Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Camp Hillary leaks photo of Obama in Somali traditional dress; plays evil muslim card

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by tkdgirl View Post

The problem, Mel, is that with Obama's history of Muslim denials, and various reports that he did indeed go to a madrasa (though he denies and says it was a public school that had 90% Muslims), the Clinton camp is doing this to fuel fears that Obama is a closet Muslim.
    Didn't he spend part of his childhood in Indonesia? Aren't most Indonesians Muslim? I hate it when politicians assume I'm too stupid to connect the dots!

Quote Originally Posted by tee-ha-ha View Post
    Didn't he spend part of his childhood in Indonesia? Aren't most Indonesians Muslim? I hate it when politicians assume I'm too stupid to connect the dots!
    Yes, over 90% of Indonesia is Muslim. He went to a Muslim school for a few years and then a Catholic school.
    Last edited by tkdgirl; February 26th, 2008 at 09:35 PM.

So what? I am a Christian living in a Muslim society in the Middle East and I taught English classes at an integrated language school where almost every teacher was veiled besides me and a handful of others and I would say 80% of the children were Muslim. They even had classes on the Koran, much like how they would do at a Catholic school. None of the Christian boys or girls ever converted or were bullied. We still celebrated Christmas for us Christians and the like with a Christmas tree and sang Christmas carols, I was never persecuted and the little Christian children were never told to practice Islam or die. Not everyone in a Muslim society is somehow "integrated into extremism" - I really hate this notion of "connect the dots." What a society of fear we live in. What a damn shame. People are so far off the mark its crazy. Thats like saying "he went to a Christian school...connect the dots." That doesn't mean shit. All of the atheists I know went to Catholic school when they were younger. Lets stop all of this fear-mongering, its ridiculous, and frankly it shows a lot of ignorance towards Muslims and the Islamic world in general. People really need to get educated, not every Muslim is out to kill you. And him being enrolled in a Muslim school for a few years in his youth doesn't mean anything AT ALL. Get real.
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

^^ Wow. All the atheists I know also went to Catholic schools. Strange.

What country are you living in? I have a dear friend who is Muslim, and after 9-11, I made sure to talk to her. She and her family were scared out of their mind. She is a remarkable woman who works with local Jewish and Christian women and travels to churches, mosques, synagogues, etc. to talk about religious tolerance. Knowing her is proof to me that not all Muslims are the nutjob, wahhabist jihadists, just as I also know that not all Christians are like Pat Robertson, etc, etc. Honestly, I was absolutely ashamed of evangelicals that attacked Mitt Romney because of his religion. Not a single one of us should be judging who is and isn't a Christian, etc.

That job is taken.

Quote Originally Posted by tee-ha-ha View Post
    He isn't muslim, he went to the school from the ages of 6-8... The truth is out there!!! Do your homework people before you believe a photo!!

JAKARTA, Indonesia (CNN) -- Allegations that Sen. Barack Obama was educated in a radical Muslim school known as a "madrassa" are not accurate, according to CNN reporting.
    Insight Magazine, which is owned by the same company as The Washington Times, reported on its Web site last week that associates of Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, D-New York, had unearthed information the Illinois Democrat and likely presidential candidate attended a Muslim religious school known for teaching the most fundamentalist form of Islam.
    Obama lived in Indonesia as a child, from 1967 to 1971, with his mother and stepfather and has acknowledged attending a Muslim school, but an aide said it was not a madrassa. (Watch video of Obama's school )
    Insight attributed the information in its article to an unnamed source, who said it was discovered by "researchers connected to Senator Clinton." A spokesman for Clinton, who is also weighing a White House bid, denied that the campaign was the source of the Obama claim.
    He called the story "an obvious right-wing hit job."
    Insight stood by its story in a response posted on its Web site Monday afternoon.
    The Insight article was cited several times Friday on Fox News and was also referenced by the New York Post, The Glenn Beck program on CNN Headline News and a number of political blogs. (Watch how the Obama "gossip" spread )
    School not a madrassa

