Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: A brilliant trap makes Dems the male chauvinists

Quote Originally Posted by NicoleWasHere View Post
    I'm not in a panicked tizzy over it, per-say. But I am worried, IF McCain gets it, this woman has a very good chance of having to take over the presidency
    It worries alot of people. Add to that no one knows her views on foreign policy (probably shares McSame's philosophy) and that she's a conservative Christian who could potentially pick 2 or even 3 new supreme court justices. Roe v. Wade will be history.

Quote Originally Posted by tkdgirl View Post
    And ploy? How many times have we heard, 'if you don't vote for Obama, you're a racist?'
    Wow. I've actually never heard that before. Coming from you, it's the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by Calimoonchild View Post
    Honestly? Never.

I'm dead serious.
    Ditto.

Quote Originally Posted by louiswinthorpe111 View Post
    If you don't vote for Obama, you're stupid, not a racist.
    LOL.

Just what we need. A woman telling others what they can and cannot do with their bodies.

And bychance, that pic you posted is f*ing hilarious!

Quote Originally Posted by cmmdee View Post
    And bychance, that pic you posted is f*ing hilarious!
    ITA! It'd be even funnier if someone put it on a billboard!

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by tkdgirl View Post
    Ignorant of how things in Alaska work? Um, no. I know that they are a state just like any other. And to use the 'they get this and that' line only furthers to foster class warfare. And average skills? Then that makes Obama below average.
    I believe your point about Obama's 'below average skills' has been answered.

As to the rest, it's widely acknowledged that having natural resources that people pay to mine, and then pay royalties for is an excellent way of reducing a state's budget load. It's like having money grow on trees. Therefore, any economic or budgetary accomplishments should be viewed in context of having a source of revenue that most governemtns do not enjoy.

