Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 47

Thread: Bush now bans any photo coverage of wounded soldiers

  1. #16
    Gold Member EvilMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sydney, Australia.
    Posts
    745

    Default

    FFS!

    Welcome to reality. Of course you dont show wounded if at all possible.

    One of the Principles of War is Maintenance of Morale.

    This means on the home front too.

    Did you see many pics of the wounded in the papers in 1943?

    This is war people - stop living in hippy fantasy land.

    Canada is at war, Australia is at war, The UK is at war, The US is at war.

    So what if 3400 Troops died doing their job? More people died last year of Gunshot wounds in the US than in the three years of Iraq.

    Almost as many died in a single morning on Sept 11.

    It is war and troops will die. Soldiers know that this is the risk of their profession.

    And think about this - The War in Iraq and Afghanistan is the best test of modern Tactics Techniques and Procedures the Military has had. It is writing the doctrine, testing the weapons and inspiring the new generations of systems and receiving the biggest boost in budgets since vietnam Why would the military want to coup against that?
    An EM is like a Scientologist - Unhinged and Unbelievable - Now shutup and place your hands on my EM-Meter

  2. #17
    Elite Member kingcap72's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    10 miles from Pootie Tang
    Posts
    21,909

    Default

    ^^^The problem with the whole 'not showing the wounded to keep morale high' policy is that it's too late to make a difference with this war. The American people have turned against this war because 1) we know it's illegal, 2) Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11, 3) Bush and his administration have bungled and lied about this war so badly it's ridiculous, and 4)our troops are being killed because Bush wants to steal some oil.

    Afghanistan is a different story. That's where we should be focusing our military efforts, since Osama is/was there and they gave him shelter. But Bush bungled that too, because stealing oil was more important.

    And I think everyone knows that troops die in the process of doing their job. That's life. That's war. But our troops don't need to be dying in Iraq, since they shouldn't have been there in the first place. And while I'm all for building a strong military and being technologically sound, what good does that do if our military is being stretched to the breaking point and not able to use the equipment effectively? We need a military that is going to be strong in the long term, not one that will have to be repaired in the coming years, which this one will be.

  3. #18
    Elite Member Grimmlok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    In WhoreLand fucking your MOM
    Posts
    55,372

    Default

    Hmm I guess nobody got the message about not showing the wounded in Vietnam.. that's right about when the public turned against it harshly.

    Surprise.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

  4. #19
    Elite Member nwgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    4,998

    Default

    [quote=EvilMonkey;685318]FFS!

    Welcome to reality. Of course you dont show wounded if at all possible.

    One of the Principles of War is Maintenance of Morale.
    One of the principles of war is to protect our freedoms. Not to protect this lying sack of shit from the backlash that happens when the curtain is pulled back to reveal what is going on. And certainly not to have our freedoms trampled on even more by this total dictator.

    This means on the home front too.

    Did you see many pics of the wounded in the papers in 1943?

    This is war people - stop living in hippy fantasy land.
    This isn't war - it's an invasion. Of a country that did not threaten us. Why do you have to be a hippy to not agree with this war? What kind of logic is that? I'm not a hippy and I don't believe in this war. I believe we were lied to, manipulated and that hundreds of thousands of people have died because of this administation's ego and greed.

    Canada is at war, Australia is at war, The UK is at war, The US is at war.
    I'm not sure what mentality this is, but we started the invasion and then called on our allies to back us up, based on lies. Not only have Americans died, but so have numerous others from each of these countries. All for the proven lies of this administation.

    So what if 3400 Troops died doing their job? More people died last year of Gunshot wounds in the US than in the three years of Iraq.
    The fact that you preface that statement with "so what" shows your true colors. So what that people are dying every fucking day so that Bush can try to finish what his daddy couldn't? So what that people are dying and we have dug a hole of national debt to fund this lie? So what that families are ruined? So what that untold numbers of people are maimed for life? So what that this was all for a lie? SO WHAT????

    Almost as many died in a single morning on Sept 11.
    You're talking only about Americans. What about the hundreds of thousands of Iraqis and all the other countries that have troops that have died? I guess the American casulaties are all that matter and the only number we should focus on? What about the ones that didn't die? Casualties of war I suppose?

    It is war and troops will die. Soldiers know that this is the risk of their profession.
    Again, it's not a war. It's an invasion. As for soldiers knowing this is the risk of their profession - I doubt they were ever informed that they would be sent out to possibly die based on flat-out lies. Soldiers assume that they will be fighting to protect our country and freedoms. Not to go on a baseless cause and invade a country that was NO THREAT TO US while ignoring the real threats to our country.

