur: You may be right. I can't decide.

  13. #148
    A*O
    A*O is offline
    Friend of Gossip Rocks! A*O's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Being Paula
    Posts
    31,675

    Default

    But it's very unseemly to brag about either.
    LastLook, twitchy2.0 and Kittylady like this.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

  14. #149
    Elite Member SHELLEE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Florida Keys
    Posts
    23,325

    Default

    I'm so confused. Yeah yeah yeah that's not unusual
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

  15. #150
    Silver Member LastLook's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    563

    Default

    And I'm the dick in 3...2...1...
    Burt Johnson: I don't drink because drinking affects your decision-making.
    Arthur: You may be right. I can't decide.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 8
    Last Post: April 6th, 2010, 02:41 PM
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: April 28th, 2009, 10:56 PM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: January 24th, 2007, 02:38 PM
  4. Replies: 14
    Last Post: October 27th, 2006, 08:17 PM
  5. Replies: 3
    Last Post: October 25th, 2005, 09:18 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •