Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: For Californians: Prop. 8 winning

^Oh, like....."If we allow gay people to marry, then people will start marrying DUCKS!" Or, like, pedophilia will suddenly be okay and shit like that, right?

Slippery slope my ass! If you are both adults, nobody should give a rat's ass if you're gay or straight.

The belief in God is being used, albeit is despicably. The very same Christians who quote the bible as saying homosexuality is an abomination forget the bible also says only God has the right to judge.

Civil rights should not be denied. What is happening here is the conservatives are pitting minorities against each other and, sadly, it seems to be working.

I don't care who anyone sleeps with, lives with, dates, or shares a bed with. If it is wrong, ultimately, they have to answer for it. Not me. I have my own ass to cover.

I am anti-marriage and I am straight. That's no secret. My stance isn't based in religion and I don't extend it to anyone else. I think everyone should experience at least one.

I don't know if this has been posted yet, just in case - Sci was quietly backing the bill

Scientology Opposes Gay Marriage - Headline Sports News - Sport Snipe

Hypocritical Church of Scientology Says Ban Gay Marriage : Indybay

Gays don't need to marry, Sci can cure gay. They are the experts on the human mind!

Here's the entire google thread!

scientology cult supports california anti gay - Google Search
    Last edited by AgentOrange; November 7th, 2008 at 01:20 PM.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

^ fuck that stupid cult.

on another note, it would a pretty big slap in the face/eye-opening experience if all the gays in this state for instance stopped paying taxes!

Quote Originally Posted by RevellingInSane View Post
    Slippery slope could very much so hold water. If any argument is approached with the right strategy, it can be won, regardless of how wrong it is.

If gay marriage bans are cut down as unconstitutional, what would prevent polygamists from challenging laws? Calm the fears; win the support.

I welcome this, it would be the death-knell of some sick SOB's and their 'adam-god doctrine' and their enshrined institution of incest. The fact is that it would be perfectly appropriate for their fight to go through the courts, that is the legal system and the system of government in this country, it's how it's set up, and how it should work. The amount of good that could come from shining a light on the perverted religious cults in CO, AZ, and CA (and elsewhere) that are raping every young girl in sight and imprisoning them in lifelong sexual slavery without a choice is immeasurable. What happens to girls and women in some of the religious cults in the Northeast is unspeakable though they don't seem to believe in polygamy. Nothing could be more beneficial to the rights of the women (and young men) in these polygamist communities than exposure at this level and I absolutely encourage it and welcome it. The reason they have not gone through the courts is because they know the more attention that comes to them the worse off they will be. It would be a wonderful thing in my eyes if the fight for gay marriage shined a light on some of the most horrendous abuses of children happening in this country, these are people who are denied their civil rights their entire lives simply because they were born to lunatics.

So when people throw out that argument about polygamy it should not scare anyone and it just highlights that folks who use it don't care about gays and abused children both.

Quote Originally Posted by ymeman View Post
    So when people throw out that argument about polygamy it should not scare anyone and it just highlights that folks who use it don't care about gays and abused children both.
    Polygamy was an example. If you can not see the legal correlation between legalizing one situation seen as taboo, while accusing opponents of being pro-child abuse, you seriously are missing the point.

Polygamy is not only practiced by cults with underaged girls involved.

Precedent would be set and I guarantee you some filth would try to use same-sex marriage legalization to obtain the right to practice truly twisted beliefs.

I highly doubt polygamist would take cases to the courts which involved underaged girls. They would use all adults to get it passed, then work on the age issue, which would be shot down immediately.

A conservative franchise and a conservative Supreme Court are what gays are facing, yet they don't want to take the time to figure out what needs to be done to get through to moral majority? Sounds a bit Bushian to me. Attack, then figure out a plan.

I have a question.

What is inherently wrong about polygamy, providing there's no fucked up child abuse and other things.

What if 3 people wanted to get married, it was equitable, and all were consenting?

