Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: A brilliant trap makes Dems the male chauvinists

Quote Originally Posted by tkdgirl View Post
    Obama has 10 years of political experience? Yeah, Palin has 11. And your proof of the baby is all heresy. Nothing more.

And most of that experience is from being a mayor. Sounds great, I'd gladly elect a mayoral political novice into the White House!

*spits on the ground* Right.

IMO Obama could have had this wrapped up if he had picked Hilary as VP. Sad but true. It would have unified the whole party.

^ Even if Hillary and Obama got on great, there's no way that he could've picked her as his VP candidate. The reason being Bill. Who would want an ex-president sitting there with every move you made in the White House? If Hillary was VP, the press would be asking Bill every other week what he thought of Obama doing this or Obama doing that.

Think about it. When a new CEO comes in to play at a company, s/he doesn't keep around the old one. It would become a question of whom does the company's employees listen to - their experienced former CEO or the brand-new one?

Ignorant of how things in Alaska work? Um, no. I know that they are a state just like any other. And to use the 'they get this and that' line only furthers to foster class warfare. And average skills? Then that makes Obama below average.

As for the baby, she did what she did on her doctor's approval. Whether or not you agree with it isn't grounds for spreading rumors.
    Are you serious? I don't even know where to begin with this post....

Holy tamale lady. You must live in a very sheltered region of our country to be so self-satisfied with your level of insight.

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    I think the verdict is still out on the "brilliant" part.

Quote Originally Posted by nycgirly101 View Post
    ITA... she doesn't stand for anything Hillary Clinton does, and I don't see what they have in common besides being female. It's still a historic election, but I don't see how her being a woman will automatically attract the vast majority of female Clinton voters- as they are mostly pro-choice democrats. It's actually pretty condescending on McCain's part to believe women who supported Clinton will automatically switch over now that he is running with Palin. Give me a break- Palin, while I'm sure she's a very nice lady, seems like she has no idea what she's doing at all. He could have at least picked another Republican female with more experience and qualifications, but he opted to pick the former beauty queen. It's absurd.

I'm not saying that he picked her just because she's a woman, just that he could have picked a more qualified GOP female.
    Precisely!

Obama has 10 years of political experience? Yeah, Palin has 11. .
    I'm sure this isn't the last time I'l have to inform you of reality, but here we go:

10+ years of political experience:
    Illinois Senate 1996-2004 = 8 years
    United States Senate 2004-present = 4 years
    8 + 4 = 12

Plus, other relevant professional experience:
    5 years of community organizing:
    1983-1988 Director of the Developing Communities Project (DCP), a church-based community organization originally comprising eight Catholic parishes in Greater Roseland on Chicago's South Side.

11 years of teaching as a law professor:
    1993-2004 at U. of Chicago

9 years as an attorney
    1993-2002 Worked as an associate attorney with Davis, Miner, Barnhill & Galland.

Barack Obama's Résumé

she's anti-abortion, anti-gay, pro death and violence, and a beauty queen bimbo.

she's the epitome of the conservative woman, and she's as shallow as a paris hilton clone.

It's not brilliant. How is this brilliant? She doesn't even know what her position would entail if she got it!

All the has is the "omg it's a woman!" novelty and once that wears off in about a week (and the rest of these stories keep circulating about her) it's going to look incredibly boneheaded.

Oh, and could the media stop calling McSame a 'maverick'? Voting 95% of the time with Bush and his failed stupidies is not "maverick". It's RUBBER STAMP.

oh and i'm sorry.. this little gem?

The McCain camp watched and learned as Obama supporters offended Hillary supporters by their treatment of her. The McCainiacs had to know that this group is incapable of behaving, that Palin would bring out their worst instincts.
    Patently idiotic. Way to go, New York Post.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

I am overjoyed that this choice has sent liberals into a panicked tizzy.
    Actually, this choice has made me completed disgusted and amazed that no Republicans are even questioning this choice in public. No one thinking, analyzing, questioning on any shows or statements. Of course, no one of those traits really apply to Republicans anyway...they just blindly believe what they've been told and the conservative talking points.

One of the Republicans I know says he and his wife are thrilled with Palin. And I told him that's because she appeals to the pro-life, pro-gun social conservative crowd. He starts going on about how she's not pro-abortion like Obama is and I just laughed in his face.

^^Holy shit!!

Here's some excerpts from an Alaskan reporter following Palin's VP nomination:
    Los Angeles, Calif.: It's clear from your responses that you don't particularly like her (I'm not speaking personally, but politically.) How do you explain her high approval ratings?
    Gregg Erickson: I think she did a great job in taking on the oil industry, that has had a lock on Alaska politics since 1981 She is also stood up against the corruption in Alaska politics long before it was fashionable to do so. . I think those things resonate with many Alaskans beside myself.
    Her approval ratings are high--65 percent, or so--but down from 80 percent earlier in her term. Most Alaskan's haven't watched her as closely as most reporters or legislators. If you took a poll of reporters and legislators I expect her approval rating would be down in the teens or twenties.
    Washington, D.C.: Why don't reporters and legislators have a high opinion of the governor?
    Gregg Erickson: It is clear that she has not paid much attention to the nitty-gritty unglamorous work of government, of gaining consensus, and making difficult compromises. She seems to be of the view that politics should be all rather simple. That often appeals to the wider public, but frustrates those who see themselves as laboring in the less glamorous parts of the vineyard.
    Wow! She really is Yukon Barbie!
    Eagle River, Ak.: Morning, Gregg! I've suddenly being hearing a number of pundits credit Gov. Palin with stopping the "bridge to nowhere." This isn't how I remember it, though -- in fact, I seem to recall that she was initially in favor of the bridge. Could you clarify? Thanks!
    Gregg Erickson: She did curtail state support of the "bridge to nowhere" connecting Ketchikan with its island airport. But contrary to her statement today in Dayton, OH, she didn't send the federal money back. It's available for use in other projects elsewhere.
    Read more: Palin the VP Choice - washingtonpost.com

Quote Originally Posted by bychance View Post
    This picture sums it up.

Quote Originally Posted by bychance View Post
    That's just so wrong!! But,
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

^I know, I said this is wrong but I HAVE to post it.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information