Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CA Republican Assemblyman caught on open mic bragging about affairs

Quote Originally Posted by LynnieD View Post
    THANK YOU!!
    No probs.

"I am deeply saddened that my inappropriate comments have become a major distraction for my colleagues in the Assembly,
    Saddened that his comments were inappropriate and distracting. Not saddened that his behaviour might have hurt his family or ashamed of his hypocrisy in promoting "family values" while behaving in a manner entirely inconsistent with those attitudes. Not saddened or sorry at all.
    "If you are not outraged, then you are not paying attention," Heather Heyer's facebook quote.

He didn't make it to dinner (HOOTERS)!

I can see why they were drawn together.
    She's a bombshell and he's so handsome...

Quote Originally Posted by Moongirl View Post

Statement from Assemblyman Mike Duvall
    regarding his resignation from office today:
    September 9, 2009

"I am deeply saddened that my inappropriate comments have become a major distraction for my colleagues in the Assembly, who are working hard on the very serious problems facing our state. I have come to the conclusion that it would not be fair to my family, my constituents or to my friends on both sides of the aisle to remain in office. Therefore, I have decided to resign my office, effective immediately, so that the Assembly can get back to work."

Mile Duvall for Assembly 2010 FPPC ID# 1313592
    No worries, this moron will find a job somewhere else. Ain't nothing but a chicken wing.

I really want to know what the lobbyist pushed through in exchange for sex.
    "If you are not outraged, then you are not paying attention," Heather Heyer's facebook quote.

Elite Member

Default re

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    No probs.
    Saddened that his comments were inappropriate and distracting. Not saddened that his behaviour might have hurt his family or ashamed of his hypocrisy in promoting "family values" while behaving in a manner entirely inconsistent with those attitudes. Not saddened or sorry at all.
    Yes, like it's their fault for being distracted. Well, excuuuuse me for being distracted by some fat old fool talking about his wiener dripping fluid from fucking some lobbyist/whore (or is that redundant?) at his workplace, when he really should know better. I guess we are all easily distracted. Pass the Ritalin and while you're at it, some Valtrex, bro.

Possible investigation?
    Progressive Group Wants Duvall "Sex-For-Votes" Probe

Zachary Roth | September 9, 2009, 5:22PM

A progressive California group is calling for an investigation into whether "Hot Mike" Duvall sold his votes for sex.

"A vice-chairman of the Committee on Utilities and Commerce was literally in bed with Sempra Energy's lobbyist," said Rick Jacobs of the Courage Campaign in a statement. "Assemblyman Duvall's 'sex for votes' affairs have cheated Californians out of honest government. We call on the attorney general to investigate Mr. Duvall to see if he can be prosecuted for selling his votes."

Duvall resigned this afternoon as a Republican state lawmaker, after a hot mic picked up his comments to a colleague, in which the married family values champion bragged graphically about his affairs with two women, one of whom is a lobbyist for an energy company.

Jacobs added:
    While Assemblyman Duvall has been fighting to make marriage a privilege for heterosexual couples only, he's been making a mockery of the institution in the California State Assembly, bragging to other elected officials about raunchy details of his affairs," said Jacobs.
    No evidence has yet emerged that the apparent affair between Duvall and the lobbyist, Heidi DeJong Barsuglia, involved any quid pro quos with regard to Duvall's official acts.

Here's the full press release from the Courage Campaign:
    Courage Campaign calls on Attorney General to investigate Asm. Michael Duvall "Sex for votes" affairs cheat Californians out of honest government

LOS ANGELES - After California Assemblyman Michael Duvall (R-Orange County) was caught making obscene boasts about sex with married lobbyists on a live microphone in committee meeting, the 700,000-member Courage Campaign called on Attorney General Jerry Brown to investigate.

"This isn't just a sex scandal, it's a corruption scandal," said Rick Jacobs, Courage Campaign founder and chair.