Would that be "filth", and if so, why?

Secondly, gays have been going at this for how many decades now? They tried being militant, they tried assimilating, they tried being nice, and mean, and diplomatic, and everything under the sun and so far, in the US, they're actually being legislated into oppression.

What's left?
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

These "Christians" are only following the book of Leviticus, which, they forget, Jesus blew out of the water. Leviticus also says not to eat milk and meat (and I'm sure Jesus would have enjoyed a good cheeseburger if he were with us now), not to eat pork, not to plant two different kinds of seeds in the same field, that men should not cut the hair near their temples, that it is okay to possess slaves as long as they are from neighboring nations, that women on their period are "unclean."

We don't believe in that anymore. We were at a different time and did not understand these things. I believe in God, and the love that Jesus preached. He took those rules and turned them on their head.

So, no, there is no reason two adults should not be able to be married, whether they are gay or straight. Why do we insist on persecuting people because they are different from us? How is this different than any other civil rights movement?

The Christians believe one thing:

Once again this election, in pulpits across America, the call rang out: We must stop the gays. We cannot allow them entry into the sanctuary of Eternal Hetero Love. After all, marriage is (these people believe) the last upstanding Christian stronghold, the final barrier preventing America from becoming some sort of Sodom-iffic nipple-pierced polyamorous rave party where anyone can marry anything and pets are running scared and people stick parts of their bodies into other people's parts for sexual pleasure. The horror.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

^ um lovely. fucking 'tards.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    I have a question.

What is inherently wrong about polygamy, providing there's no fucked up child abuse and other things.

What if 3 people wanted to get married, it was equitable, and all were consenting?

Would that be "filth", and if so, why?

Secondly, gays have been going at this for how many decades now? They tried being militant, they tried assimilating, they tried being nice, and mean, and diplomatic, and everything under the sun and so far, in the US, they're actually being legislated into oppression.

What's left?

I agree on this point. I see nothing wrong with polyamory when it doesn't involve cults and children. I don't consider that 'filth'. What I see is an above-ground/underground in which straights want to keep the swinger bars and their truck-stop boyfriends and their hookers and their wife-swapping parties and all the stuff they don't have the balls to cop to, and they want to pretend to live the straight lifestyle in the daylight because it is the most economically beneficial to them. Or because they can't think for themselves and don't have the courage of their convictions enough to be self-accepting. And all the rest of us who don't fit in that world are just supposed to slurp up the dung that is left for us and accept that we are 'less than' because we refuse to live the lie they are living. It's bullshit.

With regard to polygamists trying to take something through the courts based on a precendent set by a legitimate fight for civil rights, are people really expecting gays to acquiesce god-given rights based on something wacked out straight fuckers might try to do? Wtf, these are the straightest folks of all, according to them, they are the most religious, the most pious, the most heterosexual. I don't understand why straights aren't celebrating them...but in any case, lol, these folks are not gay people's problem.

Hit By Ban Bus!

The slippery slope argument doesn't wash.

The courts need to decide this. I'm so fucking pissed off that this was allowed to happen right when we have such an awesome president win! I just can't believe the irony.

Quote Originally Posted by RevellingInSane View Post

A conservative franchise and a conservative Supreme Court are what gays are facing, yet they don't want to take the time to figure out what needs to be done to get through to moral majority? Sounds a bit Bushian to me. Attack, then figure out a plan.

I can't remember who it was that said 'the moral majority is neither'. And they aren't. We just had a skank moral poseur run for veep, and she turned out to be a pathologically lying skank who sleeps around on her husband. Like they all are, the more 'moral' people claim to be the more they have to hide. You are speaking like there is only one gay 'movement' employing one tactic to this end when really there are many groups making inroads in their own way.

^^Who does the media keep the spotlight on? They aren't covering the intelligent, eloquent leaders as much as they do the hostile ones, in any situation.

The moral majority doesn't include me. My beliefs and practices have no place in their churches.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread Information