But reporting by CNN in Jakarta, Indonesia and Washington, D.C., shows the allegations that Obama attended a madrassa to be false. CNN dispatched Senior International Correspondent John Vause to Jakarta to investigate.
    He visited the Basuki school, which Obama attended from 1969 to 1971.
    "This is a public school. We don't focus on religion," Hardi Priyono, deputy headmaster of the Basuki school, told Vause. "In our daily lives, we try to respect religion, but we don't give preferential treatment."
    Vause reported he saw boys and girls dressed in neat school uniforms playing outside the school, while teachers were dressed in Western-style clothes.
    "I came here to Barack Obama's elementary school in Jakarta looking for what some are calling an Islamic madrassa ... like the ones that teach hate and violence in Pakistan and Afghanistan," Vause said on the "Situation Room" Monday. "I've been to those madrassas in Pakistan ... this school is nothing like that."
    Vause also interviewed one of Obama's Basuki classmates, Bandug Winadijanto, who claims that not a lot has changed at the school since the two men were pupils. Insight reported that Obama's political opponents believed the school promoted Wahhabism, a fundamentalist form of Islam, "and are seeking to prove it."
    "It's not (an) Islamic school. It's general," Winadijanto said. "There is a lot of Christians, Buddhists, also Confucian. ... So that's a mixed school."
    The Obama aide described Fox News' broadcasting of the Insight story "appallingly irresponsible."
    Fox News executive Bill Shine told CNN "Reliable Sources" anchor Howard Kurtz that some of the network's hosts were simply expressing their opinions and repeatedly cited Insight as the source of the allegations.
    Obama has noted in his two books, "Dreams From My Father" and "The Audacity of Hope," that he spent two years in a Muslim school and another two years in a Catholic school while living in Indonesia from age 6 to 10.

CNN debunks false report about Obama - CNN.com
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Just wanted to add that 48 hours later, Matt Drudge still hasn't released any proof about this whole story. Not the name of whoever sent the email, or the email itself.

But now of course he doesn't have to. He got the reaction he wanted, bad press for Clinton.

Be careful Dems, because there will be more coming from Drudge, Fox and the like........directed with even more venom once the nominations are done.

Drudge is a proven liar, but since when has that ever stopped the public from believing someone.
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

LOL on people attacking Mitt Romney on his religion... Sorry, but if you're going to USE religion to get votes then be prepared to defend whatever faith you have. Poor widdle Mitt Romney, sucking up the nutjob christian crowd and then crying when they start tearing his religion apart. Wahh.

Frankly any politician that injects religion or god into their campaign ought to be shot in the face. IT HAS NO FUCKING BEARING ON REAL LIFE.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

People made a big deal of JFK's religion, back in the day. And he managed to get elected, anyway. People from the opposing parties will use anything in order for the "enemy" to not get elected.

The dirtiest part hasn't even come yet. Right before the elections is where the shit gets all crazy.
    Stupid politicians. Big fucking deal. He wore traditional garb. Like they all do when they visit other countries!

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    Just wanted to add that 48 hours later, Matt Drudge still hasn't released any proof about this whole story. Not the name of whoever sent the email, or the email itself.

But now of course he doesn't have to. He got the reaction he wanted, bad press for Clinton.

Be careful Dems, because there will be more coming from Drudge, Fox and the like........directed with even more venom once the nominations are done.

Drudge is a proven liar, but since when has that ever stopped the public from believing someone.
    Not surprising, and that is exactly why I asked for proof or facts to back up these allegations before. Haven't get gotten anything concrete though, and Hillary denied having anything to do with circulating the photo at last nights debate. Obama even agreed and said he believed her.

SSDiva posted the proof earlier in the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by tkdgirl View Post
    SSDiva posted the proof earlier in the thread.
    No she didn't. Here's the post:

Quote Originally Posted by SSDiva View Post
    Maggie Williams, Clinton's campaign manager said so... said something like what are they complaining for...
    Maggie Williams did not say they sent this email

Maggie Williams actual quote was:
    "Enough.

If Barack Obama's campaign wants to suggest that a photo of him wearing traditional Somali clothing is divisive, they should be ashamed. Hillary Clinton has worn the traditional clothing of countries she has visited and had those photos published widely.

This is nothing more than an obvious and transparent attempt to distract from the serious issues confronting our country today and to attempt to create the very divisions they claim to decry.

We will not be distracted."

So once again, there is no evidence. Drudge got what he wanted because it gave Clinton bad press, without any evidence. Show me the email, give me a name.

Drudge is a Republican shill, and the average american took his word for truth without question.

Sheep.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

^^ Interesting because a lot of republicans think Drudge is in the bag for Clinton. We shall see...

Anyone hear ever stop and think that maybe Obama's camp leaked the picture to make Hillary Clinton look bad or do we just think he is above all that?

Quote Originally Posted by gas_chick View Post
    Anyone hear ever stop and think that maybe Obama's camp leaked the picture to make Hillary Clinton look bad or do we just think he is above all that?

Gas Chick, I think you may have a future as a political strategist.

Even my always suspicious Sicilian brain hadn't got there yet, I am ashamed to say.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread Information