Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bush's new neighborhood didn't allow non-whites until 2000-unless you were a domestic

Quote Originally Posted by nana55 View Post
    The house, by California standards,isn't that expensive. Wasn't it 2 million?
    Yep-but by Texas standards,thats a mansion! For $250,000 we get ar least 3,000 sq ft and all the best stuff. From what I've seen,in CA. that would buy a big closet!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    And in that case, if one wanted to change the HOA rules when the majority didn't wouldn't that remain the case?

I would like to think that not everyone living within that area agreed with that ruling.... but having met a couple of Texans (company here excluded), I also think that fairies live at the bottom of my garden & that Santa delivers to every child in one night.,
    The bonfire comment was related to an actual occurrence in this area about a decade ago. A black family decided to build in a notoriously racist area. When the threats, vandalism, and threats didn't deter the family, a mysterious fire erupted and the almost completed home was a total loss.

That is what happened when one wanted to "change the rules", albeit in that area, they were unspoken. In areas which hide behind red tape to carry out their prejudice, those in positions of power will never question the way things are or bring in someone who possibly would.

A different area fought for private status and won it, just so they could control who came in. It bit them in the ass when a natural disaster wiped them out and they found that during their fight for "freedom" they had waived access to publicly funded works and/or aid.

That is what happened when one wanted to change the rules.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Dude... Vidor, Texas.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Quote Originally Posted by RevellingInSane View Post
    The bonfire comment was related to an actual occurrence in this area about a decade ago. A black family decided to build in a notoriously racist area. When the threats, vandalism, and threats didn't deter the family, a mysterious fire erupted and the almost completed home was a total loss.
    Yes, that was what I thought that you meant. Some bigots are the bigest bullies due to their cowardice nature.
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    Yes, that was what I thought that you meant. Some bigots are the bigest bullies due to their cowardice nature.
    Yes, they are bullies. Instead of putting aside the fear and ignorance, they grab weapons and assault.

Ha ha ha - I can see Dubya out pooper scooping Barney's shit with his shoe. Did anybody see on the Daily Show where Jon S had a side by side comparison of Obama at a podium discussing the financial bailout next to Dubya playing round the maypole with all these kids looking like a jackass? He's like Nero, fiddling himself while the country burns.
    Last edited by WesCAdle; December 10th, 2008 at 03:30 PM. Reason: brain fart
    as privileged as a whore...victims in demand for public show, swept out through the cracks beneath the door, holier than thou, how?

Quote Originally Posted by WesCAdle View Post
    Ha ha ha - I can Dubya out pooper scooping Barney's shit with his shoe. Did anybody see on the Daily Show where Jon S had a side by side comparison of Obama at a podium discussing the financial bailout next to Dubya playing round the maypole with all these kids looking like a jackass? He's like Nero, fiddling himself while the country burns.
    Yes, it was funny but maddening at the same time. Can we just get the bike already?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information