Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Camp Hillary leaks photo of Obama in Somali traditional dress; plays evil muslim card

*is tired of the stupid phrase "______ supporters never want to hold him/her responsible" because EVERYBODY USES IT and nobody holds their pick responsible*
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    *is tired of the stupid phrase "______ supporters never want to hold him/her responsible" because EVERYBODY USES IT and nobody holds their pick responsible*
    That's not even remotely true. If that were the case then NO candidate in history would ever be held responsible for anything they do. Why do you think candidates rise and fall in the polls? It's all based on whether or not the people who were supporting them continue to support them or walk away. Which is why politicians go on the attack against each other. It's an effective tactic to erode each other's support base.

However, there are supporters who refuse to believe anything that someone says about their candidate. Which explains why George Bush still has people that back him.

The people that use it don't hold their pick responsible
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

If you're talking about me, since I use that phrase, then you'd be wrong. I don't think Obama's perfect, by any stretch of the imagination. But between him and Hillary, I think he's the better choice. Now, if he started pulling some of the low-blow tactics that Hillary is using I'd hold him responsible for it, too. Just like I used to hold Bill Clinton responsible for his bullshit, even though I voted for him twice.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    If you're talking about me, since I use that phrase, then you'd be wrong. I don't think Obama's perfect, by any stretch of the imagination. But between him and Hillary, I think he's the better choice. Now, if he started pulling some of the low-blow tactics that Hillary is using I'd hold him responsible for it, too. Just like I used to hold Bill Clinton responsible for his bullshit, even though I voted for him twice.
    That's it he hasn't used Rove like tactics, and I would call him out. I'd call my own mama out when she's wrong, why would I hold anyone else higher than her..No matter who, OWN your Shit!!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Quote Originally Posted by Kincaid View Post
    How is that faulty logic? Her campaign spread an e-mail about ABM being a Muslim, and then some of her supporters, like Jesse Jackson, were attacking IBM's 'blackness.' So, the Clinton campaign has set a precedent that they would use Karl Rove-like tactics. Hell, Hillary's even got the same PR guy that McCain is using.

It amazes me how Hillary supporters never want to hold her responsible for anything.

No New Orleans wasn't the first place in history to suffer a major blow. But it was the first time in history we had to watch on television as 80% of a city lay under water while the government sat on their asses and did nothing for five days as the people lay dead and dying in the streets. So, that's what sets New Orleans apart from other places. Hell, even New York got more help from the government on 9/11. But, then again, 80% of N.Y. was destroyed on 9/11 either.
    My WHOLE island was destroyed in 2003, everyone lost their homes, their cars, their churches, EVERYTHING; yes some even lost their lives and in 2008 we are still waiting for help. Just because more people suffered means nothing to me. The people of NO are no better than the families that lost loved ones and possessions in my neck of the woods. The only difference is, we rallied together, we knew that WE were responsible for ourselves and didn't expect anyone else to help us out.
    The government never does anything for the common, everyday man, so why rely on them in times of need? That's just waiting for trouble to strike. Yes, in a perfect world it would be nice to think that this government will help, but I think most people with a little common sense understands that you have to look out for yourself, no one else is going to do it for you.

I am just rambling now so I will stop.
    Sorry, I am just really touchy over this subject.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    My WHOLE island was destroyed in 2003, everyone lost their homes, their cars, their churches, EVERYTHING; yes some even lost their lives and in 2008 we are still waiting for help. Just because more people suffered means nothing to me. The people of NO are no better than the families that lost loved ones and possessions in my neck of the woods. The only difference is, we rallied together, we knew that WE were responsible for ourselves and didn't expect anyone else to help us out.
    The government never does anything for the common, everyday man, so why rely on them in times of need? That's just waiting for trouble to strike. Yes, in a perfect world it would be nice to think that this government will help but I think most people with a common sense understand that you have to look out for yourself, no one else is going to do it for you.

This is why I find you amazing..such a strong person.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsMarsters View Post
    This is why I find you amazing..such a strong person.
    Aww, THANK YOU!!!!!
    How sweet.

How is that faulty logic? Her campaign spread an e-mail about Obama being a Muslim, and then some of her supporters, like Jesse Jackson, were attacking Obama's 'blackness.' So, the Clinton campaign has set a precedent that they would use Karl Rove-like tactics. Hell, Hillary's even got the same PR guy that McCain is using.

It amazes me how Hillary supporters never want to hold her responsible for anything.
    Well to be fair, I've yet to hear any Obama or McCain supporters hold their candidates responsible for anything either. We're all a little biased.

However I'll be the first to admit I've been disappointed in Hillary's tactics as of late.

The government never does anything for the common, everyday man, so why rely on them in times of need? That's just waiting for trouble to strike. Yes, in a perfect world it would be nice to think that this government will help but I think most people with a common sense understand that you have to look out for yourself, no one else is going to do it for you.

I understand where you're coming from, and I'm not downplaying anything you or anyone else has ever gone through.

However, I never said the people of New Orleans were any better or worse than anybody else. Because they aren't. And, no, the government shouldn't be expected to help out with every little thing. But if you have a major U.S. city that is mostly underwater, then it's not too much to expect the government to send in some kind of rescue aid, instead of fighting an illegal war on the other side of the globe.

