Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: A brilliant trap makes Dems the male chauvinists

Quote Originally Posted by tkdgirl View Post
    And ploy? How many times have we heard, 'if you don't vote for Obama, you're a racist?'
    Honestly? Never.

I'm dead serious.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    You forgot to mention the part where she's under investigation and that she's tied to the oil companies through her husband. So, how much reform is that?

And your thread title was 'Brilliant trap makes Dems the male chauvinists.' And the 'you're racist if you don't vote Obama' card constantly gets thrown down by the people who don't want to vote for him.
    And you are also forgetting to mention she welcomes the investigation, has been nothing but forthright, and the guy in question, not only threatened her father in front of her and her oldest son, but also tasered his 10 year old son, Sarah's nephew.

So investigation? Bring it on! If Rezko and Ayers haven't hurt Obama, then this should probably increase her popularity!

A government big enough to give you everything you want,
    is strong enough to take everything you have. ~Thomas Jefferson

1. Palin was hired as part of an ethics committee to investigate corruption on the Alaska Oil and Gas Conservation Commission from 2003 to 2004. When she presented her findings, her findings were ignored. She quit, and inspired by the obvious 'old boy Republicans' network, ran for governor. She defeated the incumbent Republican in the primary, and went on to become Alaska's governor, beating a guy. She did this, all without the support of the state GOP. And those ethics bad guys? Yeah, they were found guilty.
    Whopee! She's now under investigation herself. You seem to have forgotten that part. And her daughter's baby coverup.

5. She went after big oil in Alaska, increasing profit taxes by a fraction, but resulting in millions of dollars for the state and Alaska's citizens. Her experience in working with big oil shows that she has a fair approach for free markets as well as the citizens of her state.
    She renegotiated due to high oil prices. This is a no brainer. You want to heap big praise on someone for no brainers?? Besides, why would this be an asset given current the current energy situation? Both Bush and Cheney were oil men. If their experience didn't help them, why would it help her? Alaska is RELIANT on their oil money. They could not survive without it. If they did not have it, the population in the state would drop dramatically.

6. Her 'executive' experience began in 1996 when she was elected Mayor of Wasilla, her home town. Why was she elected? To cut back on wasteful spending in the town she grew up in. Ironically, she convinced the town to increase taxes to cover the cost of a new indoor arena. Her passion for sports and dedication to her hometown got the project passed.
    "Wasteful spending"? Come on! There's not a lot they have to budget for in a town of less than 10,000! If you're going to tout someone's budget skills, why don't you start praising all the university presidents across the nation who have more students than her hometown of Wasilla, a larger staffs to manage and larger budgets!

7. She, like McCain, is someone who has 'reached across the aisle' and worked with democrats and independents in the Alaska government, leading to an average approval rating of over 80%. Ironically, some of the major cuts she made included pet projects of members of her own party. Were they happy? No. Did it matter? No.
    I remember hearing the same thing about Bush and the TX legislature. "He's a uniter, not a divider!" Seems it he couldn't do the same in DC.

8. And this one is a biggie... she completely revoked the previous admin's 'big oil contracts' for the natural gas pipeline and opened it up to competitive bids. It was her first piece of legislation (the Alaska Gasline Inducement Act) her administration passed. The legislation itself calls for open bids with $500 million in incentives provided the developer meets very stringent guidelines. What happened to the previous three big oil companies? Yeah, two chose to not submit bids. But BP and Conoco Phillips have a competing pipeline going, which ensures prosperity for Alaskan residents. TransCanada was recently announced as 'the winner' though federal licenses, etc. must still be approved.
    "Revoked the previous admin's 'big oil contracts'"? More like renegotiated due to the high oil prices. Basically a no brainer.

