Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bush strategist: John McCain knows he put country at risk with Sarah Palin pick

^^ They got away with Bush- and he fucked up with everything he touched before but he was riding on Daddy's coattails. They thought it would be roughly the same and using the rejected Hillary angle as well.

^Guess Rove didn't realize people would wake up and see the error of their ways with Dubya and that the economy would be in the toilet this close to the election.

What is really insane it took that much for them to wake up from the haze. I dont understand this elitist/liberal bullshit. I dont want a mediocre or incompetent doctor to treat me - its the same thing with leading a country, I want someone who is smart and is knowledageble not one of the guys.

^^ Yeah, no shit. I totally agree.
    When they have their candidates at the best schools, etc, it's not "elitist", it's what's wrong. But it's just such a bad thing when O comes from a good educational background.
    Sorry but can you imagine Palin sitting at a table with world leaders? You betcha. She would suck ass.

dreaming about being on a lake in Ontario

People who think like that don't read the news, or read anything for that fact. They "listen" to their news from Rush, Hannity, etc.
    If I can't be a good example, then let me be a horrible warning.

Quote Originally Posted by Belindagogo View Post
    Knowing how devious Rove is, I just don't understand why Rove and Co. didn't do a better job of vetting her. Did he think that the majority of American's are stupid enough to support someone like Palin? It almost seems like he was setting McCain up.
    Maybe he was just awed by her Vogue spread.

Quote Originally Posted by Belindagogo View Post
    I don't doubt that Rove masterminded this pick of Palin. She was picked by McCain at the last minute but was definitely on Roves radar as he had to know that McCain wasn't polling well and her pick would help solidify the base.

Knowing how devious Rove is, I just don't understand why Rove and Co. didn't do a better job of vetting her. Did he think that the majority of American's are stupid enough to support someone like Palin? It almost seems like he was setting McCain up.
    The Palin pick has smacked of Rove from the start. I think Rove has underestimated American voters--at least, if McCain loses this election, he will have underestimated us. It is becoming increasingly obvious that in the last two presidential election cycles, Rovian Republicans knew how to win, but not how to govern and lead.

I think he also may have underestimated how fucking stupid Palin is--and how narcissistic--because unlike Dubya, she doesn't seem to know that she's supposed to be a puppet.

Rove's house is made of cards. All strategy and no substance, all about the power elite and nothing for the people who are the foundation of this nation and its economy. Eventually, the house can't stand.
    Posted from my fucking iPhone

Very well said Shinola! I was thinking this morning that I will be very interested to see how this time will be viewed when I've reached my dotage.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinola View Post
    I think he also may have underestimated how fucking stupid Palin is--and how narcissistic--because unlike Dubya, she doesn't seem to know that she's supposed to be a puppet.

Damn straight, she doesn't know, and they are just figuring it out. I think this is the real reason that rethugs are coming out against McCain on this, because they are seeing her now as unbelievably petty, vindictive, and completey untrustworthy, living in a world of her own making, and not someone that is easily controlled; on the contrary someone who appears to be controllable all the while she is working behind the scenes for your demise. Way, way too much trouble they've gotten themselves into with this one.

The Palin pick has smacked of Rove from the start. I think Rove has underestimated American voters--at least, if McCain loses this election, he will have underestimated us. It is becoming increasingly obvious that in the last two presidential election cycles, Rovian Republicans knew how to win, but not how to govern and lead.

Rove's house is made of cards. All strategy and no substance, all about the power elite and nothing for the people who are the foundation of this nation and its economy. Eventually, the house can't stand.
    Well put. And what makes it even worse is that Palin KNOWS that McCain needs her more than she needs him. Even if McCain loses this election, Palin's already got her sights on a presidential run in 2012.

See-this is what I have been thinking for a long time,but he just gets away and goes right on. I hope this is his last straw!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Maybe Palin herself will pen the book after this fiasco is over - "Dern Tootin' They Tried to Use Me as a SockPuppet But I Outsmarted Them All".

She energized the far right evangelical gun loving base who fear anything different, while putting off a huge percentage of the Independents. This was a dumb tactical move. That aforementioned base would have never voted Democrat anyway, no matter what. They would have begrudgingly voted for McCain regardless of Palin on the ticket. He needed the Independent vote to clinch this thing, and he made an obviously dumb choice in choosing Palin. It made the Independents question his judgment, which obviously is a problem when you are voting for the next Commander in Chief. What really gets me is that there are numerous people on the right who are better speakers, more intelligent and well read, more worldly, and more experienced than her. What were they thinking, really? I know she's won over the base with her beauty pageant winks and evading questions, but she's alienated everyone else. For the life of me, I don't understand. I can get McCain. But Palin? Who would willingly support this person?
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

paging tdkgirl, please bring a well reasoned explanation, tdkgirl, to this thread please..
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

And this is the people who McCain and Palin have attracted- arent they lovely

I especially love the anti white comment and Obama being related to a terrorist.
    YouTube - Misconceptions of Obama fuel Republican campaign - 13 Oct 08

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information