Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blaming the blacks: Desperate conservatives criticize VP debate moderator Gwen Ifill

dreaming about being on a lake in Ontario

I really wouldn't care if the moderator was conservative. As long as they are fair. I think if they are professional they would have to be. The outcry if they weren't wouldn't help their career.
    If I can't be a good example, then let me be a horrible warning.

This is just desperate early damage control from the McCain camp. Sarah's probably gonna bomb this debate so they put this out there so everyone will blame the moderator. Nobody's buying it though. After that horrendous Couric interview, even the most conservative right-wingers know that Palin is a fucking moron.
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."-Einstein

This does nothing more than make McCain look more desperate. He and Palin are pathetic mockeries of the US political system and they do not want anyone to see it.

I've seen Gwen Ifill numerous times as a commentator and reporter. She's a pro, and nothing less.

McCain and Palin are going to pick apart EVERY FUCKING THING they can to deflect attention away from Palin's arrogant ignorance of the issues.

^^ Once again, misinformation abounds here. McCain has stated he has no problem with Gwen. Its other conservative commentators who are crying foul.

A government big enough to give you everything you want,
    is strong enough to take everything you have. ~Thomas Jefferson

His campaign is also bitching. Not him, but his proxies, but hey i guess we can't expect the candidate to control their own campaign.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

If this doesn't work, I am waiting for an undisclosed medical issue to surface around noon tomorrow.

All of this crap about the moderator is just early damage control in case Palin completely falls flat on her face. Because I don't remember the McCain camp saying anything about Jim Lehrer moderating before the debate last week.

Quote Originally Posted by mintjelly View Post
    This is just desperate early damage control from the McCain camp. Sarah's probably gonna bomb this debate so they put this out there so everyone will blame the moderator. Nobody's buying it though. After that horrendous Couric interview, even the most conservative right-wingers know that Palin is a fucking moron.
    Oh trust me, someone will.

Quote Originally Posted by bychance View Post
    Oh trust me, someone will.
    Ooops, forgot about the bubba voters and Sean Hannity watcher/listeners
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."-Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by tkdgirl View Post
    ^^ Once again, misinformation abounds here. McCain has stated he has no problem with Gwen. Its other conservative commentators who are crying foul.
    Yesterday, John McCain responded to right-wing attacks on debate moderator Gwen Ifill (over a book she's writing about politics and race) reasonably, saying he thought the PBS correspondent would be "totally objective." But today on "Fox and Friends" he turned that endorsement into something more like a warning. The Politico reports:
    McCain also went further than he had yesterday in responding to a question about Gwen Ifill serving as the moderator of tonight's veep debate, saying he preferred somebody else.
    "Frankly, I wish they had picked a moderator that isn't writing a book favorable to Barack Obama," McCain said of Ifill, who is examining the rise of the Illinois Democrat and other post-civil rights Let's face it. But I have to have to have confidence that Gwen Ifill will handle this as the professional journalist that she is."
    "Life isn't fair, as I mentioned earlier in the program."

McCain agreed to Ifill as moderator on August 6th, and her book had been public for weeks at the time.
    Ifill herself has responded to the controversy:
    "Do you think they made the same assumptions about Lou Cannon (who is white) when he wrote his book about Reagan?" said Ifill, who is black. Asked if there were racial motives at play, she said, "I don't know what it is. I find it curious."
    McCain On Ifill: I Wish They'd Picked Someone Else

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by tkdgirl View Post
    Something is amiss, that's for certain. Why bring up Ifill's book now, on the eve of the VP debate? That book has been on tap for months. Besides, Ifill is one of the most professional journalists today. She's not about to risk her reputation just to make Palin look bad for 90 minutes. Palin does a good enough job of making herself look silly, anyway. She doesn't need Ifill's help in that department.

Me thinks some conversative group--if not McCain's advisors, then someone who claims to be working in McCain's interest--is floating this out there to save face for Palin's pending implosion before a national audience.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information