Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Bobby Jindal racism issue

Quote Originally Posted by chattykathy View Post
    I like Jindal. Maybe he just isn't close to his Indian relatives, did anyone ever think of that? He was raised here, he might not even know his relatives in India. Doesn't mean he is ashamed of his heritage, just means he isn't that in touch with it, he thinks of himself as American first and foremost.
    That may be true but as kingcap alludes to, there are some things when people try way too hard and it is obvious they are trying to be something they are not.

When someone changes their name to an "anglicized" version of it, when someone changes their religion, when someone does these things, it tells you they are trying to "change" their image. When someone is annointed to be the next great big thing in the GOP, maybe it makes people want to "fit in" and not be someone considered 'foreign' or 'alien.'

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    Right. Which is why he converted and changed his given birth name to 'Bobby' from the Brady Bunch. You can still think of yourself as an American without casting aside your cultural roots.
    Yep. Last time I checked "Bobby" was not the truncated form of the proper name "Piyush."

No one was talking about race ...

what, too much Brown in one day America?

Quote Originally Posted by celeb_2006 View Post
    That may be true but as kingcap alludes to, there are some things when people try way too hard and it is obvious they are trying to be something they are not.

When someone changes their name to an "anglicized" version of it, when someone changes their religion, when someone does these things, it tells you they are trying to "change" their image. When someone is annointed to be the next great big thing in the GOP, maybe it makes people want to "fit in" and not be someone considered 'foreign' or 'alien.'
    Some people had to do this in the early days of American immigration, to avoid conflict. Irish people in particular comes to mind.

Joe Biden does it again. Guess he was shocked to see Jindal not at a 7-11. YouTube - Biden Indian
    ""Somebody needs to talk to Alex Castellanos: he may not be doing sex right if he thinks an Obama speech is 'like sex'."~ Rush Limbaugh

^ isn't that like.. a year old
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

yeah, that's what i thought.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Just because it's a few months old doesn't make Biden any less of a jerk.
    ""Somebody needs to talk to Alex Castellanos: he may not be doing sex right if he thinks an Obama speech is 'like sex'."~ Rush Limbaugh

People are not receptive to Jindal because he comes across ass creepy and insane. He could be an albino and many would still point out his mannerisms speak to being untrustworthy and hiding a side which is dangerous.

Elite Member

When Jindal gave that speech after Obama's address to Congress, I kept thinking of the Tim Calhoun character on SNL's Weekend Update. He kept moving his hands up and down all creepy like that.

Yes, he's doing such a good job running his state, with fairly big chunks of New Orleans still in ruin. Right?

last i heard he was driving his state off a cliff

Yeah, he's cleaning it up alright, by grandstanding and 'refusing's stimulus money.. that'll surely help. 50 thousand people will be out on their ass.

He's a retard.

Some scary shit on Jindal (from Wikipedia, so . . .)

He opposes abortion with no exceptions, even if mother's life is thought to be in danger.

Jindal supports the teaching of intelligent design in public schools.[65] Despite calls for a veto from groups as diverse as the ACLU, the National Review, and Jindal's own biology professors at Brown University,[66] Jindal signed the Louisiana Academic Freedom Act in 2008. As a direct result of this, the Society for Integrative and Comparative Biology rejected New Orleans as a site for their 2010 meeting.[67] The president of the American Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology has also said that, while the group has already committed to their upcoming meeting in New Orleans, "No future meeting of our society will take place in Louisiana as long as that law stands."[68]

In 2006, Jindal sponsored the Deep Ocean Energy Resources Act (H.R. 4761), a bill to eliminate the moratorium on offshore oil and gas drilling over the U.S. outer continental shelf, which prompted the watchdog group Republicans for Environmental Protection to issue him "an environmental harm demerit".[59] Jindal's 2006 rating from that organization was -4, among the lowest in Congress. The nonpartisan League of Conservation Voters also censured Jindal for securing passage of H.R. 4761 in the House of Representatives; the group rated his environmental performance that year at seven percent, citing anti-environment votes on 11 out of 12 critical issues. Jindal's lifetime score from the League of Conservation Voters is seven percent.[60] Despite claims that Jindal's bill was successful,[61] H.R. 4761 was replaced by S 3711 (known as the Domenici-Landrieu Fair Share Plan). The original Senate version was passed by both houses of Congress and signed by President Bush.[62]

n 2007, Jindal led the Louisiana delegation in Congressional earmark funding. According to Taxpayers for Common Sense, in 2007, Jindal's earmark funding was 14th among all Congressmen.[63] As Governor in 2008, Jindal used his line item veto to strike $16 million in earmarks from the state budget while allowing $30 million in legislator added spending.[64]
    Bobby Jindal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

He's like Palin in pants.

He's like Palin in pants.
    You betcha!

Jindal supports the teaching of intelligent design in public schools.
    Those two words in bold don't belong in the same sentence.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information