Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: In a brilliant move, Bush builds a deadly disease lab in a hurricane danger zone

^ Just look at it this way.....at least Bush will be at Ground Zero if something were to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    ^ Just look at it this way.....at least Bush will be at Ground Zero if something were to happen.

Hahaha. Good point!
    as privileged as a whore...victims in demand for public show, swept out through the cracks beneath the door, holier than thou, how?

Quote Originally Posted by RevellingInSane View Post
    Aside from the threat of hurricanes, placing that on an island on the Gulf is a security hazard waiting to happen.

Has Dubya already forgotten about 9/11. What makes you think water is an more of an obstacle than air? The hijackers had to actually cross US soil and evade security. It was harder to board a plane than it would be for psychos to mosey into that facility and unleash a real horror.
    eehhhh, it's just as safe as roads. Currently I'm working about 1/2 mile (probably less as the crow flies) from the Vaccine and Gene Therapy Institute in Oregon. Trust me, security isn't nearly as high as you might think to get into the place. I know they just opened or are going to open a VGTI in Florida, hurricanes happen there too.

Disasters happen everywhere. It's not like any one place is safer than the next.

from NATURAL DISASTERS, of course one place is safer than the next. How many earthquakes does Kansas get? How many Tornadoes does Seattle get? How many Hurricanes does Anchorage get?

Building a deadly contagion lab, which cannot withstand strong hurricane winds, DIRECTLY IN THE PATH OF A HURRICANE CORRIDOR is idiotic

You build that shit in, say, ALASKA
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

^^ Palin IS a natural disaster.

^ Kansas doesn't get earthquakes, they get tornadeos. Which are worse than Hurricane's because you don't have time to prepare. I am sure those winds would really spread that mess pretty quickly, too.

Seattle doesn't get tornadoes, they get earthquakes...which I am sure would shake the mess around, bust bottles and still expose people to it.

Anchorage, well it's close to Russia, and the Russian bastards can't be trusted.

I say build it in Texas so Bush can be taken out.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    I can't wait until Dubya becomes just Texas' problem again.
    We won't take him back...besides, he's from Connecticut.

I had hopes that this was an article from The Onion....my hopes were sadly dashed .

Quote Originally Posted by usernamedenied View Post
    We won't take him back...besides, he's from Connecticut.
    Well, ready or not Hurricane Dubya is about to make landfall in Texas in a couple of months.

How fucking stupid is he? Did someone forget the 1900 hurricane?

Built atop concrete pylons driven 120 feet into the ground, the seven-floor laboratory was designed to stand up to 140-mile-an-hour winds. Its backup generators and high-security laboratories are 30 feet above sea level.
    Hurricane categories are based on winds at ground level, the higher in altitude the stronger the wind. Looking at the Saffir-Simpson scale this building probably can't withstand a strong Cat 3 storm or low Cat 4.

Category One Hurricane: Winds 74-95 mph (64-82 kt or 119-153 km/hr). Storm surge generally 4-5 ft above normal.
    Category Two Hurricane: Winds 96-110 mph (83-95 kt or 154-177 km/hr). Storm surge generally 6-8 feet above normal.
    Category Three Hurricane: Winds 111-130 mph (96-113 kt or 178-209 km/hr). Storm surge generally 9-12 ft above normal.
    Category Four Hurricane: Winds 131-155 mph (114-135 kt or 210-249 km/hr). Storm surge generally 13-18 ft above normal.
    Category Five Hurricane: Winds greater than 155 mph (135 kt or 249 km/hr). Storm surge generally greater than 18 ft above normal.
    "Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counsellors, and the most patient of teachers."

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    ^ Kansas doesn't get earthquakes, they get tornadeos. Which are worse than Hurricane's because you don't have time to prepare. I am sure those winds would really spread that mess pretty quickly, too.

They're also worse in the sense, the maximum wind gust isn't just 160-something... try more like 300-something. :/

^ I know, right. I can't get my husband to go out West because of them. We were in a tornado several years ago, a small one, so he is terrified of the F5 and stuff. I am too.

I was born and raised in Kansas, a healthy caution is all that is required around a tornado, fear is unnecessary. At least in a tornado you can go underground to escape danger, WTF can you do in an earthquake or a hurricane? Now those are scary.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

I was thinking about this last night... ummmm I think when it comes to natural disasters you get the most warning with a hurricane. People know days almost a full week in advance to be prepared.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information