9. Just recently, last week, Palin signed an energy bill that will help Alaskan residents with skyrocketing energy costs. Highlights of the bill include refunds to eligible Alaska residents from the state's natural resources. It also suspends the state tax on gasoline, marine and aviation fuel. That's 8 cents less a gallon. It falls in line with McCain, who also has advocated eliminating the sales tax on gas. When signing the bill, she said, '“Conserving energy and using it more efficiently doesn’t necessarily mean you have to sacrifice your quality of life,” said Governor Palin. “It’s the little things, like making sure lights, computers and appliances are turned off – and slowing down on the road, which will save money spent on gasoline.'
    Again, when you're flush with oil money you can cut your state's taxes. Nevada is in in the same situation when it comes to their state revenue except theirs comes from gambling instead of oil. Nevada has low taxes, which is why so many retirees have moved there in the past 15 years.

11. She reduced property taxes by an average 40%.
    Of course she did. You can do things like that when all you have to do is hit up the oil companies for your state revenue.

Quote Originally Posted by louiswinthorpe111 View Post
    I guess that answers how she got home from Texas when she was in "labor."
    She flew on Alaska Airlines home.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy View Post
    Whopee! She's now under investigation herself. You seem to have forgotten that part. And her daughter's baby coverup.

She renegotiated due to high oil prices. This is a no brainer. You want to heap big praise on someone for no brainers?? Besides, why would this be an asset given current the current energy situation? Both Bush and Cheney were oil men. If their experience didn't help them, why would it help her? Alaska is RELIANT on their oil money. They could not survive without it. If they did not have it, the population in the state would drop dramatically.

"Wasteful spending"? Come on! There's not a lot they have to budget for in a town of less than 10,000! If you're going to tout someone's budget skills, why don't you start praising all the university presidents across the nation who have more students than her hometown of Wasilla, a larger staffs to manage and larger budgets!

I remember hearing the same thing about Bush and the TX legislature. "He's a uniter, not a divider!" Seems it he couldn't do the same in DC.

"Revoked the previous admin's 'big oil contracts'"? More like renegotiated due to the high oil prices. Basically a no brainer.

Again, when you're flush with oil money you can cut your state's taxes. Nevada is in in the same situation when it comes to their state revenue except theirs comes from gambling instead of oil. Nevada has low taxes, which is why so many retirees have moved there in the past 15 years.

Of course she did. You can do things like that when all you have to do is hit up the oil companies for your state revenue.

Oh here we go... hate the states that have oil as a natural resource. Why am I not surprised? And the fact that you are actually believing an utter ridiculous rumor about her baby just proves to me how utterly fearful the left is of this candidate.

I am overjoyed that this choice has sent liberals into a panicked tizzy.

And you are also forgetting to mention she welcomes the investigation, has been nothing but forthright, and the guy in question, not only threatened her father in front of her and her oldest son, but also tasered his 10 year old son, Sarah's nephew.

So investigation? Bring it on! If Rezko and Ayers haven't hurt Obama, then this should probably increase her popularity!
    Unfortunately for her this investigation may uncover some other things about her that could hurt McCain.

But that's what happens when you pick a VP that you met only one time. That's a lot of thought to give to the person who will be a heartbeat away from the presidency.

As for Obama and Rezko, he wasn't accused of doing anything wrong, Palin is accused of abusing her power. Big difference. And Ayers, come on, Obama was too young to have anything to do with that, so that's not even relevant.

I haven't heard the exact words "if you don't vote for Obama you're racist", but I have heard people (I'm not referring to posters here) insinuate that and claim that "the lack of experience question (for Obama) is veiled racism." That's a little bit of a stretch. Some people are honestly concerned about his experience level, just as they are with Palin. I do think some people try and find every little thing wrong with Obama to try and justify their own racism (whether they realize it or not), but if they're genuinely concerned about experience level that's a different story.

I have never heard anyone remotely say that the 'inexperience' label is racism, veiled or otherwise. It's a legimate point.

Now, the things that could be considered veiled racism against Obama are:

1) he's a Muslim
    2) he's unAmerican
    3) he's unpatriotic
    4) his name sounds like Osama, and constantly reminding people that his middle name is Hussein.

Panicked tizzy? Not even close. I think the universal response has been, 'Who?'