    And think about this - The War in Iraq and Afghanistan is the best test of modern Tactics Techniques and Procedures the Military has had. Funny how we can't even get them proper protective gear. What does that say about our techniques and procedures? Funny how they still haven't been able to even secure the road to the fucking airport after how many years in Iraq? Again, what exactly does that say about our "best"? It is writing the doctrine, testing the weapons and inspiring the new generations of systems and receiving the biggest boost in budgets since vietnam Why would the military want to coup against that? It's the people of the US that should stage a coup, and it would be for a little thing called truth and justice and the fucking American way. [/quote]

    It's one thing to support the troops, but to be totally blind and worse yet, to try and justify what has gone on, is incomprehensible to me. To blatently ignore facts surrounding this invasion with the justification that we're somehow strengthening our military by our actions is absurd at best.

    To say "so what" to the thousands upon thousands of people that have died for this lie is so preposterous I won't even justify it further than I have. I bet you'd be singing a different tune if you were out on the front lines with a gun in your hand. Give me holler when you get your draft notice and then I'd like to hear the words "so what" come out of your fucking mouth.

  5. #20
    Elite Member Grimmlok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    In WhoreLand fucking your MOM
    Posts
    55,372

    Default

    erm... EM does have a gun in his hand most of the time.. he isn't in Iraq just yet though.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

  6. #21
    Gold Member EvilMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sydney, Australia.
    Posts
    745

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    Hmm I guess nobody got the message about not showing the wounded in Vietnam.. that's right about when the public turned against it harshly.

    Surprise.
    Good point to highlight this.

    Yes in 1968 post Tet the VC were 90% destroyed, Tactically they had made a massive blunder and the South now had the upper hand.

    However strategically they had hit a home run, TV cameras rolled as the VC took the US embassy - To Joe Public - with no concept of tactics or war fighting and 1% situational awareness becomes an armchair general and in an election year votes for the candidate that is talking withdrawal.

    Somehow the US public managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

    Consequently -

    - They voted for a crook
    - Said crooks policy allowed for the rise of the Khmer Rouge in Cambodia, His policy even inspired it as he hid the illegal carpet bombing of cambodia from you.
    - The Khmer Rouge have an influx of volunteers.
    - The CIA ( US ) abandons the Cambodian Govt.
    - Pol Pot comes to power and 1 million people are murdered.

    That aside do not for a moment think that the like of Al Qaeda havent worked this out. look at spains withdrawal - They bomb a train just before an election in which the choice is the incumbant who supports the war or the opposition who says troops out. Amazingly despite the fact that they have just been directly attacked they vote in the no war party. They gave the terrorists what they wanted. Idiot jose Public has just made it clear he can be dictated too by a terrorist organisation and now that organisation is encouraged to do it more!

    Now more to think about.

    France and Germany.

    - Dont care about peace they dont want the US to win out in Iraq is all. They wanted the OPEC nations to follow through and choose the trade in Euro rather than the US$. and to run the oil pipeline from Iraq direct to europe. Making the EEC the world super economy.

    Russia

    - Same but the oil flows to Russia.

    US

    - Cant allow the EEC to rise. If it does you are in a world of hurt, you will have recession, unemployment will rise and with that the crime rate too and in your country that equals deaths ( that will outstrip the iraq casualties )

    It allies

    - We have our economies geared to yours too much, However we are able to re-gear faster than you so we will not be as affected.

    Some points of fact in Military matters in response to the above>

    - Invasion is War, Pretty simple concept.

    - Please state Principles of War from fact not your own assumption. I am quoting from the doctrine of Manoeuvre warfare as used by the most modern military forces.

    - Kevlar and Strike plates only protect from small arms and shrapnel. Not Blast injury which is around 75% of your casualty rate at the moment. So dont believe the hype.

    - Add the Allied nations casualties up and the count comes to 3750 including US cas. That count also includes accidental deaths ( Negligent weapon discharges, Vehicle accidents, helicopter crashes etc and suicides ( 104 suicides ) all of which happen in peacetime too. Australia has yet to lose a soldier to combat, we have had two accidental deaths. We have had more at home in training than in Iraq or afghanistan.

    Still Vietnam is a great point Grimm, look closely at the history there, learn from it and remember the

    "We learn from history that we learn nothing from history." G B Shaw.

    P.S. Define the American way? Your argument would be alot better if you quoted from a better source than a superman comic.
    Last edited by EvilMonkey; May 30th, 2007 at 07:24 PM.
    An EM is like a Scientologist - Unhinged and Unbelievable - Now shutup and place your hands on my EM-Meter

  7. #22
    Elite Member Grimmlok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    In WhoreLand fucking your MOM
    Posts
    55,372

    Default

    I heard that count only includes deaths in the theatre, the ones shipped out to germany with grievous wounds that croak later arent counted?

