Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bristol Palin is Candie's Teen Ambassador against pregnancy

Or she could've just said 'Levi and I are working things out in private, so I don't want to get into that now.'

I think sometimes the best people to give advice are people who have done something and regretted it. I don't have a problem with her getting out there and saying, "This is the reality of teen pregnancy/motherhood... it's not glamorous... it's hard work... it's shameful" or whatever her message is. Let teens hear about the real consequences from one of their own who is having to deal with them.

Elite Member

Default Re

Well, yeah, it can be a lot more effective to hear 'the talk' from an 18 year old unwed mother than from a middle-aged gym teacher who you can never imagine having sex.

But I don't like the idea that she's going on this 'shame' tour because her mother wants her to make an example of herself or be a poster child for teen sex. Especially since she was heard to say a couple of months ago that abstinence isn't realistic.

She's claiming what she said about the abstinence being unrealistic was "taken out of context". Like mother, like daughter.

Teenagers can smell bullshit quicker than we can, and they know that she was fucking way before she got caught...I mean pregnant..AGAIN!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Bristol's hillbilly-to-riches glamour teen mom story is really going to discourage those young teens with nothing else in their lives and no appreciation from becoming a "courageous mommy" on their own.

dead yet?
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

I can't stand Mark McGrath. Just wanted to get that off my chest.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

Elite Member

I have just fucking had enough.

Every goddamn thing on TV, radio, etc. uses sex to sell stuff. Why? Because sex is one of the most powerful human drives and is a big motivator. And yet we expect teenagers who are full of raging hormones not to have sex.

The energy people put into denying that teen sexuality exists (while at the same time sex is virtually ubiquitous) could be better spent educating kids about how to know when the time is right, how to have better relationships, how to wait as long as they possibly can, and how to protect themselves when they do have sex.

It is such a load of fucking bullshit and I am tired of it.

Quote Originally Posted by BBDSP View Post
    The energy people put into denying that teen sexuality exists (while at the same time sex is virtually ubiquitous) could be better spent educating kids about how to know when the time is right, how to have better relationships, how to wait as long as they possibly can, and how to protect themselves when they do have sex.
    I agree. If you can educate kids to show them that's it's to their advantage not to have sex, you have a better chance. It's certainly possible to be abstinent until you're more mature, it's just that YOU have to make that choice. You don't choose it because some political/religious leader guilts you into saying you'll be abstinent, you choose it because you know you'll have a better chance at being a happy, successful adult (i.e., making it to college, not having a baby until you're an adult, not getting diseases, not being coerced into something you're not ready for). If you do decide to do it, you should be fully educated about iL, including contraception. It's about informed, individual choice. Oh, sorry, our country doesn't like choice.

Quote Originally Posted by southernbelle View Post
    I think sometimes the best people to give advice are people who have done something and regretted it. I don't have a problem with her getting out there and saying, "This is the reality of teen pregnancy/motherhood... it's not glamorous... it's hard work... it's shameful" or whatever her message is. Let teens hear about the real consequences from one of their own who is having to deal with them.
    I agree. I think it's better coming from someone that's been through it, than from someone that just wants to act like they know what's going on.

Yeah, I bet she starts spewing the abstinence crap
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Elite Member

Default re

I agree that it is good to have someone who's been through it. My hope is that this is something Bristol is doing willingly and that she will offer some insights that might be helpful to other kids.

At the same time, I dislike the idea of her having to do 'the perp walk' because she had sex and got caught (ie, pregnant).

Believe me, I have 2 teenage daughters. My oldest is about to turn 18, and I know that she's still a virgin but I know she won't always be. I don't want her to get married young so that she can have a license to screw, that's just stupid. I want her to have a rich, interesting life where she gets the chance to do as many things as possible, not be sitting in some shitty town because she got knocked up.

And if that means that I need to acknowledge and be upfront about the fact that people actually like having sex and that being ready for sex means being grown up enough to talk to your sex partner about STDs and pregnancy and love and responsibility, etc. then so be it. I am talking about all those things with both my daughters because they deserve better than to be left to make to tough choices on their own because grown ups would rather pretend that kids don't have sex.

Quote Originally Posted by BBDSP View Post
    And yet we expect teenagers who are full of raging hormones not to have sex.

It is such a load of fucking bullshit and I am tired of it.
    Exactly. That's why I think the abstinance-only is a crock of shit.
    Kids and teens have been, are, and will be having sex.

Facts of life.

Elite Member

And here's another little irony. By acknowledging that teenagers do have sex, you might actually have a better chance of reducing the number of abortions.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information