These comments from an Alaskan ("Sue Williams") who knows the Palin family are the best!
    Sue Williams (19:57:07) :
    Hey Logic - I didn’t say nobody tells lies. Goodness, read the accounts of Sarah at andrew halcro.com and at the adn.com for the past six weeks. Make up your own mind about whether Sarah and her closest associates in her Administration were telling lies (hint: her close aide, Frank Bailey is now on leave with pay b/c he was caught in the most pathetic, on tape, lying shenanigan). But, do I think CBJ, Sarah’s doc, would lie? I do not think so.
    Houston - her mayoral races were like a stroll through the park on a hot summer day. Her dad has basically taught everyone out here when they were in middle school science. She won her last mayoral race with less than 1,000 votes. It takes more than that to win a seat on the Valley’s school board.
    What hasn’t been reported, at least not much, is that she was unemployed for almost three years before becoming gov. So, people talk about how she was gov for two years - make that 20 months. And before that? Unemployed for almost three years. She ran for mayor on a line of Positively Palin. Everyone knew her and her family. It wasn’t a nasty race.
    The race for gov wasn’t exactly “nasty” either. She played the sympathy card constantly. It’s weird how people who aren’t paying attention will fall for it.
    She ran for gov against the LEAST LIKED GOV IN THE UNION. His positive numbers were single digits. The local dog catcher could have run and won. Come on, people. This IS Alaska. She won b/c she got in the race so early and I think it kept more qualified people out. Also, the former gov took forever to decide if he’d run for reelection. If he hadn’t, the other guy on the Rep. side would have walked away with the win easily. But, the old gov and the other guy - John Binkley, who was the favorite in the business/thinking community - didn’t count on Sarah being served up no scrutiny in the press. The local press just ran pictures of her and whatdoyaknow? She won. And now she’ll apparently be VP and possilbly president.
    The only thing - business wise - she did while being unemployed for almost three years, was to file for a business license she called Cou Rouge or Rouge Cou (I don’t know French). But it means “redneck” in French. Sarah wanted to start a local political consulting firm.
    Scary indeed.
    Sue Williams (20:57:00) :
    Part of this is kind of starting to be funny for me - though, from a Valley Perspective (for anyone who wants to hear this) yesterday felt like someone had died. People were walking around saying how they wanted to throw up. Truly. I’ve never heard (or read, try andrew halcro.com or adn.com so many people describe feeling like they were going to get physically sick and vomit). That’s how CRAZY this sounded to all of us. (fyi - on those blogs, esp the adn site you’ll find a posse of Palinbots - as they’re referred to up here - who think she can do no wrong. These are what we call “bumper sticker” citizens. If an idea is too long for a bumper sticker, it’s too complicated for them to try and wrap their minds around. These people, by and large, compose Sarah’s base. The 80% approval numbers you all - and presumably McCain - heard of where wrong).
    But today, I’m torn between being angry and being sad and being shocked and — well, finding this whole thing so gosh darned funny. When EVERYONE except the bumper sticker citz KNOW beyond any shadow of any doubt that there is no way Sarah is qualified for this post - well, it makes me just shake my head as a Republican.
    The chatter now is whether she’ll survive the first two weeks - what with her upcoming deposition this week on Troopergate matters and the brewing baby questions. Will Sarah be another Eagleton? And, if so, will she be as gracious as Chuck Kopp was less than a month ago when she tapped him to be Commissioner of Public Safety without vetting him worth squat (it came out almost immediately he had a scandal in his past). She held onto him for two weeks before the pressure became overbearing and she let him go (with a nice $15,000 severance check that she didn’t disclose until it was reported on a local blog). Will she be as gracious as Chuck Kopp if and when McCain wakes up to his insanity and realizes he has to find someone who actually knows something about the job?
    Sue Williams (08:34:00) :
    You all are a hoot. Kind of. You have no idea how surreal this whole pick is for Alaskans. NO ONE up here that I know - beside “bumper sticker citz” think Sarah is ready for - heck, the Senate, let alone VP or the White House. It’s truly crazy.
    Here are the facts - and really, if you want to spend time trying to understand Sarah, my best advice to you is to go to Andrew Halcro.com and read the past six weeks worth of his blog entries and the comments section - or, the Anchorage Daily News (adn.com). The ADN is very Palin friendly (the staff is all hoping she’ll bring them on board her Administration - cynical? Yes. But, kind of true, too. She rewarded the editor with a nice post in DC once she was elected gov).
    Re: the pregnancy stuff. I wouldn’t bother trying to track down anymore photos. Some I’ve seen have the wrong dates assoicated with them anyway. Sarah gave birth to Trig. Many of us in Alaska speculated she kept her mouth shut b/c she didn’t want people in DC to know when she went there in Feb (it allowed her to get to talk VP speculation). By the end of the preg (like late March, early April) she did look pregnant - her face got full and she only wore black changing out her scarves for color.
    Trig is Sarah and Todd’s baby. She was very open (once she told everyone she was pregnant) that learning she was pregnant was a difficult thing, let alone learning he had Down’s. Sarah is amazingly ambitious. She doesn’t like to let anything stop her - clearly, she, and all of us, and anyone with a functioning mind, saw this pregnancy as taking her out of VP speculation. But, what do you know, John McCain I guess, doesn’t have a functioning mind.
    Bristol Palin is pregnant. She is well into her third trimester. She has been out of sight in Alaska for the past couple months. I learned the morning we all heard Sarah was chosen that Bristol and her high school boyfriend had had a quickie wedding. So, at least Sarah’s grandchild won’t be born to an unwed teenage mother, just a teenage, senior in high school mother.
    When Todd and Sarah first learned Bristol was pregnant, they were “devastated” - which parents wouldn’t be? Sarah said she knew the scrutiny of the press would be hard for Bristol to take.
    And then Sarah decides it’s okay to run for VP? If she thought the press in down home Alaska - a press corp who has given her family a free pass and who, even tho they’ve known about Bristol’s pregnancy for months, hasn’t touched it with a ten foot pole - if Sarah thought Alaska’s press would be hard for Bristol to bear, just exactly what did she think the nation’s press pool would be like? Or the fact that by accepting McCain’s offer to join the ticket, Sarah knew full well Bristol will become the most well known pregnant high school senior ON THE PLANET.
    Apparently that’s what blind ambition does for you, folks. It blinds you to the hearts and needs and lives and emotions and futures of everyone around you - incl. your own daughter who, God only knows how she’ll bear up under the shock and shame when this story finally comes out.
    No thank you. I would like a VP candidate who puts the lives of the people she’s supposed to be caring for first, above her own.
    Sue Williams (10:03:54) :
    Hey Laura - now there’s a good question, because the “Bristol got a quickie wedding” remark I heard from a friend was Friday morning while all this was hitting the fan in AK. If she really is married, there would have to be a public document somewhere. I suppose checking up here or checking Idaho (where it was presumed she was sent) would be the natural choices to look. I really questioned the person who told me, but they were adament that they’d been told the truth about the wedding. It kind of made sense to me (I mean would McCain really choose a woman who has an unwed pregnant home schooled daughter for VP?). But then, would McCain really choose a mother who has a wed pregnant homeschooled teenager for VP?
    Um.
    Yes.
    Sue Williams (10:11:42) :
    Hey Clever Else. No worries. I know it must be beyond bizarre to think any of this is truly happening. Well, welcome to my world. I’ve had to live in it (crazy, insane, nonsensical Alaskan politics) for most of my life. But Friday’s announcement took the Insane to depths even I didn’t know existed.
    If you can tear yourself away from the Sarah Stuff, sometime, just to clear your head, read up on our Congressman, Don Young.
    He, all by his little wacky self, would provide enough material for Jon Stewart and the Colberg guy for a year. A year, I tell you.
    Do you know that a growing number of former legislators (like one of our most recent Speakers of the House) populate federal pens up and down the West Coast? You can’t make this stuff up. Really. I wish you could, I promise. I wish, desperately, this wasn’t real time. But, it is what it is. Sarah is what she is and once the nation finds out, and once conservatives find out, and the Christian community finds out and heck, even good old John McCain finds out who and what Sarah Palin really is, then it’s all over.
    But will they find out before the election?
    That’s the only question.

