Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bush officially endorses McCain, hopefully killing any chance of success

....a lot of the rich folks are still liking Bush....they have been doing just fine until the morgage mess hit.....they are benefitting from everything that is killing the little guys.....he got them lots and lots of tax breaks and investment breaks.....their companies manufacturing in China and Mexico and Vietnam are doing quite well.....

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    Which third party candidate do you think conservatives will go for?
    Most folks I've talked to are writing in a candidate. Its caused a lot of fracturing within the base GOP. The 'tow the party line' folks are pissed because McCain isn't being supported unconditionally. Those who aren't voting for him already feel betrayed by the annoiting of McCain by the GOP, with the conventional wisdom being 'its his time'- which is bullshit. It all comes down to a matter of trust. And there are quite a few republicans/conservatives who don't trust McCain.

Some are speculating that a strong, young VP choice for McCain could make the difference. But again, I've heard dissenters say they wouldn't vote for McCain even is Reagan were resurrected and made VP. They disgust is that bad.

Why is there so much anti-McCain sentiment? Two big ones: Immigration and the First Amendment. McCain has consistently sold out the American public on immigration, esp. when you consider that the problem of illegal immigration isn't necessarily party driven. Over 70% of Americans are anti-illegal immigration and want something done to change it. McCain's plan would have given amnesty to those here and not done a thing to stop more from coming in. Of course, he says he's heard the American people. But very few trust him to do the right thing. In fact, because the problem is so bad in Arizona, many pundits believe he would have a very hard time being re-elected in his own state.

The other is CFR, other wise known as McCain-Feingold Campaign Finance Reform. It basically means that if you, as an individual or even a group, wanted to air an ad about a candidate, etc., you can't within 90 days of the election. It suppresses political speech and takes away the right to dissent. Most republicans blame Bush for this fuck up because he had a chance to veto the bill and didn't. Bush thought the SCOTUS would shoot the bill down. They didn't.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

I believe there is talk of Bloomberg running with McCain.

Quote Originally Posted by tkdgirl View Post
    Most folks I've talked to are writing in a candidate.
    I get that. But who are they writing in?
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

^^ Wouldn't that basically be putting 2 very liberal Republicans on the ticket?

Quote Originally Posted by Just Kill Me View Post
    I believe there is talk of Bloomberg running with McCain.
    Maybe, but my personal belief is that he'll pick a boiled-in-the-wool conservative to counteract his own reputation among Repubs. I don't think Republican-turned-Independent Bloomberg is the guy to get the GOP fully behind him.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    I get that. But who are they writing in?
    A lot are writing in Fred Thompson. He seems to be the overwhelming 'write in'. I've also read that many will write in 'Ron Paul' as a protest vote, mainly because he was treated so poorly in the GOP debates by the moderators. Other names I've seen are Brownback, Guliani and Romney.

I know the story has been Hillary/Barack for the Dems. But the big story on the GOP side is that McCain is having problems with the base. Hell, even McCain's mom knows this!

ETA: And, there are those who will vote for Hillary (if nominated). The rationale? If the country is going to be destroyed, they'd rather it be at the hands of a democrat, not a republican.

If the country is going to be destroyed, they'd rather it be at the hands of a democrat, not a republican.
    Personally, I think GWB already accomplished that.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Yeah, it's going to take a good 10-20 years to dig out from the insanity Bush has caused.

I hope the next Prez cuts off all that "warrantless spying" shit that's going on. There's NO need to not have a papertrail and to deny judicial oversight on that kind of thing.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by nycgirly101 View Post
    McCain will NOT win this election, he just won't. .
    If he's running against Hilary, he probably will be Prez.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    If he's running against Hilary, he probably will be Prez.
    I will say this... there is only one thing that will likely get reluctant conservatives to vote for McCain- and that's Hillary Clinton. She is one of the most polarizing people in this country at this moment in time. Whoever said people either love her or hate her, is right.

I will say this... there is only one thing that will likely get reluctant conservatives to vote for McCain- and that's Hillary Clinton. She is one of the most polarizing people in this country at this moment in time. Whoever said people either love her or hate her, is right.
    I guess it all depends on your own personal feelings. People who want Obama say Hillary is polarizing.

But let's face it:

Either Hillary or Barack is going to be better than some Repub assbag by a margin of about 1000-1.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    Maybe, but my personal belief is that he'll pick a boiled-in-the-wool conservative to counteract his own reputation among Repubs. I don't think Republican-turned-Independent Bloomberg is the guy to get the GOP fully behind him.
    From what I'm hearing, McCain might pick Condi Rice as his VP. I guess they think that her being both black and a woman will be the perfect answer for either Obama or Hillary. But since most people can't stand Condi, that would probably just blow up in the Republicans faces, which is why I hope McCain picks her.

Condi? She couldn't even manage a department!

Where the hell has she been in the last 2 years? Oh right, sidelined by utter failure.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information