Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Breaking news about John McCain

"McCain's was a POW, but I'm THIS close to Russia."

Last edited by kingcap72; September 18th, 2008 at 11:19 PM.

eat a hot bowl of dicks.

What the Hell?? I leave this place for an hour or so, and miss out on the breaking news..WOW! McCain's a POW whowouldathunkit!! Maybe there isn't a reason to make a decision so soon!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

dreaming about being on a lake in Ontario

Well I felt it was my duty as a Canadian to inform the Americans of this pretty secret news. All in a days work.
    If I can't be a good example, then let me be a horrible warning.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Alright ... I'm voting for Obama in Nov., just to say that outright.

But to say another thing - I get you guys are making fun of the fact that McCain makes a comment about being a POW every five min. and has made it a huge part of his campaign.

I hope everyone realizes what a sacrifice he made for the U.S. in serving in Vietnam and then suffering in the Hanoi Hilton ... I wouldn't wish that on anyone and won't make fun of a guy for going thru it.

All u Canadians can laugh all u want, you're all useless unless there is a Hockey game in progress anyway (ha ha!) ... but as for the Americans, sure - he's using it for political gain ... which is sad, so don't vote for him then - but don't try to demean what he went thru, or how he served.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyote View Post
    Alright ... I'm voting for Obama in Nov., just to say that outright.

But to say another thing - I get you guys are making fun of the fact that McCain makes a comment about being a POW every five min. and has made it a huge part of his campaign.

I hope everyone realizes what a sacrifice he made for the U.S. in serving in Vietnam and then suffering in the Hanoi Hilton ... I wouldn't wish that on anyone and won't make fun of a guy for going thru it.

All u Canadians can laugh all u want, you're all useless unless there is a Hockey game in progress anyway (ha ha!) ... but as for the Americans, sure - he's using it for political gain ... which is sad, so don't vote for him then - but don't try to demean what he went thru, or how he served.
    There would be no reason to mock him excessively using his POW experience as a campaign tactic if he wasn't answering half his questions by mentioning it. Something The Colbert Report noted on Monday's The Word.

A*O

I'm not an American either so...

I think the point is that McCain plays the POW card at almost every opportunity like he's the only US serviceman to have suffered that fate. There are thousands upon thousands of other vets who went through what he did (or worse) who don't use it for sympathy or to gain some moral high ground. Nobody is questioning his patriotism - far from it - but every time he get the opportunity to "prove" how much personal sacrifice he endured while serving his country (and if he can take a dig at his opponants who haven't shared his suffering then so much the better) it seems like cheap point scoring.

I'm more interested in what he can offer NOW and in the future, not what happened 40 years ago.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Hit By Ban Bus!

^No doubt, I get the joke ... "How many houses do you have Senator?"

"Well, for a long time I was a POW so I didn't have a house."

Oh, c'mon man ... give us a break! But I hate to hear people bashing what he went through like it didn't mean anything, cause I can't even imagine how horrible it was.

That said, apologies for the Canuck crack - I'm an American Hockey player, chalk it up to jealousy.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadDwarf View Post
    Get the fuck out of here! Are you serious? This is mind blowing!

McCain was a POW??????

.. I wouldn't wish that on anyone and won't make fun of a guy for going thru it.
    Nobody would make fun of him for going through that. Ever. What he went through was horrible. Him continually mentioning it in response to such a huge variety of questions, is hilarious.
    "If you are not outraged, then you are not paying attention," Heather Heyer's facebook quote.

^No doubt, I get the joke ... "How many houses do you have Senator?"

"Well, for a long time I was a POW so I didn't have a house."

Oh, c'mon man ... give us a break! But I hate to hear people bashing what he went through like it didn't mean anything, cause I can't even imagine how horrible it was.

That said, apologies for the Canuck crack - I'm an American Hockey player, chalk it up to jealousy.
    People aren't bashing what he went through. They are bashing using that as a cheap ploy.

My grandfather was a paratrooper in WWII. He was captured on his 13th mission, and spent the rest of the war as a POW. He was also the happiest person I've ever known, but if anyone brought up his time as a POW, his entire face would change. The only thing he would ever say about the experience was that it wasn't Hogan's Heroes. It was clear that all those years later, it still haunted him, and it caused him pain to even think about it.

So, to see John McCain use his POW time as a deflection and a gimmick is a joke.
    Dear Buddha, please bring me a pony and a plastic rocket...

I wake up to find out about THIS? Dude, I seriously should've stayed in bed... this is too much. I can't take it.

dreaming about being on a lake in Ontario

I had a brother who went to Vietnam, thank god he returned safely. Not so sure about it's after effects though. So I truly, truly admire what McCain went through, but come on, is that all he ever did. Wasn't he fifth from the bottom in his class at Annapolis, didn't he crash 5 planes before he was shot down? None of this is mentioned. What happened to him was an awful experience, but not one he needs to remind us of almost daily.
    If I can't be a good example, then let me be a horrible warning.

ONCE AGAIN

I am late to the thread...

and I just cannot believe it...

McCain was a POW!!!!!!!!!!!

Nana, thank you for enlightening us! HAHAHAHAHA

I swear, we need our own GR banner for this: MCCAIN WAS A POW?

Well this news changes everything. I will now throw my support behind McCain. It would unpatriotic to do otherwise.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information