^^I'm almost inclined to believe the baby is Palin's after reading that, but something still seems off. Especially all of the reports about most people saying she didn't even look pregnant when she was supposedly seven or eight months along. And then there's the whole leaking a trail of fluid from Texas to Alaska bit.

^If it really is hers, then my god is she reckless. I rather believe it was a cover up story than believe a woman (with her husband traveling with her) was so reckless with a high-risk pregnancy. The cover up story means at least the baby wasn't at risk during travel. If it really is hers, then she really is so ambitious that she would risk possible infection and injury to her child than miss out on giving a speech. Terrible. Just terrible!

What hasn’t been reported, at least not much, is that she was unemployed for almost three years before becoming gov. So, people talk about how she was gov for two years - make that 20 months. And before that? Unemployed for almost three years. She ran for mayor on a line of Positively Palin. Everyone knew her and her family. It wasn’t a nasty race.
    What a smart, hard working woman..
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Hit By Ban Bus!
    Cyberland fan club, smelling the desperation

She wouldn't be the first yokel to ever grace the White House. Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy View Post
    ^If it really is hers, then my god is she reckless. I rather believe it was a cover up story than believe a woman (with her husband traveling with her) was so reckless with a high-risk pregnancy. The cover up story means at least the baby wasn't at risk during travel. If it really is hers, then she really is so ambitious that she would risk possible infection and injury to her child than miss out on giving a speech. Terrible. Just terrible!
    Exactly. That's why I don't understand how any intelligent person could believe that ANY woman would go into labor, give a 30-minute speech and then jump on a plane? High-risk pregnancy or not. I mean, there can be all kinds of complications with labor, so if it is Palin's baby that means she risked her life, and her kid's life, for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by SSDiva View Post
    What a smart, hard working woman..
    Yeah, guess that "brilliant trap" to make the Democrats look like chauvinists went *poof*!

^^The 'brilliant Palin trap' just made McCain look senile and stupid. He couldn't have picked a worse VP.

Default Red State Update: Sarah Palin Picked As McCain's VP

[youtube]-W5IAPK0hbU[/youtube]

^^That shit was hysterical. And the sad part is you know that conversation IS taking place in parts of the country.

The part about Hillary putting 18 million cracks in the glass ceiling by looking at it was wrong, but still funny.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    Exactly. That's why I don't understand how any intelligent person could believe that ANY woman would go into labor, give a 30-minute speech and then jump on a plane? High-risk pregnancy or not. I mean, there can be all kinds of complications with labor, so if it is Palin's baby that means she risked her life, and her kid's life, for nothing.

I think that poster Sue Williams is a plant to deflect the focus away from the original rumours- To me with that long jaunt across the continant taking a very long flight with a premature DS baby and a leaky vagina and then travels to a dinky hospital to deliver. Her baby non bump that makes her a reverse Katie Holmes. Nahhh this doesnt fit
    Either her daughter is pregnant 'again' or not. I dont think Palin is Trig's mother but this shows she is sold her daughter down the line by thrusting her in the spotlight to deflect the rumours. Why couldnt she release a statement just saying the rumours are crap.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information