And the fact that Bush assured officials that the government would be prepared to handle Katrina in New Orleans because of the levees, and then turned around and claimed that 'who could have anticipated that the levees wouldn't hold' will always leave a bad taste in my mouth. And the fact that most of the Gulf Region, not just New Orleans, is still screwed up because Bush hasn't given them the federal aid they need is just a sore spot for me. Nothing personal.

Quote Originally Posted by nycgirly101 View Post
    Well to be fair, I've yet to hear any Obama or McCain supporters hold their candidates responsible for anything either. We're all a little biased.

However I'll be the first to admit I've been disappointed in Hillary's tactics as of late.
    Well, to be fair, Obama hasn't pulled any of the low-blow tactics that Hillary or McCain have been been pulling lately. The minute he does, then I'll hold him responsible for it, just like you're holding Hillary responsible for her tactics.

The government never does anything for the common, everyday man, so why rely on them in times of need? That's just waiting for trouble to strike. Yes, in a perfect world it would be nice to think that this government will help, but I think most people with a little common sense understands that you have to look out for yourself, no one else is going to do it for you.

Rally how? When your home is insured and paid for and they only want to give you $3000 for the home. Or the developers tell you that the Federal Government won't let them rebuild here. Grant it most people had homes to come back to..but how would you feel after 7-8 months you are paying land taxes where you can't live, because there is no house to live in..and you are paying rent someplace else. Things were very different in NO after Katrina, and I am not talking about those people who use and abuse the system. I am talking about those people who work HARD and are still waiting to get the ok to rebuild there home. They can't get money for flood insurance because the flood wasn't caused by the hurricane..
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

I understand where you're coming from, and I'm not downplaying anything you or anyone else has ever gone through.

However, I never said the people of New Orleans were any better or worse than anybody else. Because they aren't. And, no, the government shouldn't be expected to help out with every little thing. But if you have a major U.S. city that is mostly underwater, then it's not too much to expect the government to send in some kind of rescue aid, instead of fighting an illegal war on the other side of the globe.

And the fact that Bush assured officials that the government would be prepared to handle Katrina in New Orleans because of the levees, and then turned around and claimed that 'who could have anticipated that the levees wouldn't hold' will always leave a bad taste in my mouth. And the fact that most of the Gulf Region, not just New Orleans, is still screwed up because Bush hasn't given them the federal aid they need is just a sore spot for me. Nothing personal.
    Everyone knew they wouldn't hold up, they were inspected in 2005 and failed. I do understand what you are saying and I do think the government should have done more, I just think a lot of people expect the government to do "more" while the people themselves do nothing.

Well, to be fair, Obama hasn't pulled any of the low-blow tactics that Hillary or McCain have been been pulling lately. The minute he does, then I'll hold him responsible for it, just like you're holding Hillary responsible for her tactics.
    I agree with you, he's been running a pretty good campaign so far, and as I've said before I'll be voting for him if he's the nominee. Hillary's mudslinging is definitely a turn off and she certainly doesn't get a "free pass" from me (and I've heard the same from some of her other supporters). However, I wanted to make sure there was proof to these allegations before everyone pounced on her. But I always wanted proof when people make accusations about Obama too (like the limo/drug party- which was BS).

This isn't to say I don't still support HC, because I do, I think she's very smart and absolutely fit to run the country. But obviously I don't think she's perfect and ultimately I'll be happy with either of them.

Everyone knew they wouldn't hold up, they were inspected in 2005 and failed. I do understand what you are saying and I do think the government should have done more, I just think a lot of people expect the government to do "more" while the people themselves do nothing.
    I agree with you there. Sometimes you have to do for yourself. And as far as New Orleans went, the local and state officials should have been on the ball, too, especially since they knew a lot of the people didn't have cars or any other means to get out of the city. But, if one good thing came out of that mess, people understand what steps to take in a disaster, and not just to wait around for help that may not come.

Quote Originally Posted by nycgirly101 View Post
    I agree with you, he's been running a pretty good campaign so far, and as I've said before I'll be voting for him if he's the nominee. Hillary's mudslinging is definitely a turn off and she certainly doesn't get a "free pass" from me (and I've heard the same from some of her other supporters). However, I wanted to make sure there was proof to these allegations before everyone pounced on her. But I always wanted proof when people make accusations about Obama too (like the limo/drug party- which was BS).

This isn't to say I don't still support HC, because I do, I think she's very smart and absolutely fit to run the country. But obviously I don't think she's perfect and ultimately I'll be happy with either of them.
    And I respect that even though you aren't happy with some of the tactics that Hillary is using that you still stand behind her. That's what a good supporter should do. You don't have to always agree with everything the candidate does, but people shouldn't have a blind spot where their candidate is concerned either. It's just like the Obama supporters who may view him as 'the savior.' Obama's not perfect, he's just a man with flaws like everyone else.

Wow, Sweetie. What a story. You have every right to ramble on. And I agree about relying on self before government as well.

Thread Information