    Mehtinks even a general or 2 had something to say about that, cant find it tho..
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

  8. #23
    SVZ
    SVZ is offline
    Do fish have boogers? SVZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Venus
    Posts
    1,000,003,609

    Default

    It's also not 1943, information and news has developed considerably since then. People expect the full story.

  9. #24
    Gold Member EvilMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sydney, Australia.
    Posts
    745

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SVZ View Post
    It's also not 1943, information and news has developed considerably since then. People expect the full story.
    Yeah

    Editorial standards were higher and it wasnt all owned by a select few people.
    An EM is like a Scientologist - Unhinged and Unbelievable - Now shutup and place your hands on my EM-Meter

  10. #25
    Gold Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    943

    Default

    So what are reporters suppose to do? Run up to a bleeding soldier and say sign this? That's ridiculous. It's "Mission Accomplished", so we won the war. What we find ourselves in today is an occupation. We have permanent bases in Iraq and the fact is we are never leaving all that oil behind. The lying sacks of shit in Washington are just too cowardly to state the obvious.
    If you can't be a good example -- then you'll just have to be a horrible warning

  11. #26
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    67

    Default

    Um, does anyone care about the hundreds of thousands of dead Iraqis?
    We're talking probably millions of orphaned children, raped and tortured women, not to mention all the dead husbands, wives, mothers, fathers and of course the thousands of dead children.
    Oops sorry, forgot that brown skinned Middle Eastern Muslims are the world's second most expendable people behind Africans.

  12. #27
    Gold Member EvilMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sydney, Australia.
    Posts
    745

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bonham View Post
    Um, does anyone care about the hundreds of thousands of dead Iraqis?
    We're talking probably millions of orphaned children, raped and tortured women, not to mention all the dead husbands, wives, mothers, fathers and of course the thousands of dead children.
    Oops sorry, forgot that brown skinned Middle Eastern Muslims are the world's second most expendable people behind Africans.
    Um last verifiable count was around 70K. So Slight exaggeration there.

    Even with war the mortality rate over all is significantly better than many places like Colombia, South Africa, Botswana etc.

    There is also no distinction between crime related mortality and direct military related mortality.
    An EM is like a Scientologist - Unhinged and Unbelievable - Now shutup and place your hands on my EM-Meter

  13. #28
    Elite Member kingcap72's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    10 miles from Pootie Tang
    Posts
    21,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PaintTheTownRed View Post
    So what are reporters suppose to do? Run up to a bleeding soldier and say sign this? That's ridiculous. It's "Mission Accomplished", so we won the war. What we find ourselves in today is an occupation. We have permanent bases in Iraq and the fact is we are never leaving all that oil behind. The lying sacks of shit in Washington are just too cowardly to state the obvious.
    Exactly. Plus, if Bush is so concerned about the welfare of the troops then he wouldn't have let Walter Reed hospital become such a piece of shit. Our wounded troops should at least be able to recover in a hospital that isn't falling apart. But, then again, why would a draft dodger like him care about real military personnel?

  14. #29
    Elite Member olivia720's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Wisconsin, United States
    Posts
    10,860

    Default

    Just when I thought I couldn't hate Bush any more.

  15. #30
    Elite Member Born In A Brothel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,395

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bonham View Post
    Um, does anyone care about the hundreds of thousands of dead Iraqis?
    We're talking probably millions of orphaned children, raped and tortured women, not to mention all the dead husbands, wives, mothers, fathers and of course the thousands of dead children.
    Oops sorry, forgot that brown skinned Middle Eastern Muslims are the world's second most expendable people behind Africans.
    Sadly, no they don't. Controlling images and placing bans is too Red for my liking, but I don't really see how it will make a difference, or if anyone really cares. How many mornings do you wake up to read about x-number of new deaths and kidnappings in the paper or online? Pictures do put a face on those wounded or killed, but until it happens in their own backyard, the majority gives a damn. People read it and then go about their day, they don't really care, sad but true. Remember the first beheading video that made the rounds, Nick Berg (rest in peace) and was in the news? He's now forgotten, and even when his father wanted the whole incident investigated, the pukes silenced him and called him a wacko.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Even U.S. soldiers hate President Bush
    By SVZ in forum U.S. Politics and Issues
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: January 2nd, 2007, 06:49 PM
  2. Wounded Soldiers Fight Off Bill Collectors at Home
    By Delphinium in forum U.S. Politics and Issues
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: July 3rd, 2006, 10:36 AM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: April 27th, 2006, 10:18 AM
  4. Bush wants crippled soldiers to pay more of their health costs
    By Grimmlok in forum U.S. Politics and Issues
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: February 21st, 2006, 01:02 PM
  5. Private funds to care for wounded soldiers? Where is the government?
    By buttmunch in forum U.S. Politics and Issues
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: January 20th, 2006, 09:46 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •