Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Bush twins letter to the Obama girls

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    exactly. say what you want about the bush twins but one thing i won't call them out for is drinking at 19. i had amazing parents and by the time i was that age i was doing way more than just drinking.
    Who wasn't?! I have never understood why some people made this a big deal, it shouldn't have even made the news. The truth is that some opportunistic bar manager took advantage of the situation for some publicity, thought he would grab his fifteen minutes of fame by pointing out that *gasp* somebody underage was drinking! I remember watching the news when it came out and it was hilarious, they went to the bar and all of these underage kids were scurrying out, all scared they were going to be busted. But the only ones they cared about were the Bush twins. Give me a break.

Bush gives us enough reasons to hate him without projecting stupid stuff onto his daughters.
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed Hour View Post
    While I appreciate the sentiment and the goodwill behind the letter, I think it will be a little over the heads of the Obama girls right now. Wise adivce but as once of them was an elementary school teacher, I would have liked the letter to be less "adult"sounding. They spoke to them as peers rather than younger girls.
    That's because the Bush Girls sent it to the Wall Street Journal, rather than giving the Obama Girls a private, sweet message.

yeah, real nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    Did you get drunk while you were away at college? You know, when you first escape Daddy? I know I did. And it wasn't because of him, it was in spite of him.
    Nah. For one, I didn't go away to college. I lived with the parents and commuted. And for another, I was way into working out and putting only healthy stuff into my body then. Plus, I hated the taste of almost all things alcohol, save for an occasional glass of decent wine. I've since broadened my horizons of course.

Oh yeah, I did share a joint two or three times. But honestly? High school and college were probably the cleanest years of my life. I'm glad by the time I did get around to truly experimenting...including and beyond alcohol...I was older and wiser. About age 24-27 it was ON.

If I'd ever came home drunk or high while living under my parents' roof....even over the age of 18....the boom would have been lowered with a quickness. Ditto for if they had to bail me out of jail or a jam because of it.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

dreaming about being on a lake in Ontario

Whatever! The letter was sweet and it made it sound like a lot of fun to live in the white House. The girls gave them all kinds of ideas of what to do while they are there. Everything doesn't have to be political. Enjoy the letter for what it was, a nice sweet welcome letter. I hate Bush as much as anybody but let's move on for Christ's sake. You sound like bitter divorcees
    If I can't be a good example, then let me be a horrible warning.

The thing that got to me was they were telling Malia and Sasha who to go to when they need a hug, a smile. I find it so sad that they must have had to really on the servants for such things and not their parents. More proof of Dubya's character.
    Life is what happens to you
    While you're busy making other plans ~ John Lennon

Come on, their dad/grandad was busy working or whatever they call what they did. In a big house sometime you can't find the one you love, so you love the one you're with.

Quote Originally Posted by nana55 View Post
    Come on, their dad/grandad was busy working or whatever they call what they did. In a big house sometime you can't find the one you love, so you love the one you're with.
    What about Mom?
    Life is what happens to you
    While you're busy making other plans ~ John Lennon

Mom was off being lobotomized.

Barbara and Jenna Bush recorded the letter, very touching. However, I wonder if they really did it for the Obama daughters, or for themselves.
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

^ They probably thought it was a tradition, since their Daddy had to do it.

They played the recorded version on the Today show this morning, and this was the part that got to me (even Meredith Vieira was in tears):

We still see him now as we did when we were seven: as our loving daddy. Our Dad, who read to us nightly, taught us how to score tedious baseball games. He is our father, not the sketch in a paper or part of a skit on TV. Many people will think they know him, but they have no idea how he felt the day you were born, the pride he felt on your first day of school, or how much you both love being his daughters. So here is our most important piece of advice: remember who your dad really is.

I thought it was a nice letter, one that the girls will be able to appreciate more and more as they grow older and their experiences in the WH really begin.
    It had to be hard for the Bush twins, hearing nothing but negative things about a man who, yes, was quite the eff-up, but who was first and foremost to THEM their Daddy. I know it would be for me.
    Oh, yeah, and count me as one of the "awesome parents/underage drinker" brigade.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsDark View Post
    Nah. For one, I didn't go away to college. I lived with the parents and commuted. And for another, I was way into working out and putting only healthy stuff into my body then. Plus, I hated the taste of almost all things alcohol, save for an occasional glass of decent wine. I've since broadened my horizons of course.

Oh yeah, I did share a joint two or three times. But honestly? High school and college were probably the cleanest years of my life. I'm glad by the time I did get around to truly experimenting...including and beyond alcohol...I was older and wiser. About age 24-27 it was ON.

If I'd ever came home drunk or high while living under my parents' roof....even over the age of 18....the boom would have been lowered with a quickness. Ditto for if they had to bail me out of jail or a jam because of it.
    Then you are rare. Most of the rest of us weren't nearly that conscientious about what we put in our bodies during that time. But .. I was legally able to drink at 18 so..

I think the letter is nice and there should not be so much need to question the motives of the Bush girls - all things Bush do not = Evil. Sometimes a letter IS just a letter.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Quote Originally Posted by theplotterist View Post
    That's because the Bush Girls sent it to the Wall Street Journal, rather than giving the Obama Girls a private, sweet message.

yeah, real nice.
    yeah, don't you just hate that shit? so crass.

like Obama publishing the letter to his daughters in Parade, instead of just giving it to them privately.....
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    yeah, don't you just hate that shit? so crass.

like Obama publishing the letter to his daughters in Parade, instead of just giving it to them privately.....
    He wasn't trying to stay relevant in the moment...They put it in the WSJ, so they could get "AWWs and they are such good girls raised by our hero!!" from conservatives...
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information