I'm not in a panicked tizzy over it, per-say. But I am worried, IF McCain gets it, this woman has a very good chance of having to take over the presidency. Before anyone starts calling me a sexist over it, let me tell you something: This woman has no federal government experience. Two years of governorship proves what?

I'd trust Palin to be in office LESS than McCain, or if someone arose Richard Nixon from the dead and put HIM back in the White House.

I'm just going to say this, now. The fact that anyone would willingly vote for a man, who thinks the economy is in good shape, unemployment rates are low, is borderline senile, has an anger issue, and whose vice presidential pick is still a political novice, is very frightening. Isn't the past eight years of plight enough? How fucked up does this country need to be, before everyone can be convinced that we need to change some things, around here? With McCain/Palin, we're just not likely to get it, and I don't understand why people don't see that.

Oh here we go... hate the states that have oil as a natural resource. Why am I not surprised?
    I don't hate the states that have oil as a natural resource. I never said such a thing. However, how Alaska brings in its state revenue is completely different from a state such as New York, California, Michigan, Texas and Washington. Something that you seem to be missing each time you want to laud Palin's 'accomplishments' as governor.

tkdgirl, you seem completely ignorant of how different things are in Alaska from the rest of the nation. Most of the land is under federal jurisdiction by way of being a national park, forest or preserve. It has a small population, which is the only reason why on a yearly basis they can send Alaskan residents money from the oil profits. In order to attract teachers up to Alaska for the school system, Alaska offers lifetime health benefits for teachers who teach only 5 years up there! Do you know another state that can afford to do that?

At most, she is average in her skills. She has not demonstrated anything many mayors or governors have not had to do across the nation. But now that McCain has picked her as VP, Republicans have nothing to do but praise her "accomplishments" as making her the "most qualified." They have no other choice. I saw all the Republicans on many networks yesterday. Most of them were struggling for words when asked if she was more qualified than Mitt Romney, Kay Bailey Hutchinson or Olympia Snowe.

And the fact that you are actually believing an utter ridiculous rumor about her baby just proves to me how utterly fearful the left is of this candidate.
    Ridiculous?
    1) Palin is 44, which automatically makes any pregancy she would have at that age high risk.
    2) None of her staff knew she was pregnant until she announced it at 7 months! Amazing! She must have had the easiest pregnancy EVER! Clearly she had no morning sickness or any kind of complication! No one dealing with her schedule knew she was making extra doctor visits for a baby. And a problematic one at that since the baby has downs!
    3) Doesn't look pregnant at all in pictures of her in the third trimester.
    4) She took a 6+ hour flight back to Alaska after leaking amniotic fluid to have the baby in Alaska. All doctors can tell you that she did not follow common medical advice which would be to go to the nearest hospital so you don't risk infection. Considering she's 44, which automatically makes her high risk, taking a 6+ flight under these circumstances is unconscienable.

Panic? Keep dreaming. McCain's pick of her is the gift that keeps on giving.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy View Post
    I don't hate the states that have oil as a natural resource. I never said such a thing. However, how Alaska brings in its state revenue is completely different from a state such as New York, California, Michigan, Texas and Washington. Something that you seem to be missing each time you want to laud Palin's 'accomplishments' as governor.

tkdgirl, you seem completely ignorant of how different things are in Alaska from the rest of the nation. Most of the land is under federal jurisdiction by way of being a national park, forest or preserve. It has a small population, which is the only reason why on a yearly basis they can send Alaskan residents money from the oil profits. In order to attract teachers up to Alaska for the school system, Alaska offers lifetime health benefits for teachers who teach only 5 years up there! Do you know another state that can afford to do that?

At most, she is average in her skills. She has not demonstrated anything many mayors or governors have not had to do across the nation. But now that McCain has picked her as VP, Republicans have nothing to do but praise her "accomplishments" as making her the "most qualified." They have no other choice. I saw all the Republicans on many networks yesterday. Most of them were struggling for words when asked if she was more qualified than Mitt Romney, Kay Bailey Hutchinson or Olympia Snowe.