"A vice-chairman of the Committee on Utilities and Commerce was literally in bed with Sempra Energy's lobbyist. Assemblyman Duvall's 'sex for votes' affairs have cheated Californians out of honest government. We call on the attorney general to investigate Mr. Duvall to see if he can be prosecuted for selling his votes."

"Duvall's resignation shows more responsibility than many other Republicans have when exposed for unethical behavior. But his resignation does not excuse him from being held accountable."

In addition to taking orders from utility companies and voting against sound evironmental policy on Assembly Bill 64, Assemblyman Duvall was part of the Republican bloc that held California's budget hostage for months, deepening the state's worst economic crisis in modern times. He has also long opposed marriage equality for committed same-sex couples, blasting a 2008 marriage equality bill and voting to allow schools to teach discrimination against gay and lesbian families.

In March, self-proclaimed "family values" watchdog Capitol Resource Institute called Assemblyman Duval "a consistent trooper for the conservative causes" who has "voted time and time again to protect and preserve family values in California," earning him a perfect rating on the group's voting scorecard.

"If Assemblyman Duvall is who conservative groups hold up as their ideal legislator, it shows how shallow their standards are," said Jacobs.

"While Assemblyman Duvall has been fighting to make marriage a privilege for heterosexual couples only, he's been making a mockery of the institution in the California State Assembly, bragging to other elected officials about raunchy details of his affairs," said Jacobs.
    Progressive Group Wants Duvall "Sex-For-Votes" Probe | TPMMuckraker

Also:
    Duvall Lobbyist Denying "Speculative Media Reports"

Zachary Roth | September 9, 2009, 5:41PM

Is Heidi DeJong Barsuglia, the energy lobbyist named in press reports as being the subject of Mike Duvall's filthy sexual boasting, denying that she was involved with the married Republican lawmaker, who resigned this afternoon? [SEE LATE UPDATE BELOW]

Sempra Energy, where Barsuglia works, just released the following statement:
    Sempra Energy takes very seriously any reports involving the conduct of our employees. We are investigating this matter and the recent media reports that named one of our employees. The employee has denied the speculative media reports. Our investigation will be conducted to ensure not only that our policies on employee conduct are strictly adhered to, but also that our employee is treated fairly.
    It's unclear exactly what Barsuglia has denied to her employers. And we've yet to hear directly from Barsuglia herself -- she didn't respond to TPMmuckraker's call for comment earlier today. So we'd better wait for more information.

But this story could be about to get even more interesting.

Late Update
    : A Sempra spokesman has clarified to TPMmuckraker that Barsuglia explicitly denied a sexual relationship with Duvall.
    Duvall Lobbyist Denying "Speculative Media Reports" | TPMMuckraker

Sempra Energy, making jizz drip out your cooch since 2009.
    Enjoy the liquor and delicatessen.

Elite Member

Spring break: Republicans gone wild.

Quote Originally Posted by cockfosters View Post
    Sempra Energy, making jizz drip out your cooch since 2009.
    coffee. up nose.

Are you in advertising by any chance?

I want to know what TWO lobbyists pushed through in exchange for sex. The investigation better find the other one, too. As if California has any money to fund the extramarital sex lives of corrupt behemoths like this guy.

By the way, from what I read, he has only been an assemblyman since 2006. Prior to that he was head of the chamber of commerce and the owner of an insurance business.

The dripping statement made me gag.

Who would fuck this disgusting dude?

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by cmmdee View Post
    The dripping statement made me gag.

Who would fuck this disgusting dude?
    Yeah, and without a condom?

^ Uhhh! I missed that part HotNC and am too afraid to go back and read it!

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

seriously, what a nasty piece of shit, who would even touch this guy let alone all that other crap?!

family values MY ASS!

Quote Originally Posted by AliceInWonderland View Post
    seriously, what a nasty piece of shit, who would even touch this guy let alone all that other crap?!

MY ASS! he values
    There I fixed it for you Alice.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information