Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Budget woes cut health care for illegal immigrants

A*O

Legal residents in Oz have access to the public health system too. So far it's not mandatory to become a citizen too which confers voting rights, jury duty, a passport, work as a public servant, eg, police, etc. You can become a citizen after 3 year's permanent residency and if you plan to stay here I can't see any reason why you wouldn't but I know a lot of PRs, especially Brits, who've lived here almost all their lives and still haven't become Australians. Odd.

As for illegals, most of them are stopped at the border (it's handy being an island) and unless they have a legitimate claim for political asylum - which they all try to claim, natch - they are locked up and put on the next plane home. Even asylum seekers are locked up pending investigations by the Immigration Dept. Some bleeding hearts say it's unhumane but seeing how other countries fail to keep track of illegals if they are allowed to remain at large in the community our system seems to work a lot better.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

I want to know why I was EVER paying for illegal residents' insulin in the first place. That's bullshit.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

because companies that we all frequent would and did hire "them". if there was no one hiring them, they wouldn't be here.

if they weren't here, those companies would hire people at a decent wage & do the right thing - it's an endless argument that goes round and round. If you can't be here legally, don't be here at all. If you do come here legally, pay your own fucking bills - or carry your ass to Mexico and get your insulin there and let them cover the cost.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Let me shed some tears because people who are here illegally are going to be forced to stop leeching from the taxpayers. Why am I, and every other taxpayer, footing the bill for this woman's insulin and other medical needs of illegal immigrants?

I am tired of criminals being rewarded for their crimes.

*applause*

dreaming about being on a lake in Ontario

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    if they weren't here, those companies would hire people at a decent wage & do the right thing - it's an endless argument that goes round and round. If you can't be here legally, don't be here at all. If you do come here legally, pay your own fucking bills - or carry your ass to Mexico and get your insulin there and let them cover the cost.
    I so agree with this. Employers want the cheap wages. If they would pay a decent wage they would get plenty of Americans applying. when I was 18 I was able to get my own apartment on my Kmart salary. This was in San Diego. Try that now, no way.
    If I can't be a good example, then let me be a horrible warning.

So is it just illegals that are losing out or do they actually help Americans too?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information