Ridiculous?
    1) Palin is 44, which automatically makes any pregancy she would have at that age high risk.
    2) None of her staff knew she was pregnant until she announced it at 7 months! Amazing! She must have had the easiest pregnancy EVER! Clearly she had no morning sickness or any kind of complication! No one dealing with her schedule knew she was making extra doctor visits for a baby. And a problematic one at that since the baby has downs!
    3) Doesn't look pregnant at all in pictures of her in the third trimester.
    4) She took a 6+ hour flight back to Alaska after leaking amniotic fluid to have the baby in Alaska. All doctors can tell you that she did not follow common medical advice which would be to go to the nearest hospital so you don't risk infection. Considering she's 44, which automatically makes her high risk, taking a 6+ flight under these circumstances is unconscienable.

Panic? Keep dreaming. McCain's pick of her is the gift that keeps on giving.
    Ignorant of how things in Alaska work? Um, no. I know that they are a state just like any other. And to use the 'they get this and that' line only furthers to foster class warfare. And average skills? Then that makes Obama below average.

As for the baby, she did what she did on her doctor's approval. Whether or not you agree with it isn't grounds for spreading rumors.

^ Okay, then, TKDgirl, give us a rundown of exactly how Alaska works. And while you're at it? Tell us about the other 49 states.

Obama is still above average, compared to Palin. Need I remind you, he has 10 years political experience to Palin's two? Obama may not have as much experience as McCain, this is true. But just about everyone else has more experience than Palin.

AS for the baby, there's proof everywhere in this forum that the baby isn't hers. Read it all, again. This isn't a rumor that can be skirted around. Check around, you'll see that Palin is taking credit for her daughter's pregnancy, something that shouldn't have happened, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by NicoleWasHere View Post
    ^ Okay, then, TKDgirl, give us a rundown of exactly how Alaska works. And while you're at it? Tell us about the other 49 states.

Obama is still above average, compared to Palin. Need I remind you, he has 10 years political experience to Palin's two? Obama may not have as much experience as McCain, this is true. But just about everyone else has more experience than Palin.

AS for the baby, there's proof everywhere in this forum that the baby isn't hers. Read it all, again. This isn't a rumor that can be skirted around. Check around, you'll see that Palin is taking credit for her daughter's pregnancy, something that shouldn't have happened, anyway.
    Obama has 10 years of political experience? Yeah, Palin has 11. And your proof of the baby is all heresy. Nothing more.

Ignorant of how things in Alaska work? Um, no. I know that they are a state just like any other.
    Oh, really? You live in Michigan, right? So tell me--yes or no--could the Michigan state budget afford to pay for lifelong health care for all teachers who teach for only 5 years?
    And to use the 'they get this and that' line only furthers to foster class warfare.
    I didn't mention anything about "class warfare" but you seem to want to change the subject away from how different things are up in Alaska compared to states like Oregon and Wisconsin. Like I said earlier, you seem to be ignorant about Alaska. You've still yet to prove otherwise. Alaska is not full of rich people, which makes your "foster class warfare" argument pointless. Most people up there struggle to get by due to the high cost of living. Their annual oil checks are one of the only reason some folks can afford to live up there.
    And average skills? Then that makes Obama below average.
    You don't get to be president of the Harvard Law Review by being below average.

Besides, in a state of 600,000+ where most are either 1) federal workers, 2) work in the oil & mineral resources industry, 3) work in the natural resources industry, 4) work in fishing and 5) just like to live in the middle of nowhere, there's not a lot of people who are going to be scrambling for top political offices. It's a complete 180 from states like California, Texas, Minnesota, New York or Georgia. Politically, there's not a lot of competition for her up there.

As for the baby, she did what she did on her doctor's approval. Whether or not you agree with it isn't grounds for spreading rumors.
    "Doctor's approval"? You either need to go read all the evidence in the other thread or go talk to a doctor. I have an older sister who is a doctor and had her third child at 42. Over the age of 40 makes you a high risk pregnancy automatically, which means doctors watch you much more closely than a phone call like Palin mentions in her interview. I seriously doubt Palin's doctor had misgivings about her flying back up to Alaska because she clearly was not pregnant.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information