Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Camp Hillary leaks photo of Obama in Somali traditional dress; plays evil muslim card

^ Sorry Witch, been there, right in the same spot they have and I had good enough sense to leave. Possessions don't mean anything when a Cat. 4 or 5 is coming at you. LEAVE town, get the hell out of dodge.

And they should have known the levees would break, they had information that they weren't worth shit months before.

My family has lost everything to Hurricanes too and we weren't supplied with money for court costs, hookers, drugs and guns. We had to rely on insurance and our own money. People act like NO was the first and only place in the history of the US to suffer a major blow.

Granted, I do feel for the old and sick, but the people that sat home on their asses and tried to ride it out were not using their brains.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    Right there, the Clinton campaign has already created a precedent for this kind of stunt.
    That's the fallacy of argumentum ad hominem. It's faulty logic. It doesn't prove that she did this specific act.

Not that it matters, since the media and the public threw her under the bus long ago.
    Burt Johnson: I don't drink because drinking affects your decision-making.
    Arthur: You may be right. I can't decide.

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

And they should have known the levee would break, they had information that they weren't worth shit months before.

My family has lost everything to Hurricanes too and we weren't supplied with money for court costs, hookers, drugs and guns. We had to rely on insurance and our own money. People act like NO was the first and only place in the history of the US to suffer a major blow.

Granted, I do feel for the old and sick, but the people that sat home on their asses and tried to ride it out where not using their brains.

Ironically, many of these poorest people are the ones least likely to pay attention to what's going on in the news. Unfortunately, having lived with the expectation that the government will always take care of you backfired on many people. No government is any match for Mother Nature. The response in the aftermathi s another matter, but Sweetie is right, NO is far from being the first and only place destroyed by a natural disaster.

Sweetie:

^^ I like that little comment regarding not recieving money from the Gov for "court costs, hookers, drugs and guns." It speaks volumes.
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    ^^ I like that little comment regarding not recieving money from the Gov for "court costs, hookers, drugs and guns." It speaks volumes.
    It sure did. It showed they didn't care about food or clothing just entertainment.
    Or were you trying to speak ill of me?

Sputnik: I don't have a problem with her buying shoes, it was WHEN she was buying those shoes. Her complete disregard to the citizens who were suffering at the time that pisses me off to this day.

It's seriously funny when people say they could've gotten out. The majority of the people that stayed because they either couldn't afford to go some place else, or they didn't any place to go were living paycheck to paycheck on minimum wage which at the time of Katrina was $5.25.
    It's not like they were looking for the Government to take care of them, every city and state have an emergency shelter or back-up plan..when the fires came to Southern Cali. were those people who went to the football stadium waiting for the Government. The city and stae local Goverment of Louisiana failed them, along with the Federal.
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Yeah, been there, lived check to check and still had good enough sense to leave.

If I think I stand a chance at dying, money doesn't mean squat, I will use Pat and Charlie (which as we know is free) to get out of harms way.

Anyway, move along. I will let you all get back on topic.

Quote Originally Posted by SSDiva View Post
    Sputnik: I don't have a problem with her buying shoes, it was WHEN she was buying those shoes. Her complete disregard to the citizens who were suffering at the time that pisses me off to this day.

It's seriously funny when people say they could've gotten out. The majority of the people that stayed because they either couldn't afford to go some place else, or they didn't any place to go were living paycheck to paycheck on minimum wage which at the time of Katrina was $5.25.
    It's not like they were looking for the Government to take care of them, every city and state have an emergency shelter or back-up plan..when the fires came to Southern Cali. were those people who went to the football stadium waiting for the Government. The city and stae local Goverment of Louisiana failed them, along with the Federal.
    I don't get that rationale at all. So everyone was supposed to stop what they were doing because of Katrina? How does that solve anything? Many people went on with their daily lives while offering prayer, money donations, etc.

And I do agree the failure lies, first and foremost, with the local and state governments. When I saw those school buses under water because they weren't used to evacuate people, I was just as pissed as anyone else. Then, I see how Mississippi rallied together and found solutions immediately in the aftermath... I gotta say it was Nagin and the governor who are primarily responsible for the problems in NO. Did the Fed gov't screw up? Sure they did. But not even close to the neglect and mismanagement at the local and state level.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    Yeah, been there, lived check to check and still had good enough sense to leave.

If I think I stand a chance at dying, money doesn't mean squat, I will use Pat and Charlie (which as we know is free) to get out of harms way.

Anyway, move along. I will let you all get back on topic.
    One of my good friends went through Andrew. She and her family lost everything. Years later, she gets marries and settles in NO. When the path projections started pointing at LA a week earlier, she and hubby got the hell outta dodge. They loaded up their little car and drove to family in Atlanta. She learned her lesson in Florida. Thankfully, they were only renting. But what they didn't take, they lost.
    Last edited by Tati; February 26th, 2008 at 01:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tkdgirl View Post
    One of my good friends went through Andrew. She and her family lost everything. Years later, she gets marries and settles in NO. When the path projections started pointing at LA a week earlier, she and hubby got the hell outta dodge. They loaded up their little car and drove to family in Atlanta. She learned her lesson in Florida. Thankfully, they were only renting. But what they didn't take, they lost.
    I feel for her, I understand completely.
    I just live by.....Your life is worth working/fighting for and it's a lot more valuable than anything that fills a home.

I don't get that rationale at all. So everyone was supposed to stop what they were doing because of Katrina? How does that solve anything? Many people went on with their daily lives while offering prayer, money donations, etc.

And I do agree the failure lies, first and foremost, with the local and state governments. When I saw those school buses under water because they weren't used to evacuate people, I was just as pissed as anyone else. Then, I see how Mississippi rallied together and found solutions immediately in the aftermath... I gotta say it was Nagin and the governor who are primarily responsible for the problems in NO. Did the Fed gov't screw up? Sure they did. But not even close to the neglect and mismanagement at the local and state level.
    No one had a plan, the hospitals, nursing homes, and assisted living..should've been the first ones evacuated, and had iron-clad emergency situations worked out. If we knew Friday that Katrina was going to be horrible, especially if it came to shore as a CAT5..why not at least move the sick and shut in..and then a mandatory evacuation. They gave them options..some people need things spelled out to them slowly, they think if they say it's voluntary 'Imma wait on Jesus to tell me what to do'. Old people who've lived through worse then what they thought was going to happen, felt as though they could wait it out..more in Louisiana...but in Mississippi also!! I know folks who live in Florida, who board up and stay also..

Please don't get me started on Nagin, I wanted to choke the crap out of him. Those darn buses could've been used to get those people out of there. I guess my main issue was, after Katrina happened they were left there to rot basically.
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Quote Originally Posted by SSDiva View Post
    No one had a plan, the hospitals, nursing homes, and assisted living..should've been the first ones evacuated, and had iron-clad emergency situations worked out. If we knew Friday that Katrina was going to be horrible, especially if it came to shore as a CAT5..why not at least move the sick and shut in..and then a mandatory evacuation. They gave them options..some people need things spelled out to them slowly, they think if they say it's voluntary 'Imma wait on Jesus to tell me what to do'. Old people who've lived through worse then what they thought was going to happen, felt as though they could wait it out..more in Louisiana...but in Mississippi also!! I know folks who live in Florida, who board up and stay also..

Please don't get me started on Nagin, I wanted to choke the crap out of him. Those darn buses could've been used to get those people out of there. I guess my main issue was, after Katrina happened they were left there to rot basically.
    Agree with what you've said.

I'd say that the Clintons have been dragged through the mud more than once in the media time for Obama to get a splash. It's politics folks. Like it or hate it, it's the way the game is played. I don't think that picture will change not one person's mind. I'm still voting for Hillary no matter if she cried or if she is a closet lesbian.

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

Very good point.

No, not everyone was supposed to stop.

Condilezza Rice is a top rankng government official, not a private citizen. Secretary of State. It was tactless to be out shoe shopping. Someone that negotiates with Foreign officials should be a bit more tuned in to nuances.
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by LastLook View Post
    That's the fallacy of argumentum ad hominem. It's faulty logic. It doesn't prove that she did this specific act.

Not that it matters, since the media and the public threw her under the bus long ago.
    How is that faulty logic? Her campaign spread an e-mail about Obama being a Muslim, and then some of her supporters, like Jesse Jackson, were attacking Obama's 'blackness.' So, the Clinton campaign has set a precedent that they would use Karl Rove-like tactics. Hell, Hillary's even got the same PR guy that McCain is using.

It amazes me how Hillary supporters never want to hold her responsible for anything.

Quote Originally Posted by crumpet View Post
    No New Orleans wasn't the first place in history to suffer a major blow. But it was the first time in history we had to watch on television as 80% of a city lay under water while the government sat on their asses and did nothing for five days as the people lay dead and dying in the streets. So, that's what sets New Orleans apart from other places. Hell, even New York got more help from the government on 9/11. But, then again, 80% of N.Y. was destroyed on 9/11 either.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread Information